Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

I believe that the world is heading towards some kind of global enlightenment. A world where we all live in peace, harmony and equilibrium. Nations and communities will diverge from that path and are all heading there at different speeds and it will take years to reach that point, it won’t happen in my lifetime. Technology and resources are constant disruptors.

We must remember that despite being in the top 15% of progresses countries towards that end goal we were once an incredibly backwards, warmongering, brutal country ostracised by most of the world.

How did that change? Resources and technologies we possessed in the Victorian era which made other countries want to deal with us far more, and slowly and surely we changed.

Yes Saudi Arabia are backwards and done bad things recently, but to enlighten and grow they need to be able to engage with and work with other countries, not be shut out in entirety.

Ultimately progress will slow and more people will die in the future of mankind if the Saudis are not accepted as owners and welcomed into our society

How many countries have we invaded / bombed in the last 50 years ?

You can’t say to a country that you aren’t going to deal with it unless they are good for a number of years. It just doesn’t work. Trade is a path to peace

I love all the people who seem to be looking for hidden agenda's etc with Khasoggi's widow. Maybe they murdered the love of her life and she wants to f*** over Saudi Arabia as much as possible? Disagree with her as much as you like feels a fairly understandable and honest motivation to be honest.

There are very obvious hidden agendas though. This woman is no-more a freedom fighter than Richard Keys in this case - A high profile name who is being paid to defend Qatar's interests. Even leaving aside the fact that she's met "the love of her life" - a 60-year old guy with three previous marriages - less than 10 times. They've known each other for 5 months, the first 3 of which they only chatted.

The moralists on here should rest easy though - her Qatari overlords dwarf Saudi Arabia in any way imaginable and I have little doubt that their influence will stop this takeover, so that we can continue with our honourable lives under Ashley's ownership.

Wow. What a truly awful post.

While it does seem massively suspect that there’s American buyers waiting in the wings and that they’ve only shown themselves now, Winter is highly respectable so there must be some truth in it. He doesn’t bullshit

Why they waiting in the wings though? If they really wanted to buy the club, then they have had more than enough time to do so well before now

I agree mate, I’m just saying Winter is well reputed, I doubt it’s complete bollocks

Winter is well respected and actually speaks very well about us. I don’t doubt he’s been told

of interest, however that’s far from negotiating a sale with Ashley.

I would park any thoughts of other interest until we get a conclusion to this bid.

I would seriously then even doubt many of us would have the stomach for another drawn out takeover. This feels like all or nothing for many of us.

Totally agree with that too

I believe that the world is heading towards some kind of global enlightenment. A world where we all live in peace, harmony and equilibrium. Nations and communities will diverge from that path and are all heading there at different speeds and it will take years to reach that point, it won’t happen in my lifetime. Technology and resources are constant disruptors.

We must remember that despite being in the top 15% of progresses countries towards that end goal we were once an incredibly backwards, warmongering, brutal country ostracised by most of the world.

How did that change? Resources and technologies we possessed in the Victorian era which made other countries want to deal with us far more, and slowly and surely we changed.

Yes Saudi Arabia are backwards and done bad things recently, but to enlighten and grow they need to be able to engage with and work with other countries, not be shut out in entirety.

Ultimately progress will slow and more people will die in the future of mankind if the Saudis are not accepted as owners and welcomed into our society

It is so very true that 'ostracising' a country - as many of the people who dislike the Saudi Government keep on advocating, by wanting our takeover stopped - you make things for that country, the people of that country, for the world in general, SO MUCH WORSE.

I wish people would work that out for themselves and stop doing it and saying it.

We must, must, must, work with Governments and countries like that, to bring them (eventually) into the fold of civilised countries.

We must do that.

I love all the people who seem to be looking for hidden agenda's etc with Khasoggi's widow. Maybe they murdered the love of her life and she wants to fuck over Saudi Arabia as much as possible? Disagree with her as much as you like feels a fairly understandable and honest motivation to be honest.

There are very obvious hidden agendas though. This woman is no-more a freedom fighter than Richard Keys in this case - A high profile name who is being paid to defend Qatar's interests. Even leaving aside the fact that she's met "the love of her life" - a 60-year old guy with three previous marriages - less than 10 times. They've known each other for 5 months, the first 3 of which they only chatted.

