Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Have I mis interpretated that interview in that it looks like he says the PL can take their findings and do whatever they like with it? Suggesting they may have found something?

They will have to show that PIF, a separate legal entity, were involved in piracy, if the can’t then the takeover will go through.

what are you basing this confident post on?

Read the last couple of paragraphs of this report.

https://www.footballlaw.co.uk/articles/newcastle-united-fc-takeover-and-the-premier-leagues-owners-and-directors-test

Surely if they are waiting for the report, it’s because they will use it to block the takeover, otherwise why else would they be waiting, it would have been passed by now surely.

Isn't It because it can be appealed when published? In which case they wouldn't be able to use the judgement...

So does that mean the whole report is meaningless to this takeover ? If so why wait for it at all?

Well depending on what the report says I guess it could be used to block the takeover, if that's what they wanted.

Personally, I think there is a lot of truth in the talk of negotiations between the PL, SA and Qatar on dealing with the protection of Beins broadcasting rights  If an agreement is reached, then there isn't really anyone else the PL need to be concerned about.

The report can then be published but hopefully a resolution would already be in place and no appeals.

If no agreement, then the PL could use the report as they deem fit.

Surely if they are waiting for the report, it’s because they will use it to block the takeover, otherwise why else would they be waiting, it would have been passed by now surely.

Isn't It because it can be appealed when published? In which case they wouldn't be able to use the judgement...

So does that mean the whole report is meaningless to this takeover ? If so why wait for it at all?

Well depending on what the report says I guess it could be used to block the takeover, if that's what they wanted.

Personally, I think there is a lot of truth in the talk of negotiations between the PL, SA and Qatar on dealing with the protection of Beins broadcasting rights  If an agreement is reached, then there isn't really anyone else the PL need to be concerned about.

The report can then be published but hopefully a resolution would already be in place and no appeals.

Who would they appeal to? The WTO Court of Arbitration isn’t quorate so not sitting.

Who would they appeal to? The WTO Court of Arbitration isn’t quorate so not sitting.

They can still appeal can't they? It just won't be heard until they are sitting. Obviously I don't really have a clue  :lol:

I beg to differ, anyway I'm 100% confident it will be all sorted by the end of the week

What you got planned for you birthday?

It’s my borthda this week. Might be a present for me

What day? Mines Thursday. Fingers crossed for good news.

Mine is Thursday too. This is happening.

And mine  :lol:

They can still appeal can't they? It just won't be heard until they are sitting. Obviously I don't really have a clue  :lol:

They can, however its Trump who is holding the process up as he refuses to nominate US representatives, he’s objecting to his perceived awareness that the WTO favours China. It only takes one country to object and Trump is. Mind I’m no expert on the WTO it’s what I’ve read online.

Have I mis interpretated that interview in that it looks like he says the PL can take their findings and do whatever they like with it? Suggesting they may have found something?

They will have to show that PIF, a separate legal entity, were involved in piracy, if the can’t then the takeover will go through.

https://www.footballlaw.co.uk/articles/newcastle-united-fc-takeover-and-the-premier-leagues-owners-and-directors-test

there's a lot of sense there, however it kind of ignores that the PL are allowed to reject "if they believe" (or words to that effect) that an applicant is guilty of something and the massive unknown here is just what pressure/influence exactly qatar is throwing at this...PL execs will be as corrupt as anyone else, if they're being bought off then that'll be that

fwiw i've always thought they'd approve it and still do

there's a lot of sense there, however it kind of ignores that the PL are allowed to reject "if they believe" (or words to that effect) that an applicant is guilty of something and the massive unknown here is just what pressure/influence exactly qatar is throwing at this...PL execs will be as corrupt as anyone else, if they're being bought off then that'll be that

Surely if you believe something it has to be based on something and they’d have to give their reasoning. That may well lead to the UK Court action by PIF. I think it’ll be approved to, it would appear that the government don’t want the Saudi’s pissed off given they spend billions in the UK every year. I’m sure the PL are being leaned on a little.

Surely if you believe something it has to be based on something and they’d have to give their reasoning. That may well lead to the UK Court action by PIF. I think it’ll be approved to, it would appear that the government don’t want the Saudi’s pissed off given they spend billions in the UK every year. I’m sure the PL are being leaned on a little.

I agree. Just because the PL have the power to reject a bid using their own judgement, they would still be wary of doing so unless they feel very confident of winning a legal battle should PIF react with a lawsuit. It does seem like they are trying to get both sides to come to an agreement to avoid any comebacks. I do think this week might see some movement with the WTO report being published.

You’d be right to believe Premier League is corrupt. This article is a good insight into how certain clubs namely Man U and Liverpool got to exert influence over selection of premier league CEO.

How these 2 clubs were allowed to interview and rule out a candidate is staggering in a business with 20 stakeholders.

When you hear about other clubs expressing concerns with this takeover, it certainly makes you wary of what shenanigans could be going on with self interest in mind.

Despite all the bad press regarding this deal, I believe we’ll have every right to feel hard done by if they block it.

https://www.newstatesman.com/2020/02/how-will-new-premier-league-chief-executive-richard-masters-reshape-football

Yes. Although I thought the saying phrase was “Mussolini made the trains run on time”. I think his point is that bad people can do good things? Perhaps especially if it’s in aid of their evil cause?

Yes. Although I thought the saying phrase was “Mussolini made the trains run on time”. I think his point is that bad people can do good things? Perhaps especially if it’s in aid of their evil cause?

Yeah, I can see why he’s used it, but I can certainly see how people think of it in reference to what I said.

It’s a horrible phrase he’s used in error if that wasn’t his intended reference.

He’s been baited by our fans here though, no doubt the Man City fans will also go full in on him.

Guest awaymag

that poor journalist!  All he's been trying to do is his job without an agenda or anything.  I hope the nasty people lay off him soon....