Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Very strange Wullie. I have not once used the phrase or even think it is particularly funny. It is just very inoffensive and nothing really. Just makes me chuckle the amount of cringing and blushing that is done over such trivial little things. But we all know you love a good cringe and blush.

I never said you had used it. You wet yourself whenever anyone says they find it embarrassing though. Shouting about how PISSED you're going to get is just not something I've ever found particularly funny. Your mileage may vary.

Again, "wet myself" You really don't need to be so dramatic to try and make a point. Nobody has pissed themselves, nobody is upset, blushing or "cringing to an early grave".  I totally understand people's feelings on the bigger issues, the human right's abuses, the way it is sitting uneasy with people, and I totally understand their take on it. Fully respected. But when people are then also jumping on stupid pointless things like a daft "cans" thing (and it does seem like the same people that have the other issues) it just comes across as people trying their hardest to piss on people's chips about every little thing. 

This was my point. I kind of get the idea of it being cringey but it tells you about someones mentality when they have to tell you that what you are doing doesnt suit their tastes. Its screams superfan. Again, it's not personal to Wullie, theres more and more of it recently.

Delaney has good points but has probably just been saying the same thing for too long so doesn't really consider how best to communicate and get the audience he needs on-side. A bit like many political journalists with Brexit. On the face of it, shaming fans on Twitter seems a bit of a waste of time of his cause, and I can see why that comes across that it's more about him than what he's trying to fight.

Tbf to him after having re-read his initial tweets and then his responses to various people. He seems to be referring to the media's indulgence of the cans meme, rather than the fans themselves excitement over it.

I still feel like he's taking his argument to extremes but it does seem to be meant in a different way to how most have initially taken it.

But even still what’s the problem with the media indulging in the #cans meme? He is generally right but he needs to pick his battles better.

because in his opinion the media should be asking questions about the kind of people taking over the club and their track record and not blindly cheerleading

Is this the guy from the Independent because as I posted before he didn't seem to have any problems when they were linked with a 4 billion bid for his beloved man u

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-united-sale-saudi-arabia-interest-reports-latest-buy-club-mohammad-bin-salman-a8586866.html

Delaney has good points but has probably just been saying the same thing for too long so doesn't really consider how best to communicate and get the audience he needs on-side. A bit like many political journalists with Brexit. On the face of it, shaming fans on Twitter seems a bit of a waste of time of his cause, and I can see why that comes across that it's more about him than what he's trying to fight.

Tbf to him after having re-read his initial tweets and then his responses to various people. He seems to be referring to the media's indulgence of the cans meme, rather than the fans themselves excitement over it.

I still feel like he's taking his argument to extremes but it does seem to be meant in a different way to how most have initially taken it.

But even still what’s the problem with the media indulging in the #cans meme? He is generally right but he needs to pick his battles better.

because in his opinion the media should be asking questions about the kind of people taking over the club and their track record and not blindly cheerleading

Is this the guy from the Independent because as I posted before he didn't seem to have any problems when they were linked with a 4 billion bid for his beloved man u

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-united-sale-saudi-arabia-interest-reports-latest-buy-club-mohammad-bin-salman-a8586866.html

I'm officially Phil Connors at this point.

Unfortunately the very well publicised assassination of the journalist has increased the scrutiny.

Think that article was written just after the incident actually, but all of the facts came out after and was a major world wide story for quite some time.

Before that, I can imagine your average Joe wouldn't have given a shit, now it's really highlighted the more unsavoury aspects of the regime.

Fucking hell, thought there'd be something worth reading when I saw this thread had moved 8 pages since I last looked.

It's been pretty gripping tbf. We hate cans and Miguel Delaney. Most progess there's been in days.