The moralists on here should rest easy though - her Qatari overlords dwarf Saudi Arabia in any way imaginable and I have little doubt that their influence will stop this takeover, so that we can continue with our honourable lives under Ashley's ownership.

You sound like those Saudi troll accounts on Twitter :lol: Well done.

I love all the people who seem to be looking for hidden agenda's etc with Khasoggi's widow. Maybe they murdered the love of her life and she wants to fuck over Saudi Arabia as much as possible? Disagree with her as much as you like feels a fairly understandable and honest motivation to be honest.

You sound like those Saudi troll accounts on Twitter :lol: Well done.

I'm not defending Saudi Arabia.

This takeover is bringing out the absolute worst in people like  :lol:

I try to check this thread once a day (or a couple of times max)... every day it's the same few voices shitting themselves about the tiniest little snippet from any journalist going, a few more voices dismissing the takeover due to human rights abuses (trying to display their moral superiority over the forum), and a few more voices falling over themselves to dismiss the views of people with genuine concerns (proving that sportswashing does work, and we haven't even been bought yet).

Is it not possible for anyone to just remain level headed about the whole thing? What will be will be. Whilst at the same time having a balanced view on it. Personally, I want the takeover to happen, but I can COMPLETELY understand the reasons for the delay and wouldn't be shocked if it was rejected, nor could I argue much with the reasons.

I mean, even if I'd only been dating a girl for 5 months if someone chopped her up with a bonesaw I'd be pretty fucking upset.

Doubt that the Muslim brotherhood and Al-Thani family will donate millions to your foundation though..

I mean, even if I'd "only" been dating a girl for 5 months if someone chopped her up with a bonesaw I'd be pretty fucking upset.

Agreed, a buzz saw would be much more efficient

I mean I don't mind being labelled a 'moralist' too much in a way but for the record, as I have said in the past, I do think it is a horrible thing overall for football for clubs to be owned by sovereign states at all (and no states dont buy foreign football clubs to even just make money let alone just out of pity or something to give geordies a fun time), however that is the fault of the league and the league alone (presuming it goes through), fans do not have a say and so basically blameless and I think perfectly reasonable to be excited about investment and the football played. I don't know why suddenly people seem to think it is obligatory to unconditionally love the owners of your football club, surely the last decade should have taught us that your owners can be cunts. Only this time the owners will be cunts but hopefully great times on the pitch. Call me a hypocrite I suppose but I think there's as many hectoring moralists on the other sides demanding total purity of thought, that Qatar are the real evil and noone is allowed any slightly ambiguous feelings about it and thus must be called out as moralists themselves and enemies of the club or something.  :undecided:

Are people taking on face value that Cengiz is who she says, as there's plenty of people out there (including his own sons) who say they've literally never heard of her?

I don't know myself, but there's something not right about how she's gone after this takeover story to me, there certainly seems more to it than her being just a grieving widow.

Are people taking on face value that Cengiz is who she says, as there's plenty of people out there (including his own sons) who say they've literally never heard of her?

I don't know myself, but there's something not right about how she's gone after this takeover story to me, there certainly seems more to it than her being just a grieving widow.

His sons can't really say anything if they want to continue living in SA. They have also reportedly severed their ties with their father years ago..

Thank you. I've been saying this privately since her first broadcast. Neither she, nor Kashogi (spelling?) are as white as painted. Doesn't dispute the horrendous murder, but it played in Qatars hands at a time they needed it. 100% they are behind this and are running scared that SA will be supreme and also take their sports TV rights away with them.

JK was going to the embassy directly for the purposes of marrying her, before this very public takeover and the sons still live in SA unless I’m wrong? They may be truthful but I don’t trust what comes out of SA anymore than I do Qatar. They’ve supported her because it suits their agenda. Doesn’t mean her own motivations are wrong or she’s wrong to take advantage - if she’s who she claims to be I’d do exactly the same. Those in outright defence of PIF/SA/MBS are few in number here but it’s the very essence of ‘sportswashing’ if that’s what PIF/SA are aiming for. I’m trying not to be too partisan in all this as it’s complex as fuck. Really hate that this is what football is becoming.

Aye, "long-term interest" in the club apparently, had 13 years to buy it, now they're ready to come in just as another consortium is due to complete the takeover, along with no details whatsoever about the groups / main figures involved. How utterly convenient.

Imagine actually believing this  :lol:

Just a little chink about it might be because Ashley has to sell, as he's losing money in all his other businesses, maybe ?

