Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

His comment that the Saudis were worse than Hitler when it came to human rights abuse, was a bit of an odd one one to make mind.

He didn't actually say that though did he?

It did in the tweet I read.

Link?

The last couple of months have been painful, and not just because we're twiddling our thumbs waiting for this takeover to happen. Our fans have acquitted themselves fucking dreadfully. I've stopped following it simply because I can't cope with the fucking whiny, hysterical, willfully ignorant dickheads that are either white knighting the Saudi regime or picking fights with people who think our new owners are less than perfect.

If you're being played by Miguel Delaney and Richard Keys, two of the biggest wind up merchants in the football media, you shouldn't be allowed access to the internet. Sorry like.

:thup: exactly the same.

As an ambassador of the HET I'd rather we changed the subject a tad. :lol: Anyway, back to predicting the weeks.

“If you’re asking me which way the vote will go with the the owners and directors of the Premier League it’s a flip of a coin,”

wait what? :lol:

“If you’re asking me which way the vote will go with the the owners and directors of the Premier League it’s a flip of a coin,” according to an executive at a top Premier League team I discussed the deal with this morning.

Firstly, 'Owners and Directors of the Premier League' What garbage!! No such thing....

Secondly, since when have 'Executives of a top Premier League' club got the vote on whether the takeover is approved???

Utter shite reporting, again.....

As an ambassador of the HET I'd rather we changed the subject a tad. :lol: Anyway, back to predicting the weeks.

Not that encouraging to read the view that it might be 50/50 on whether the deal goes through, although without naming the 'top executive' of a PL club, it's hard to know if it should be taken seriously.

The top executive they quote is probably Charnley.

He has no idea what's going on just like everyone else. 50/50 is about as accurate as you can predict given the amount of positive/negative headlines over the last couple of months.

Opinions based on nothing. The PL aren’t talking about it to anyone. Whatever happens at least they can’t be accused of being unprofessional about it.

Do we actually know when the report will be published or is it still a vague “soon”?

Opinions based on nothing. The PL aren’t talking about it to anyone. Whatever happens at least they can’t be accused of being unprofessional about it.

Do we actually know when the report will be published or is it still a vague “soon”?

THE WHO report tomorow then available to the public 30 days after

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/newcastle-takeover-doubt-wto-rules-saudi-arabia-behind-beoutq-piracy-tv-report

THE WTO has already ruled that Saudi Arabia are behind the illegal broadcasting, so it could well be that the PL are going to use the official publication of the report to block the takeover. If they were keen to pass it, then surely would have been better to get it done before publication?

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/newcastle-takeover-doubt-wto-rules-saudi-arabia-behind-beoutq-piracy-tv-report

THE WTO has already ruled that Saudi Arabia are behind the illegal broadcasting, so it could well be that the PL are going to use the official publication of the report to block the takeover. If they were keen to pass it, then surely would have been better to get it done before publication?

Well that’s going by the Guardian’s waffle, and also incorrectly states that the WTO will say Saudi Arabia is behind the piracy. The WTO report is to investigate if Saudi Arabia could have done more to prevent the piracy, not who was behind it.

na your way behind on this m8, it says sa didnt do enough to stop the piracy, nothing damning or a deal breaker

Ah ok, fair enough. Must admit I lost interest over the last few weeks so not kept up to date with all the news reports coming out so took this article at face value. Anyway, the report is supposedly due to be published mid-June so due any day now for whatever that's worth.

Guest Carrick18

As I understand it, the WTO aren't ruling on whether Saudi state was behind beoutQ it was whether they were complicit by not acting.

It's likely equivalent to a landlord's tenant growing weed in a flat. How much did they know, could they have stopped it, etc.

It'll just be blessed relief when it happens, whichever way it goes.

If it’s a fail, there’ll be an appeal, if that fails I would think potential legal action. It could go on a bit longer.

Just a thought, but given that we doubt the PL would announce anything and that any announcement would come from PIF, how do we know we're not already into the appeal stage already?

After all, given how long it has gone on....

If it’s a fail, there’ll be an appeal, if that fails I would think potential legal action. It could go on a bit longer.

Just a thought, but given that we doubt the PL would announce anything and that any announcement would come from PIF, how do we know we're not already into the appeal stage already?

Definitely not beyond the realms of possibility.

Then we could be heading to the Courts if there’s another knock back.