Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Given this now looks increasingly likely I’ve hit the point where I’m expecting it to go wrong and the fear of that hopeless feeling that will arrive it we’re faced with more Ashley.

Fans on Twitter are also grinding my gears talking about signing Mbappe - even the ironic ones, talking about how wealthy a club we’ll be. For once can we not appear to be absolute divvies to the outside world. Even if it happens we’ve got absolutely no idea what level of investment that we’re likely to see.

I mean, England's history isn't exactly a morally clean one ffs...

A bit weird comparison. How many clubs has your royal family bought in, let's say India, for the sole purpose of improving your image?

A bit weird comparison. How many clubs has your royal family bought in, let's say India, for the sole purpose of improving your image?

dunno I quite like the idea of the queen buying some MLS club to improve her image in the US so eventually the rebellious colonies finally return to the British Empire

Guest neesy111

dunno I quite like the idea of the queen buying some MLS club to improve her image in the US so eventually the rebellious colonies finally return to the British Empire

I think they would take that over the current incumbent in charge.

I haven't read anything to do with the takeover - is it going to happen? Or just be like the 400 previous versions of us being taken over? What's different this time? Any top-line info so don't have to trawl through. Cheers.

NUFC’s accounts have been officially linked with PCP via Companies house, which is the starting point of the transfer of ownership.

Multiple news agencies have reported that a deal of £300m has been agreed.

Some say the only thing left to be concluded is the FA’s fit and proper persons test. Many journalists are asking for a formal announcement to be made with them adding ‘subject to passing the FA’s fit and proper persons test’ included in the statement.

Cheers bud!  O0

Well I based my opinion of Mike Ashley on the football served up, the people he appointed to run the football club and the people he p*ssed off along the way (Keegan, Shearer, Rafa  the fans etc).

I'll be basing my opinions of our new owners in exactly the same way.

After 13 years of a parasite holding this club back, I honestly dont care where the new owners are from as long as they run this club like a football club. Whether the Saudis own us or dont own us will make no difference to how they behave and what they do in Saudi Arabia.

I'm not telling what anyone should think but that last line is completely untrue.

We all know that the only reason they are buying Newcastle is sportswashing their image and moving the conversation to something else than their human rights situation. So it naturally is tied to what happens in Saudi Arabia. You can't just separate the two things at that point.

Whether you give a s*** or not is another matter.

You seem pretty convinced of the reason for purchase. Do you live next door but one to "Newcastle Fan'?

If it was some oligarch, close to Putin I would've been very concerned and probably against it from the off.

Not worried by the Saudis owning us. They won't be hands-on at all and they truly are too big to fail. The country is very stable, despite and thanks to the autocratic regime. Although the Crown Prince is very young for such unlimited power and has started gathering bad publicity lately, I don't think the Royal family's political decisions will have any bearing on how we're run as a business. And after all, the Saudis have been allies to the Western world since the 70s.

I’m not happy about it based on my moral criticisms of Ashley - I’m now a hypocrite. Reality is my protest is clearly now about modern football. You have to prostitute yourself to one whim of Uber capitalism or the other these days or your club is dead to you. I’ve got a tough decision to make.

:thup:

My views as well, I'll still follow the club and might buy some merchandise now etc but I won't be going back in a hurry.

Very difficult one. I like the PL more now as just a display of technique and entertainment, the idea of sporting competition has been damaged to a large extent. Better think of it something like WWE, makes no real sense but can entertain you for the odd afternoon.

Still, will be nice to not have active daily hatred for my own club.

Well I based my opinion of Mike Ashley on the football served up, the people he appointed to run the football club and the people he p*ssed off along the way (Keegan, Shearer, Rafa  the fans etc).

After 13 years of a parasite holding this club back, I honestly dont care where the new owners are from as long as they run this club like a football club. Whether the Saudis own us or dont own us will make no difference to how they behave and what they do in Saudi Arabia.

I'm not telling what anyone should think but that last line is completely untrue.

We all know that the only reason they are buying Newcastle is sportswashing their image and moving the conversation to something else than their human rights situation. So it naturally is tied to what happens in Saudi Arabia. You can't just separate the two things at that point.

You seem pretty convinced of the reason for purchase. Do you live next door but one to "Newcastle Fan'?

