Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Mind you, if it's Jeff Bezos or Bill Gates, I might have my head turned.

Jeff Bezos won't even pay the taxes he's due in every country he operates, what makes you think he'd give a fuck about Newcastle?

Americans would not be good for the city, like Stifler said, they'd just be a foreign version of Ashley. Fuck that.

It's the Staveley takover or nothing for me. I am not interested in what any other party have to offer and neither will I put myself through the emotional ringer for yet more weeks and months by checking the internet for "progress" updates of the next farce.

Before this all kicked off a couple of weeks ago my interest in football was zero and in NUFC very little more than that. I was checking in to this place no more than twice a week and the lockdown had made me realise that I was truly ready to walk away from it all for good. The delirium of the last fortnight has pulled me right back in again but if this falls through then I will be even more bitter than I was just over two weeks ago and that will truly be the final straw. I wont watch a game of English football ever again.

It's a PIF takeover or bust and I suspect many will be saying the same. I have nothing to prove as a NUFC supporter....been going since 1984 and have had all of the football-related despair that one person can take. This falls through and thats me over the edge and not coming back.

Fantastic post, sums up my feelings exactly. :thup:

3 separate articles on news now from daily mail, each one sticking the knife in. They practically let that t#%t from fair square right an article. I wouldn’t care if his main point was human rights, however he’s trying to use the sheff u conflict of influence angle.

Let no one be in any doubt these f£@#rs will try anything to stop this, how anyone nufc can even emphasise with them is beyond me.

3 separate articles on news now from daily mail, each one sticking the knife in. They practically let that t#%t from fair square right an article. I wouldn’t care if his main point was human rights, however he’s trying to use the sheff u conflict of influence angle.

Let no one be in any doubt these f£@#rs will try anything to stop this, how anyone nufc can even emphasise with them is beyond me.

It's the Daily Mail, how could you in the first place?

Welcoming Keegan back in some minor way, or somehow making him part of the furniture again is just a PR open goal for any incoming regime. That tale from Keegan's autobiography about him wearing a disguise at SJP is just completely backwards; the ground wouldn't even be there (in it's current state) if it weren't for him. I love Sir Bobby but for him to have two more statues at the stadium than Keegan is slightly crackers when you compare the respective impact of the two men. I don't know what an ambassadorial role means but I'd love for there to be a statue of him somewhere.

It's the Staveley takover or nothing for me. I am not interested in what any other party have to offer and neither will I put myself through the emotional ringer for yet more weeks and months by checking the internet for "progress" updates of the next farce.

Before this all kicked off a couple of weeks ago my interest in football was zero and in NUFC very little more than that. I was checking in to this place no more than twice a week and the lockdown had made me realise that I was truly ready to walk away from it all for good. The delirium of the last fortnight has pulled me right back in again but if this falls through then I will be even more bitter than I was just over two weeks ago and that will truly be the final straw. I wont watch a game of English football ever again.

It's a PIF takeover or bust and I suspect many will be saying the same. I have nothing to prove as a NUFC supporter....been going since 1984 and have had all of the football-related despair that one person can take. This falls through and thats me over the edge and not coming back.

Fantastic post, sums up my feelings exactly. :thup:

No idea mate just like torturing myself at the min (no Saudi pun intended )

To quote the great man himself before signing off

Don't ever give up on your club.

Keep supporting it, it's your club and trust me, one day you will get your club back and it will be everything you wanted it to be.” - Kevin Keegan

Guest reefatoon

Welcoming Keegan back in some minor way, or somehow making him part of the furniture again is just a PR open goal for any incoming regime. That tale from Keegan's autobiography about him wearing a disguise at SJP is just completely backwards; the ground wouldn't even be there (in it's current state) if it weren't for him. I love Sir Bobby but for him to have two more statues at the stadium than Keegan is slightly crackers when you compare the respective impact of the two men. I don't know what an ambassadorial role means but I'd love for there to be a statue of him somewhere.

Totally agree Yorkie.

No idea mate just like torturing myself at the min (no Saudi pun intended )

To quote the great man himself before signing off

Don't ever give up on your club.

Keep supporting it, it's your club and trust me, one day you will get your club back and it will be everything you wanted it to be.” - Kevin Keegan

Are we getting it back now or with the next owner?

New members everywhere.

This has gone to shite.

Manorpark though  :lol: :lol:

It's like when you get your new youth intake and they're all one star potential.

Clique rattled.  Legends lounge going into meltdown.  Smithers, free the hounds.

You don't even count, you're already out on loan to Berwick for the remainder of your contract.

:lol:

Whatever happens, I hope Sometime soon we have a new owner and we’re all just having fun and enjoying football again instead of having to be part of this insanely unfair public process that we’re innocent bystanders in.

I love NUFC, and have done so for the last 24 years of my life. It has always been my #1 sport club. Just want it to be a success and I want the people who support it to enjoy it. I want those who go to the stadium to have elbows galore and I want to finally see us lift a trophy.

The Keegan thing sounds like a token gesture. After Mike Ashley, they don’t really need to win us over.

As much as I love the man, perhaps it’s best he’s honoured by a statue or maybe if they build something, naming a stand after him or something.

He’s a man of principal. He’d only say something about the Saudis and it would all end in tears ?

Guest The Little Waster

The Keegan thing sounds like a token gesture. After Mike Ashley, they don’t really need to win us over.

As much as I love the man, perhaps it’s best he’s honoured by a statue or maybe if they build something, naming a stand after him or something.

He’s a man of principal. He’d only say something about the Saudis and it would all end in tears ?

Ah shaddap ... Keeeegggggunnnn !

That's what ambassador roles often are

It's criminal that Keegan and Shearer aren't involved with the club in some capacity

If we built a proper academy, I’d prefer to see him working with the youth setup. Imagine getting trained and motivated by someone like Keegan when you were just a kid.. he’d produce 10 more Gascoignes.

If we built a proper academy, I’d prefer to see him working with the youth setup. Imagine getting trained and motivated by someone like Keegan when you were just a kid.. he’d produce 10 more Gascoignes.

Not sure that's a great idea anymore  :lol: :(

An ambassadorial role is perfect. Just let the man return to SJP and enjoy the football, be revered the way he should. Tag him in if a player needs selling on the club; that should be the only way in which he needs to actually 'work' for us these days.

Keegan has been out of football for more than 10 years now. He's clearly not interested in a career in football we don't need to bring him back at all.

It would be a career, and I wouldn’t imagine hed have much input on the running of the club.