Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

I don't give a single flying fuck about a sports writer who doesn't cover NUFC as his main gig and has been enjoying winding up our fans for shits, giggles and clicks. If he was so smart and proper writer who many of you all agree with - he'd also know not to act like a child on social media during a very strange, unique time in this world.

If he gets sacked maybe it'll be a wake up call that when you are in a job that's public facing, act like an adult and stop getting a rise out of people. Write about sport and football, don't engage in childish debates. Don't talk down to your fellow human beings - even the idiots who come at you with abuse. You're just following the same stupid cycle of bullying culture that needs to stop. Same goes for those who complain about him and wind him up, get a fucking life.

Agreed, he can't have the upside of all of the increased profile, clicks/exposure for his employers etc etc and then act a cunt and not recieve any of the negative too.

Not the way things work tbh.

Deserves all the stick he gets imho, same with that prick Luke Edwards who makes a point of taking the alternative view on almost everything NUFC just because standing out is is schtick.

Pair of wankers.

Does not deserve to be fired.

Don't give a shit whether he is or isn't. I'm not interacting with him on twitter.

Either way, he's made a rod for his own back now with the Hitler comment and it'll rightly be rammed back at him from here to eternity now.

Imho, he should've written his pieces, made his point(s) and then fucked off onto a new subject as journos do. He's made it his mission now to gain more and more exposure on this takeover and, in doing so, must accept that those with an opposing view will get more and more fucked off with him. He's responded to that like an amateur. Rose to the bait.

Setting aside his arguably misguided Twitter ramblings, I just can't take him seriously because he looks like he should still be in sixth form.  I've no idea how old he is, but if he's chief football writer for a national then he's probably older than his youthful Hispanic glow suggests.  A proper little Peter Pan.

Guest Howaythetoon

Fuck him and any other shit journo, get proper jobs, as for NUFC fans on twitter replace them with EVERYONE on twitter.

Setting aside his arguably misguided Twitter ramblings, I just can't take him seriously because he looks like he should still be in sixth form.  I've no idea how old he is, but if he's chief football writer for a national then he's probably older than his youthful Hispanic glow suggests.  A proper little Peter Pan.

He’s 29

He’s 29

O0

He's done well for himself, credit where it's due.  Shame he's a bit of a dick.

I don't think he's winding up fans for the sake of it like. He's just very opinionated and a bit weird. Was listening to him on Second Captains today (he wasn't talking about Newcastle generally) and he made an interesting point I thought that the Premier League is going to have Black Lives Matter on the back of the shirts while one and soon to be two of their clubs are owned by states like UAE and Saudi which is a bit hypocritical

If it costs him his job, so be it (it won't - they love the publicity its generating). Might make him a better person (it won't - he's a massive bellend) as he's clearly an utter cunt with an ego the size of a planet.

I don't give a single flying f*** about a sports writer who doesn't cover NUFC as his main gig and has been enjoying winding up our fans for s***s, giggles and clicks. If he was so smart and proper writer who many of you all agree with - he'd also know not to act like a child on social media during a very strange, unique time in this world.

If he gets sacked maybe it'll be a wake up call that when you are in a job that's public facing, act like an adult and stop getting a rise out of people. Write about sport and football, don't engage in childish debates. Don't talk down to your fellow human beings - even the idiots who come at you with abuse. You're just following the same stupid cycle of bullying culture that needs to stop. Same goes for those who complain about him and wind him up, get a f***ing life.

Agreed, he can't have the upside of all of the increased profile, clicks/exposure for his employers etc etc and then act a c*** and not recieve any of the negative too.

Not the way things work tbh.

Deserves all the stick he gets imho, same with that prick Luke Edwards who makes a point of taking the alternative view on almost everything NUFC just because standing out is is schtick.

Pair of w*****s.

Its quite funny because sports journalists in the US don't f***ing wind up for the sake of it these days...it's all about uniting fanbases and people. It's about the bigger picture today - which is recovering from COVID-19 and Civil rights.

Meanwhile Delaney makes his train comment.

f***ing insane.

Did I miss something like? What's so bad about the train comment? Do atrocities committed in Western Europe matter more than atrocities committed in the Middle East or something?

His comment that the Saudis were worse than Hitler when it came to human rights abuse, was a bit of an odd one one to make mind.

He seems to have lost perspective when it come to KSA & NUFC, somebody from his paper should be telling him to reel it in a bit.

Not sure there's been anything in modern history that's as vile as the holocaust. You just dont compare things to it.

Probably not but it's just varying degrees of evil. It was also 80 years ago

Not sure there's been anything in modern history that's as vile as the holocaust. You just dont compare things to it.

He didn't did he?

He didn't mean to, just with the Hitler train thing and people thinking he meant Auschwitz.

The last couple of months have been painful, and not just because we're twiddling our thumbs waiting for this takeover to happen. Our fans have acquitted themselves fucking dreadfully. I've stopped following it simply because I can't cope with the fucking whiny, hysterical, willfully ignorant dickheads that are either white knighting the Saudi regime or picking fights with people who think our new owners are less than perfect.

If you're being played by Miguel Delaney and Richard Keys, two of the biggest wind up merchants in the football media, you shouldn't be allowed access to the internet. Sorry like.