Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

I’m sorry like, but Delaney has perfectly valid points and seeing our fans pile in on him is all part of sportswashing.

You can argue the whole #cans (eurgh) thing is about finally getting rid of Ashley, but when the same fans arguing that have Saudi flags in their Twitter handles it only reinforces his point, really.

Guest reefatoon

tbh I find the cans thing cringey at best at least how the media have decided to jump in on it anyway.

Is it really making you actually cringe though? Or are you just being massively dramatic. Bet you haven't cringed once really, you just don't like it very much.  It's absolutely harmless really.  Love how "cringy" people get over the slightest things.  :lol:

It's even cringier how upset you get over it.

That's a laughing face not crying

Delaney seems to have gone down the Luke Edwards approach of starting off with a good point then narcissistically throwing his toys out of the pram while purposely, passively-aggressively antagonising the fan base then trying to claim some

mental superiority. It’s almost the telling it like it is journalism edition.

Speaking of Edwards, even when trying to indulge the fans he comes across as a proper melt. :lol: the f*** was his #winenotcans nonsense.

I thought the same ?

Guest neesy111

I’m sorry like, but Delaney has perfectly valid points and seeing our fans pile in on him is all part of sportswashing.

It is, but he hasn't went about it in the correct way imo especially on a platform like Twitter.

He comes across like an absolute bellend tbf. Clearly has next to no understanding of NUFC's recent history or its fans.

The basic point is a fair one and questions should be asked, but he delivers his message very much as a stereotypical smug national media type. Good to see Caulkin at least attempting to offer some form of education.

Delaney has good points but has probably just been saying the same thing for too long so doesn't really consider how best to communicate and get the audience he needs on-side. A bit like many political journalists with Brexit. On the face of it, shaming fans on Twitter seems a bit of a waste of time of his cause, and I can see why that comes across that it's more about him than what he's trying to fight.

Tbf to him after having re-read his initial tweets and then his responses to various people. He seems to be referring to the media's indulgence of the cans meme, rather than the fans themselves excitement over it.

I still feel like he's taking his argument to extremes but it does seem to be meant in a different way to how most have initially taken it.

But even still what’s the problem with the media indulging in the #cans meme? He is generally right but he needs to pick his battles better.

because in his opinion the media should be asking questions about the kind of people taking over the club and their track record and not blindly cheerleading

But you can separate the #cans meme as a celebration of Ashley leaving and still criticise the new custodians of the club.

Guest reefatoon

People calling edwards a proper journalist. Idiots.  :lol: :lol:

Aye, it looked like Edwards was just trying to curry a bit of favour with fans after his absolute shit show over the last year regarding Bruce.

tbh I find the cans thing cringey at best at least how the media have decided to jump in on it anyway.

Is it really making you actually cringe though? Or are you just being massively dramatic. Bet you haven't cringed once really, you just don't like it very much.  It's absolutely harmless really.  Love how "cringy" people get over the slightest things.  :lol:

It's even cringier how upset you get over it.

That's a laughing face not crying

#cans is basically this.

Well done, you like alcohol.

Guest reefatoon

Very strange Wullie. I have not once used the phrase or even think it is particularly funny. It is just very inoffensive and nothing really. Just makes me chuckle the amount of cringing and blushing that is done over such trivial little things. But we all know you love a good cringe and blush.

Delaney being piled in on is not sport washing. He comes across as a wanker who presents his opinion as fact and accepts no counter points. And he has done for years. He makes his point and then sticks his fingers in his ears and screams louder while challenged, all while trying to make out he's the smartest guy in the room with everything figured out.

Guest neesy111

Very strange Wullie. I have not once used the phrase or even think it is particularly funny. It is just very inoffensive and nothing really. Just makes me chuckle the amount of cringing and blushing that is done over such trivial little things. But we all know you love a good cringe and blush.

Yes you have, you've been sniping in this thread and others at any media mention against the takeover.

Spot on. It's just the usual people trying to be woke. "But he has a good point about SA". Really?

Someone should tell the government what the Saudis are up to.

Delaney being piled in on is not sport washing. He comes across as a wanker who presents his opinion as fact and accepts no counter points. And he has done for years. He makes his point and then sticks his fingers in his ears and screams louder while challenged, all while trying to make out he's the smartest guy in the room with everything figured out.

I can see why a few on here like him  :lol:

I never said you had used it. You wet yourself whenever anyone says they find it embarrassing though. Shouting about how PISSED you're going to get is just not something I've ever found particularly funny. Your mileage may vary.

Yes you have, you've been sniping in this thread and others at any media mention against the takeover.

And you and others have been been sniping at those who want a takeover. You do this by saying phrases like "whataboutery", "sportswashing", "human rights abuses".

Why should I or anyone else feel guilty about a takeover?

Guest reefatoon

Fucking hell today is going to be unbearable on here  :lol:

:lol: Yeah, you are right. I am gonna nip it in the bud and just get on with the smashing of the refresh button instead.

Personally think the whole cans thing is a bit cringey now that it's been adopted by the media, but Delaney should know that using that as the line of attack is completely alienating and kind of undermines his argument by trying to imply there's an intentionally sadistic line to be drawn between a bit of meaningless fun among fans and a murderous regime. There are strong arguments that can be made, so why he'd pick such a weak and counterproductive IDPol-style one, I dunno.

I never said you had used it. You wet yourself whenever anyone says they find it embarrassing though. Shouting about how PISSED you're going to get is just not something I've ever found particularly funny. Your mileage may vary.

Who gives a fuck what you think is funny? You sound like a right boring bastard, going around tutting at people and telling people what they should and shouldn't think.

If people want to say #cans, let them.