Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest reefatoon

Apart from a handful of people on here, the conversation never turns to this when discussing with other people (also other people’s fans). Whenever the topic is brought up when talking with people from work etc, it’s always about football and the amount of money and how we will be a force etc. Seems to me the only place this is talked about is by a handful of people on here banging the drum.

So you think your work is representative, but the forum with loads of people from all walks of life isn't? Surely it's the other way round.

Not my point at all,  and I know you only pop in here for argumentative reasons. I was only saying there are about 5 people on here who constantly bang on about it, but I don’t hear it from anywhere else. I don’t take you opinion any higher than anyone else’s though, should I?

You will always get a minority of people with what may appear to be strange beliefs that don't fit in with the majority

I like people having different takes/beliefs that don’t fit in with the majority. Just think the calling people stupid for not having the same outlook is not needed at all.

Apart from a handful of people on here, the conversation never turns to this when discussing with other people (also other people’s fans). Whenever the topic is brought up when talking with people from work etc, it’s always about football and the amount of money and how we will be a force etc. Seems to me the only place this is talked about is by a handful of people on here banging the drum.

So you think your work is representative, but the forum with loads of people from all walks of life isn't? Surely it's the other way round.

Not my point at all,  and I know you only pop in here for argumentative reasons. I was only saying there are about 5 people on here who constantly bang on about it, but I don’t hear it from anywhere else. I don’t take you opinion any higher than anyone else’s though, should I?

You will always get a minority of people with what may appear to be strange beliefs that don't fit in with the majority

They aren't strange beliefs at all like. If it was Man Utd getting taken over by the Saudis, I bet at least 50% of the people on here would be complaining about it. Not wanting a horrendous country to take over a football club is not a strange belief

You don't even need to do that, just look at the various posts about Man City on here over the years.

Just seen those new comments from Keys.

You just know he started wankng himself furiously when Deli Alli was robbed, as he suddenly had another angle to spin from, and a last chance to pedal his 'SA are thieves' line.

They aren't strange beliefs at all like. If it was Man Utd getting taken over by the Saudis, I bet at least 50% of the people on here would be complaining about it. Not wanting a horrendous country to take over a football club is not a strange belief

A Newcastle fan not wanting to get rid of Ashley and not wanting the club to compete is a strange belief though. Therein lies the conflict.

I like people having different takes/beliefs that don’t fit in with the majority. Just think the calling people stupid for not having the same outlook is not needed at all.

That's not what it is though. :lol: It's not because the opinions are different, it's because they're seen as being stupid.

A Newcastle fan not wanting to get rid of Ashley and not wanting the club to compete is a strange belief though. Therein lies the conflict.

Everybody wants rid of Ashley, I don't think anybody has said differently. It's like getting rid of cancer and getting AIDS

This forum wanted City to beat Liverpool to the title in the majority last year despite being a Middle Eastern Sovereign power. Surprised its gone the other way when it's come to our own club

Guest reefatoon

That's not what it is though. :lol: It's not because the opinions are different, it's because they're seen as being stupid.

And like I said earlier, it’s stupid comments on both sides that make the whole thing just a big pile of shite and not needed. Like that Yemen kid comment. He never got called out for it though, even though it was lifting.

Only when you frame it that way. It's just as easy to frame it as a strange belief to want the club you've supported your whole life and have great pride in to be owned and forever associated with murderers/terrorists/baby bombers/whatever you want to call them, all because they'll buy success. Just as easy to frame it from the other side tbf.

This forum wanted City to beat Liverpool to the title in the majority last year despite being a Middle Eastern Sovereign power. Surprised its gone the other way when it's come to our own club

I didn't, and I don't think anybody else on this side of the argument did either. It's not gone the other way either, it's a very small minority on here that is opposed to it

And like I said earlier, it’s stupid comments on both sides that make the whole thing just a big pile of s**** and not needed. Like that Yemen kid comment. He never got called out for it though, even though it was lifting.

I mean that's completely out of context. The bloke was basically saying he doesn't care about how it's done, he's got to 69 and he wants to win a trophy. What's the problem with highlighting that there are more important things going on than Newcastle not winning a trophy?

And like I said earlier, it’s stupid comments on both sides that make the whole thing just a big pile of shite and not needed. Like that Yemen kid comment. He never got called out for it though, even though it was lifting.

Well the people opposed to the deal are in the minority, as you say, so I'm not sure why it wasn't.

I'll stay like I have the last few years. Watch the game if I'm not doing anything else not really caring about the result. It's obviously harder for people from Newcastle

:( and fair enough. Hopefully you can get passed who owns us and can enjoy whatever happens next. I dare not say success, just a club that tries.

Everybody wants rid of Ashley, I don't think anybody has said differently. It's like getting rid of cancer and getting AIDS

Not a great metaphor. It’s more like having cancer and getting the best treatment, paid by Nazis.

I don't think there was an overriding forum opinion like, aside from hating Ashley it's nearly always split innit. I know I didn't want Man City to beat Liverpool to the title.

And like I said earlier, it’s stupid comments on both sides that make the whole thing just a big pile of s**** and not needed. Like that Yemen kid comment. He never got called out for it though, even though it was lifting.

I mean that's completely out of context. The bloke was basically saying he doesn't care about how it's done, he's got to 69 and he wants to win a trophy. What's the problem with highlighting that there are more important things going on than Newcastle not winning a trophy?

If it was not an Nufc forum i would probably say fine, good point or whatever.

But it is

Guest reefatoon

Well the people opposed to the deal are in the minority, as you say, so I'm not sure why it wasn't.

Which is the best way to deal with ridiculous points like that. Instead of jumping in all the time and keeping the same shit argument going and going. Things could be decent discussion wise if the ridiculous comments were just left/ignored and not jumped upon.

Not a great metaphor. It’s more like having cancer and getting the best treatment, paid by Nazis.

:lol: Treatment that also brainwashes you into defending the Nazis

Guest Butcher

Absolute aids this place like.

:thup: The amount of unbelievably thick people on the forum has been growing and growing for a while, but this whole thing was obviously cat nip for them.

Yet you’re the one winning Worst Poster of the Year award every year.

:lol: Treatment that also brainwashes you into defending the Nazis

I’ll never do that, believe me.

Guest reefatoon

Because it was a cheap throwaway comment to try and come across the better person, not to highlight anything. You are a much better poster than that Triggs.

That's not what it is though. [emoji38] It's not because the opinions are different, it's because they're seen as being stupid.

Because it was a cheap throwaway comment to try and come across the better person, not to highlight anything. You are a much better poster than that Triggs.

Maybe I shouldn't have said it, I remember I was debating it at the time. I just found his attitude a bit annoying, trying to make out like its the worst thing in the world not to win a trophy. Maybe I picked it up wrong though