Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Sitting in lawyers in trays.

probs aye, plus CRB requests or whatever they're called don't come next day i suppose :lol:

You would hope the CRB checks aren’t going through the standard route, my wife is involved in temporary NHS recruitment and says that CRB checks are running about a month behind due to demand

I know that feeling , waiting on starting a new temp role with the NHS and it's all waiting on the CRB check

Just out of curiosity, why would Bein write to the other clubs. They have no say in this do they?

It's all PR. I doubt Bein believe they are going to influence this thing but they will enjoy ruffling a few feathers.

Just out of curiosity, why would Bein write to the other clubs. They have no say in this do they?

well the other clubs have an equal say in the rules being made so writing to them isn't a bad idea, not sure theres anything technically atm that could stop it but as could be expected if theres anything that could get the prem to reject a deal its a threat to tv money via piracy.

If they threaten to stop paying for TV rights the deal will be blocked straight away. Ashley forever.

pretty sure that would be a breach of contract and cost them way more in court. However instead of maybe extending a bit of time for this season to get finished Bein start asking where is the premier league games we paid for under this contract then things could get awkward

Guest reefatoon

The good ship positivity has sprung a leak.

Don't let anyone piss on our chips, bash a cork in that leak and keep on rowing buddy.

I'm afraid I must insist. You see, the fans, they have been most vocal on the subject of the Saudi oil monies. "Where's the money? "When are you going to get the money?" "Why aren't you getting the money now?" And so on. So please, the money.

Guest taps01

Seems a bit like blackmail to me

Tried it with Serie A last year as well due to a cup final being held in SA.

Guest godzilla

worth noting sky and the bbc have complained about beoutq before as well

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/oct/31/bbc-sky-eu-european-commission-saudi-pirate-tv-service-beoutq

Makes no difference, the Premier League have to have actual hard proof that the perspective new owners are directly involved. If they don't and they knock back the new ownership, they will be facing a very heavy lawsuit.

New Set Piece Menu podcast is about the takeover. I'm already looking forward to next week's feature length episode where they read out Yorkie[/member]'s response.

That sounded suspiciously like someone who's bitter that they haven't got a 100% record of having their emails read out on the pod.

Luls. Looking forward to hearing that. Rory Smith in particular tends to get subjects like these bang on so I'm optimistic that it's a good listen.

New Set Piece Menu podcast is about the takeover. I'm already looking forward to next week's feature length episode where they read out Yorkie[/member]'s response.

That sounded suspiciously like someone who's bitter that they haven't got a 100% record of having their emails read out on the pod.

Luls. Looking forward to hearing that. Rory Smith in particular tends to get subjects like these bang on so I'm optimistic that it's a good listen.

I'm actually listening to football podcasts, it's very weird.