Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Surely if they are waiting for the report, it’s because they will use it to block the takeover, otherwise why else would they be waiting, it would have been passed by now surely.

Have a look at my post just above yours.

That is what I explain in there . . why they are "needing" the WTO report published, before they can announce the approval of the Takeover !!

He didn't say anything of the sort. He was interviewing Roberto Azevêdo from the WTO who said there would be a ruling, but wouldn't be drawn on when or if it had already been made, and said it would be between the two countries to come to a resolution.

This is what I saw too. I actually think there's a lot to be optimistic about. KSA cant just ignore this report and its findings and will need to seek a resolution with Qatar. Qatar too will want reparations and so surely it stands to reason that once that has been resolved the takeover will be free to be pushed through.

It would explain why the PL.havent rejected it yet, it seems to me that they're waiting for the report to be released so that that can be resolved which would leave them free to ok the takeover without repercussions from both sides.

Is that not what I said ?

Not really.

I can't see the Premier League rejecting the takeover, they need every penny they can get at the minute.  My only concern is the buyers get fed up and pull out.

Surely if they are waiting for the report, it’s because they will use it to block the takeover, otherwise why else would they be waiting, it would have been passed by now surely.

Have a look at my post just above yours.

That is what I explain in there . . why they are "needing" the WTO report published, before they can announce the approval of the Takeover !!

Cheers

Guest chopey

I beg to differ, anyway I'm 100% confident it will be all sorted by the end of the week

What you got planned for you birthday?

New Tablet, The Athletic subscription, celebrate with sexy Amanda, the Ribina Brothers and the Saudis

I beg to differ, anyway I'm 100% confident it will be all sorted by the end of the week

It’s my borthda this week. Might be a present for me

What day? Mines Thursday. Fingers crossed for good news.

New Tablet, The Athletic subscription, celebrate with sexy Amanda, the Ribina Brothers and the Saudis

Hope you have a great day celebrated with your loved ones.

Also goes to everyone else who celebrate their birthday this week.

When the guardian wrote about the WTO report a few weeks back, did they not describe it as a slam dunk for Qatar ? Surely that suggests the evidence will be used to block the takeover?

Wasn't it the Athletic? You're missing the point though, it might be a win against Saudi Arabia for Qatar, but it still doesn't mean the takeover will be blocked. Not if the PIF are seen as a separate entity.

Also, which I posted above...

This ruling looks like it might be just to say Saudi didn't do enough to stop piracy not that they were actually behind it which is explained in that twitter thread by Ben Jacobs.

Guest reefatoon

What day? Mines Thursday. Fingers crossed for good news.

Mine is Thursday too. This is happening.

Have I mis interpretated that interview in that it looks like he says the PL can take their findings and do whatever they like with it? Suggesting they may have found something?

They will have to show that PIF, a separate legal entity, were involved in piracy, if the can’t then the takeover will go through.

Have I mis interpretated that interview in that it looks like he says the PL can take their findings and do whatever they like with it? Suggesting they may have found something?

They will have to show that PIF, a separate legal entity, were involved in piracy, if the can’t then the takeover will go through.

what are you basing this confident post on?