Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

We’ll know if directors test is passsed via unofficial channels close to group, then prob few days later for formal announcement.

Such as sports ministers following us on twitter.

This is the thing for me like, there's so much ancillary evidence to suggest it's well on its way but the instant some fucknugget on twitter posts a bit of speculative thick-as-whale-spunk s**** everybody's in the pit of despair again

Don’t think I’ve ever known us as supporter base to be as jumpy as we are at the minute. But never has so much been at stake !

It's the Staveley takover or nothing for me. I am not interested in what any other party have to offer and neither will I put myself through the emotional ringer for yet more weeks and months by checking the internet for "progress" updates of the next farce.

Before this all kicked off a couple of weeks ago my interest in football was zero and in NUFC very little more than that. I was checking in to this place no more than twice a week and the lockdown had made me realise that I was truly ready to walk away from it all for good. The delirium of the last fortnight has pulled me right back in again but if this falls through then I will be even more bitter than I was just over two weeks ago and that will truly be the final straw. I wont watch a game of English football ever again.

It's a PIF takeover or bust and I suspect many will be saying the same. I have nothing to prove as a NUFC supporter....been going since 1984 and have had all of the football-related despair that one person can take. This falls through and thats me over the edge and not coming back.

In the seasons he was at juve he signed Dybala, Manzukic, Khedira, Rugani, Neto, Hernanes, Sandro, Cuadrado, pjanic, Bhatia, Higuaín, Pjaca, Bentancur, Costa, Höwedes, Matuidi, Scezney, di Sciglio, Bernardeschi,

And at Valencia he signed Murillo, Kondogbia, Guedes, Diakhaby, Wass, Piccini, Batshuayi, racic, Gil, Cancelo, Medrán, Orellana, Nani, Bakkali, Cheryshev, Gameiro, Sobrino, Roncaglia. Also worked with Allegri so a sign he might be coming?

In the seasons he was at juve he signed Dybala, Manzukic, Khedira, Rugani, Neto, Hernanes, Sandro, Cuadrado, pjanic, Bhatia, Higuaín, Pjaca, Bentancur, Costa, Höwedes, Matuidi, Scezney, di Sciglio, Bernardeschi,

And at Valencia he signed Murillo, Kondogbia, Guedes, Diakhaby, Wass, Piccini, Batshuayi, racist, Gil, Cancelo, Medrán, Orellana, Nani, Bakkali, Cheryshev, Gameiro, Sobrino, Roncaglia. Also worked with Allegri so a sign he might be coming?

Who did?

Being followed by the Saudi Sports minister according to Twitter. Seems genuine. I doubt these people would do this if there was a possobiooyybof someone else stealing in and sealing a deal.

I've always thought the Kenyon stuff was made up and convenient for Ashley

This is genuine, too many things line up for it to be, just need to hope it goes through asap

The Kenyon interest/bid was 100% genuine.

I've got no idea if he's still in the background, part of this other rumoured bid or completely finished with it all but I can tell you with 100% certainty it was a thing.

It's the Staveley takover or nothing for me. I am not interested in what any other party have to offer and neither will I put myself through the emotional ringer for yet more weeks and months by checking the internet for "progress" updates of the next farce.

Before this all kicked off a couple of weeks ago my interest in football was zero and in NUFC very little more than that. I was checking in to this place no more than twice a week and the lockdown had made me realise that I was truly ready to walk away from it all for good. The delirium of the last fortnight has pulled me right back in again but if this falls through then I will be even more bitter than I was just over two weeks ago and that will truly be the final straw. I wont watch a game of English football ever again.

It's a PIF takeover or bust and I suspect many will be saying the same. I have nothing to prove as a NUFC supporter....been going since 1984 and have had all of the football-related despair that one person can take. This falls through and thats me over the edge and not coming back.

Super post and me down to a tee also. I'd quit this place not long after the Bruce appointment and enjoyed a season of not giving a penny to the club in any way, shape or form.

I'd be completely finished with all football if this deal dies.

Nail on head 86 for me and this would be it forever

Pretty much sums it up for me.

Ditto for me.

Surely a rival bid would have to be colossal at this point cos there'd be all the legal fees to pay for Ashley wasting Staveley & Co's time. Don't buy it tbh.

Its not about legal fees. The deal is done.  If the league approve it and they pay the money PCP are the owners.  MA can't change his mind even if some prick comes in and offers a billion.

I mean, I want this takeover but I don’t know what it has to do with english football in general. I still like English football, I just can’t face following Newcastle.

I can't stomach watching other fans enjoying watching their club while mine just gives me pain.

I've barely watched a ball being kicked for years.

I mean, I want this takeover but I don’t know what it has to do with english football in general. I still like English football, I just can’t face following Newcastle.

It has everything to do with English football because if the deal is rejected it will be due to corruption within the Premier League. Logically and legally there is simply nothing that should prevent the PIF bid from being accepted. If it is rejected then that is confirmation that the English game is truly bent.

Surely a rival bid would have to be colossal at this point cos there'd be all the legal fees to pay for Ashley wasting Staveley & Co's time. Don't buy it tbh.

Its not about legal fees. The deal is done.  If the league approve it and they pay the money PCP are the owners.  MA can't change his mind even if some prick comes in and offers a billion.

In which case the reports about a rival bid are pure fiction. Which does seem likely.