Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

We are stuck with Ashley or some skint Yanks that will have agreed for 10 years of Sports Direct ads in the ground.

Aye that's my feeling too.......

If it's legally binding he can't though. If there is a clause for a non refundable deposit that suggests to me it is.

In my experience, it will be upto and inclusive of x date. After that, all bets are off and exclusivity is reneged leaving the fat lad open to discuss a new deal with whomever he wants.

Also means the Saudi bid would need to be renegotiated if he wanted to.

All in all, we need the PL to get off their arses and make a decision ASAP.

We are stuck with Ashley or some skint Yanks that will have agreed for 10 years of Sports Direct ads in the ground.

If it's legally binding he can't though. If there is a clause for a non refundable deposit that suggests to me it is.

In my experience, it will be upto and inclusive of x date. After that, all bets are off and exclusivity is reneged leaving the fat lad open to discuss a new deal with whomever he wants.

Surely though the exclusivity period would be inclusive of the Premier League tests as well preparing of the legal documents. All rumours about an exclusivity period have said that it goes to at least May 7th, which is the final day of expected time frame of the Premier League tests.

In saying that if we got to May 7th and the Premier League said they needed a couple more days or so, that would surely be taken into consideration rather than scrapping a deal people are happy with and starting the whole process all over again.

I would much rather be sold to the Saudis personally, Mandy will see that we succeed.

Feel a bit uneasy about an American consortium buying the club. Same feeling I had about that group that owned Bordeaux that made that brochure.

All of the above is based on nothing, but feel our future is brighter with the Saudis.

If personally be stoked if you r got sold to someone other than the Saudis, it would be way better

Aye mate, be fucking great if Ashley was replaced by some American consortium who took money out of the club instead and didn’t bother to invest in the city.

An American consortium would be Ashley’s version of Newcastle with a different name above the door. The target would still be 17th, the cups would still be ignored, Bruce and others like him would still be our manager, and European football would be a tale to tell the grandkids and something they would dare to dream of.

You'd have thought exclusivity would be until a defined date notwithstanding things like fit and proper test. Ie everything between the two parties has been legally concluded within the time frame of exclusivity.

You'd have thought exclusivity would be until a defined date notwithstanding things like fit and proper test. Ie everything between the two parties has been legally concluded within the time frame of exclusivity.

There isn’t a chance they have paid a £17 million non refundable deposit unless the above is true this is binding till the outcome of the test

Surely though the exclusivity period would be inclusive of the Premier League tests as well preparing of the legal documents. All rumours about an exclusivity period have said that it goes to at least May 7th, which is the final day of expected time frame of the Premier League tests.

In saying that if we got to May 7th and the Premier League said they needed a couple more days or so, that would surely be taken into consideration rather than scrapping a deal people are happy with and starting the whole process all over again.

Would depend on the wording of the SPA mate.

It wouldn't be surprising if they'd allowed deal completion, non-refundable deposit payment + x days/weeks for PL approval/completion.

In the event that this date is missed, all power shifts back over to Ashley and he can either wait, renegotiate with the Staveley consortium or keep the deposit and find a new buyer.

It's been widely reported that there were more than one consortium going through the DD process and clearly the PIF bid got to the end sooner.

If these other guys are only two weeks behind, for example, Ashley could sell to them if he felt they would breeze the PL tests.

He then gets his money, gets to embarrass Staveley and gets to leave us with a less wealthy owner which won't make him look as bad.

Would appear a big win for the fat cretin imho.

FWIW, I completely believe that there is other interest and a second bid and in fairness to the hairy handed prick Keys, he's reported that since last December.

Exactly, which is just 1 of many reasons why when you look at this 2nd bid, it smells like bullshit.

I would much rather be sold to the Saudis personally, Mandy will see that we succeed.

Feel a bit uneasy about an American consortium buying the club. Same feeling I had about that group that owned Bordeaux that made that brochure.

All of the above is based on nothing, but feel our future is brighter with the Saudis.

Agreed.

If personally be stoked if you r got sold to someone other than the Saudis, it would be way better

Aye mate, be fucking great if Ashley was replaced by some American consortium who took money out of the club instead and didn’t bother to invest in the city.

An American consortium would be Ashley’s version of Newcastle with a different name above the door. The target would still be 17th, the cups would still be ignored, Bruce and others like him would still be our manager, and European football would be a tale to tell the grandkids and something they would dare to dream of.

Yep.

I was the one who broke the Kenyon/US bid on here ages ago.

I don't know if this is the second bid being reported but, if it is, he'd be a fucking disaster.

I got wind of some of the advisors to the deal and his initial plans and it couldn't be more small time tbh.

He wanted to line up Aitor Karanka as the next manager then and was taking advice off some absolute muppets.

Would depend on the wording of the SPA mate.

It wouldn't be surprising if they'd allowed deal completion, non-refundable deposit payment + x days/weeks for PL approval/completion.

In the event that this date is missed, all power shifts back over to Ashley and he can either wait, renegotiate with the Staveley consortium or keep the deposit and find a new buyer.

It's been widely reported that there were more than one consortium going through the DD process and clearly the PIF bid got to the end sooner.

If these other guys are only two weeks behind, for example, Ashley could sell to them if he felt they would breeze the PL tests.

He then gets his money, gets to embarrass Staveley and gets to leave us with a less wealthy owner which won't make him look as bad.

Would appear a big win for the fat cretin imho.

FWIW, I completely believe that there is other interest and a second bid and in fairness to the hairy handed prick Keys, he's reported that since last December.

Keys has reported it long since December, he has reported it since Ashley said he would sell. Keys knows nothing, and if he did know of a bid, that bid has long since disappeared.

Would be gutted if it wasn't Amanda and the Saudis

Yeah. Although hairy hands has talked up this other bidder as being a big positive for ages and he clearly wasn't referring to his middle eastern rivals. The fucking wanker that he is.

Could really do with some reassurance from Mr Caulkin right now. :lol:

Caulkins inside track is from Staveley. I'm not sure she can offer much reassurance at this stage as she cannot dictate the timeframes the PL are working to therefore, other than say the deal is where they'd expect it to be, I can't see what information he can get to offer us as reassurance.

Can't wait for this to be over.

I fucking hate our football club.

Aye it’s got to be Amanda & co for me. At least we have a fair idea what their plans will be. I cannot take being sold by Ashley for more of the same mid/lower table bollocks