Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

its ashley's one last fuck off to us fans.

i'm going to sell you when theere's a lockdown - gonna have a party? - knock yourselves out.

i honestly think there would have been pandemonium in the city centre and around sjp if this had been down at any other time.

one huge party.

i would have taken my kids down there just to soak up the atmosphere.

oh well, will just have to party in the garden.

That'll backfire then. If the season had went as normal and this was spread out as it is the atmosphere at those games wouldn't have been as good as there be too much apprehension as to whether it'll go through. This way it should be done and dusted by our next game. Imagine that !

Edit...Oh aye, if the season restarts where we left off we'll be at home.

Sticking a galactico on this team would be very weird. It'll need to be a planned, gradual rebuilding job.

Ian, I wouldnt even be bothered if we signed no galacticos.

even if it was just a net 50-70m spent this summer but with a proper plan i'd be happy.

buying palyers we need rather than they are are available or a bargain.

100%. Will feel odd to see us buying players we actually need rather than those we can sell on for a profit, regardless of where they fit in.

Get Rafa back or someone just as good

Get rid of the shite SD signs

Tie down the longstaffs

Buy a striker who has proven to be able to score goals (Rondon)

Release colback, elliot and shola.

Invest in cleaning and modernising the stadium

In house as much as we can.

Get back our merchandise

Buy back the land at SP.

New training and academy setup

Make willems perm

Target 2 positions a window to improve on.

That's enough for me.

The term 'sportswashing' that has become popular was created from a morally superior stone-throwing position.

Its all very "Look at what they do! (but please don't look at us)." There's probably only a handfull of govts in the world that have a pretty clean record. Then you could create a scale, 'but what they do IS worse than what we ever did'. The truth of it is the worlds a shit place if you peer through enough curtains and lift enough rugs.

Oil is unsustainable and an investment fund exists to diversify away from that and provide more options. That's the way I'm looking at it. I'm not expecting a Man City/Chelsea situation anyway, this will likely be a long term project managed much more sensibly.

Good point that. Moral is all relative therefore one can never say that something is evil or good. Every action, deed, process, activity can be seen as good or evil, it's all in the eye of the beholder. Therefore by your impeccable logic, we cannot ever criticize anyone or anything, lest we fall in to the morally superior stone-throwing position, which you have decried.

I was suggesting there was a degree of hypocrisy in taking a morally superior position without looking carefully at a lot of things. I was not suggesting there is no such thing as right or wrong.

As Kevin Spacey's K-Pax character said, "The whole Universe knows right from wrong".

Shame Kevin Spacey didn't

The term 'sportswashing' that has become popular was created from a morally superior stone-throwing position.

Its all very "Look at what they do! (but please don't look at us)." There's probably only a handfull of govts in the world that have a pretty clean record. Then you could create a scale, 'but what they do IS worse than what we ever did'. The truth of it is the worlds a shit place if you peer through enough curtains and lift enough rugs.

Oil is unsustainable and an investment fund exists to diversify away from that and provide more options. That's the way I'm looking at it. I'm not expecting a Man City/Chelsea situation anyway, this will likely be a long term project managed much more sensibly.

Good point that. Moral is all relative therefore one can never say that something is evil or good. Every action, deed, process, activity can be seen as good or evil, it's all in the eye of the beholder. Therefore by your impeccable logic, we cannot ever criticize anyone or anything, lest we fall in to the morally superior stone-throwing position, which you have decried.

I was suggesting there was a degree of hypocrisy in taking a morally superior position without looking carefully at a lot of things. I was not suggesting there is no such thing as right or wrong.

As Kevin Spacey's K-Pax character said, "The whole Universe knows right from wrong".

:lol:

Its all very "Look at what they do! (but please don't look at us)." There's probably only a handfull of govts in the world that have a pretty clean record. Then you could create a scale, 'but what they do IS worse than what we ever did'. The truth of it is the worlds a s*** place if you peer through enough curtains and lift enough rugs.

:lol: :lol:

Well played indeed Sir.

Tie down the longstaffs

Get back our merchandise

Buy back the land at SP.

Make willems perm

That's enough for me.

Now I'm erect.

Guest neesy111

Superb.

Just on the Saudi's and how I feel about them.  I'm in no position to take the moral high ground, despite all of my concerns. 

Living in Newmarket, I love my horse racing.  My favourite owner to follow in terms of the quality of horses he's had over the years, is Prince Khalid Abdullah of the House of Saud :lol:

I'm a massive hypocrite!

Just on the Saudi's and how I feel about them.  I'm in no position to take the moral high ground, despite all of my concerns. 

Living in Newmarket, I love my horse racing.  My favourite owner to follow in terms of the quality of horses he's had over the years, is Prince Khalid Abdullah of the House of Saud :lol:

I'm a massive hypocrite!

I’m presently just up the road in great wilbraham. Newmarket is an interesting place for all the money around it.

I wish there was some better word for this....

Tie down the longstaffs

Get back our merchandise

Buy back the land at SP.

Make willems perm

That's enough for me.

This is it, like. It's always been so fucking simple but Ashley knew best/dug his heels in/made error after error.

If this goes through, I think we'll feel and see a huge lift for the city. All of the disillusioned fans who sacked it off could be returning in their swathes, ready for the rebirth.

It's still ifs and buts, but pumping some money into Newcastle could see the whole region benefit on the whole in the long run.  Now we potentially wait for 2-4 weeks on more news, which is going to be frustrating..

I'll actually look forward to the transfer rumour thread again too.

If this goes through, I think we'll feel and see a huge lift for the city. All of the disillusioned fans who sacked it off could be returning in their swathes, ready for the rebirth.

It's still ifs and buts, but pumping some money into Newcastle could see the whole region benefit on the whole in the long run.  Now we potentially wait for 2-4 weeks on more news, which is going to be frustrating..

I'll actually look forward to the transfer rumour thread again too.

I'll buy a season ticket and travel back at least monthly, if not move home completely. Despite being very Saudisceptic :lol:

I'm a massive hypocrite!

I’m presently just up the road in great wilbraham. Newmarket is an interesting place for all the money around it.

Ha, no way.  My physio is in Wilbraham and played Cricket there back in the day.  Small world. 

The strange juxtaposition in Newmarket of shit areas & tower blocks right next to Millionaires Row.  If for example, Sheikh Mohammed decided he'd had enough, or if racing ever got banned or restricted.  It would be absolutely dire.

Tie down the longstaffs

Get back our merchandise

Buy back the land at SP.

Make willems perm

That's enough for me.

Totally agree with all of this.

It's perfectly possible to enjoy supporting the club but still disapprove of the actions of the owners in other areas. Those two things are not mutually exclusive.

My main gripe with Ashley has always been his running of the club I supported. I've only ever drawn attention to his shit business practices as a way to put pressure on his ownership of the club. For example, whilst I acknowledge he's a cunt, I can't say I lose any sleep about how Philip Green runs his retail empire. He's of no consequence to me.

What I want from my football club owner is someone who does their best firstly for the football club and, secondly, the region. Irrespective of how much I disapprove of their other practices, I'm not going to fight against them if they're doing their best on the footballing front. I'll let others who are involved in that specific area fight that fight, because first and foremost I'm a football supporter, not a diplomat or MP or Journalist. Let others do their job in that regard and I'll do mine of enjoying the football.

After 13 years, I fucking deserve that much. I'm too tired.

Tie down the longstaffs

Get back our merchandise

Buy back the land at SP.

Make willems perm

That's enough for me.

Get rid of puma & fun88