Yes. I don't think the reason they are involved requires any debate.

As a Newcastle fan, during the Ashley era I’ve developed a sort of victim mentality. That fat cunt has abused us for 13 years, nobody is gonna stop me from supporting my club if/when it finally becomes successful.

really you think the sovreign wealth fund of saudi arabia is buying a football club for anything but PR reasons? You think they give half a shit about Newcastle United, the City or the clubs history? Saudi Arabia (and a lot of other oil producing dictatorships in the gulf region) have been getting into hosting sports events or buying clubs for 10-15 years and they ain't doing it purely for the love of sport (though I will grant it is no doubt a factor in some cases)

Very much like the footballers wages debate, why blame football fans?

Are Man City fans to blame for what their owners have done? Are PSG fans to blame for what Qatar do?

The fact is the companies we use day in day out, and even our governments all trade with Saudi Arabia, even selling them weapons.

2 years ago the guy who is buying us walked down Downing Street, was met by our PM at the time, and walked into number 10 practically holding her hand. People can fuck off blaming us.

There was never ever any mention when we were pulling up Ashley’s business practices. So why start now?

If they are bringing money not just to the football, but the city, well our city and our region has been shit on for generations. Our city and even our football club are no longer in the position to question where the money and investment comes from.

It’s ok sitting in London, and Manchester etc and having a go at us. Fuck off, they haven’t lived here, they haven’t had the disadvantages that we have had. If our football club becomes the face of that and successful, they can suck it up, just like we have always had to do.

Well I based my opinion of Mike Ashley on the football served up, the people he appointed to run the football club and the people he pissed off along the way (Keegan, Shearer, Rafa  the fans etc).

The aim of buying us will be to improve their image in the West though, nowt to do with football

Are Man City fans to blame for what their owners have done? Are PSG fans to blame for what Qatar do?

The fact is the companies we use day in day out, and even our governments all trade with Saudi Arabia, even selling them weapons.

2 years ago the guy who is buying us walked down Downing Street, was met by our PM at the time, and walked into number 10 practically holding her hand. People can fuck off blaming us.

There was never ever any mention when we were pulling up Ashley’s business practices. So why start now?

If they are bringing money not just to the football, but the city, well our city and our region has been shit on for generations. Our city and even our football club are no longer in the position to questions where the money and investment comes from.

It’s ok sitting in London, and Manchester etc and having a go at us. Fuck off, they haven’t lived here, they haven’t had the disadvantages that we have had. If our football club because the face of that and successful, they can suck it up, just like we have always had to do.

Is anyone blaming fans? I thought we were discussing how happy or dubious we are to be owned by them.

If they are bringing money not just to the football, but the city, well our city and our region has been shit on for generations. Our city and even our football club are no longer in the position to questions where the money and investment comes from.

It’s ok sitting in London, and Manchester etc and having a go at us. Fuck off, they haven’t lived here, they haven’t had the disadvantages that we have had. If our football club because the face of that and successful, they can suck it up, just like we have always had to do.

Is anyone blaming fans? I thought we were discussing how happy or dubious we are to be owned by them.

It’s essentially the same.

I’d love for us to be taken over by a Geordie who made a global company and became a billionaire and can also invest in the city. It’s not going to happen though. Like I said, we are no longer in the position to question where investment comes from anymore.

I don't blame fans at all. Just hoping that when we get criticism for it, which we definitely will and deservedly so, that fans can accept that the criticism is fair enough and don't start defending them

this is a good point, and while the two bad's don't really compare i didn't see many fans around the country standing in solidarity with us and bouycotting SD shops so they can all fuck off

It’s essentially the same.

I’d love for us to be taken over by a Geordie who made a global company and became a billionaire and can also invest in the city. It’s not going to happen though. Like I said, we are no longer in the position to question where investment comes from anymore.

don't think anyone here is blaming fans I'm certainly not going to hold it against anyone who wants to be excited and not think about the moral side of this, kinda wish I could too and I might have been able to if it wasn't Saudi fucking Arabia whos almost as bad as you can get

Guest The Little Waster

It’s this bloke I’m most happy for  :aww:

Ababan

Amaban

Amanda

Dont take the piss out of Kenny hes a great lad and the fact he has a learning disability shouldnt be the occasion for you to mock him