I don't think he ever really wanted to sell before the pandemic, as he was making too much money of us, maybe there was interest but they knew he would just muck them about.

Or as you say, How utterly convenient  :lol:

Isn't the club the one thing he's guaranteed an income from? Obviously, not guaranteed at this point, We still might not even get to the end of this season, if the virus peaks again.

The more this drags on the worse it gets.

You have folk in the dark about their season ticket money, the club in limbo, it needs to end now. Either there is just legal ground to reject it or not.

I'm sure there is legal ground to reject, but there are economical reasons as to why they don't want to.

JK was going to the embassy directly for the purposes of marrying her, before this very public takeover and the sons still live in SA unless I’m wrong? They may be truthful but I don’t trust what comes out of SA anymore than I do Qatar. They’ve supported her because it suits their agenda. Doesn’t mean her own motivations are wrong or she’s wrong to take advantage - if she’s who she claims to be I’d do exactly the same. Those in outright defence of PIF/SA/MBS are few in number here but it’s the very essence of ‘sportswashing’ if that’s what PIF/SA are aiming for. I’m trying not to be too partisan in all this as it’s complex as fuck. Really hate that this is what football is becoming.

As I said earlier, irrespective of all this, it remains true that 'ostracising' a country - as many of the people who dislike the Saudi Government keep on advocating, by wanting our takeover stopped - you make things for that country, the people of that country, for the world in general, SO MUCH WORSE.

I wish people would work that out for themselves and stop doing it and saying it.

We must, must, must, work with Governments and countries like that, to bring them (eventually) into the fold of civilised countries.

We must do that.

I couldn't give a toss if there are other interested parties or not. It's this current lot or bust. No other buyer will look to invest in us as heavily as the Saudis or try to grow us as significantly on a sporting level, and any American buyer will just be a glorified version of Ashley. No thanks.

In my 35 years of supprting NUFC I have always believed we could be an elite club with the right people running it. I believe that those exact people have now finally turned up. If the PL reject this proposal from them then that's me done with football. With the way the game is now, no other other owner would bring with them the total committment to ensure that NUFC fulfills it's potential. If that now makes me a glory supporter then I am ok with that. I have done my time watching unambitious and parasitic owners dismantle this club and actively try to work against its potential.  I have no more time or energy to follow the events of another takeover farce if this one falls through.

I couldn't give a fuck about the human rights angle either. I don't care where Saudi Arabia are as a country in terms of human rights, where they have been or where they are going. I just want their money for us as a club and the investment they will bring to our city. That's not to say I don't care about human rights. I do. And if their relationship with NUFC improves their development as a country and makes them more civilised then great, but I wouldn't lose a second of sleep if it doesnt. This is what the vast, vast majority of our fanbase will be thinking too. And if being owned by the Saudis makes us the most hated club in the country then bring it on. It won't though. At worst we will be Marmite, in the way that Man Utd are.

There is absolutely nothing to lose with this takeover going through. The club is currently dead, replaced entirely by SDFC. If this proposed regime somehow does not work out the way we hope and it ends in disaster then we will have lost nothing as the alternative would have been obscurity and an inevitable third relegation under Ashley.

I dont know what's worse, those that are attacking the fiance or the hand wringers

Look at it like this, your only child is marrying someone you dont like, all the protesting and moralising is going to do nothing but make things worse.  The best you can do is try and make it work....... if they ever get married that is

Saudi haven’t done anything worse than what most other nations have done historically, they were just stupid enough to get caught in the act where Khashoggi was concerned.

The number of countries who have murdered journalists is quite short - and the list of those who have dismembered journalists shorter still. Let's not p*ss on our legs and say it's raining.

I’d argue that the 2007 video that Wikileaks put out of the Americans killing several journalists and civilians and laughing about it was equally as chilling.

The USA and the UK for that matter have far more blood on their hands than Saudi do overall. So let’s not sit up on some moral high horse.

I’m not saying we should condone any of it by the way, we shouldn’t, but if you’re going to criticise one nation right now you should also be able to turn that  magnifying glass on others too.

Are any of those countries buying the club or what has this got to do with anything? I doubt many would want Trump owning us.

So does your moral conscience only kick in when it’s related to Newcastle United?

I personally don’t care who own the club as long as the right manager is in place and the club is showing ambition. Besides, we don’t get a choice in this.