Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Heard from a solid source that the reason the PL check is taking so long is they've had to tweak the VAR code to let us win loads of decisions in anticipation.

Still no real reliable sources saying this is close to being done like.

Mark Douglas did say yesterday that it’s likely there would be some sort of media embargo if an announcement was due. I’m sure we’ll find out more in the next couple of days.

Martin Hardy going against the grain by writing in the Times today that the PL checks will rumble on into the 6th week as they are studying new evidence which puts a direct link with piracy and the new owners, and also growing concerns from other clubs about the deal. I don't know if he's just writing it to be contrary, but just putting it out there.

Article is here if anyone has a subscription to post it. From the little bits you can see it seems just like another rehash to me - https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/premier-league-rivals-raise-concerns-over-saudis-newcastle-united-deal-z0dtpgmlv

Notice they make you register to read the rest. It’s click bait to get people to do this and then they will probably get 20% who will forget to cancel and get charged.

Absolutely nothing new, but asked a Saudi broker their view:

From an Arsenal fan’s perspective, I hope it doesn’t go through.. we need to stay in the top half of the table at any cost!

On a serious note, there is a lot of hype on the ground and it seems it will go through. If you look at the Kingdom’s investments in the international market as of late (PIF increasing stakes across), it is likely they follow through and it materializes. From a geopolitical standpoint, Qatar’s sudden backlash on the issue might be an extra incentive to make it happen!

The Sheffield United experience has brought extra attention to the league from a local base who are already fanatics of the game, and I personally believe the noise materializes! Let’s wait and see!

My dad is in extremely vulnerable category and hasn't left the house since the start of March, he says this being announced is the only thing that will put a smile on his face at the moment.

DO IT FOR MY DAD you cunts.

Same with my old man, sending him absolutely batty. Legit considering getting him a parrot or giant hamster running wheel to simulate walks

My dad is in extremely vulnerable category and hasn't left the house since the start of March, he says this being announced is the only thing that will put a smile on his face at the moment.

DO IT FOR MY DAD you cunts.

My dads the same but he’s a makem. He will hate it ha ha

Brucey making a plea to the prospective new owners is surely significant. He always refused to be drawn on it up to now and you'd think he'd be scared of a bollocking from Ashley for commenting on it unless he'd heard that he'd more or less gone.

Guest awaymag

They're reporting that someone else is reporting that someone else has reported something. Well done them.

Unbelievable isn't it.  One reporter posts something and then within 12 hours, most of the other papers report it and so it looks like its happened.  Actually, its still just one source.  World of social media is screwed man.  I only went on Twitter for the takeover news but soon deleted Twitter, its a cess pit!