Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Already been discussed on here a few times

If they where being viewed as separate, would this not have been passed long ago.

Well it’s a recent legal opinion released in June, I’m sure that PL lawyers are looking at these issues especially any knock back could end up in Court.

One thing I don’t understand is all the excitement from the journalists that this is being released at 3, the premier league has had the draft report for weeks already.

Supposedly Qatar sent them a copy of it, or their lawyers sent them a document containing parts of the report (the bits they wanted the PL to be influenced by perhaps) - no way of knowing.

It’s supposed to be a confidential report with only the interested parties being privy to. The PL are not an interested party as far goes the complaint (even though it does relate to their product)

So I would imagine the PL have been waiting for the full report (from the source) to be released so their lawyers can pour over it.

Let’s just speculate that Qatar have shown them a reason to block the takeover, so now they’ll be looking through it for a reason to pass it?

ur getting insufferable now, spewing the same drivel every day,u seem the type who would say i told u so, and gloat over a rejection..there will be no sign of u here when it goes through , same as that other serial poster penn

"spewing the same drivel" = linking and referring to actual clauses of the owner and directors' test, relating that to the personnel involved in PIF, and saying there'll be problems. Which I've said from day 1, and oh look, there's now problems.

Just because you don't want to believe there are problems, and that this will therefore likely fail, doesn't mean that my posts are drivel. Especially as the things I've said look like they might well happen. Sorry for not toeing the "mindless optimism" line and just spending my time writing "CANS!" and speculating on what players we'll buy with our billions whilst shouting that PIF and SA are separate so this can't possibly fail. I didn't realise that was the only thing anyone was allowed to post in here, sorry.

I've said repeatedly I'll be delighted to be wrong. I'm not saying the test WILL fail, I'm saying I EXPECT it to fail based on my understanding of the PL's Owner and directors' test. It might still pass, and I sincerely hope it does. I'll be posting on here if it does pass, of course I will. Why wouldn't I? And I certainly won't be gloating if I'm correct and the test fails because as a fan I'll be as gutted as anyone.

And with that I'm done. I'll just read from now until there's a decision one way or the other, this has taken enough of my life over the past 3 months and like everyone I'm utterly exhausted by it.

It was when you came on and posted " this has zero , absolute zero chance of going through " as if you know :lol:.I  on the other hand know nothing which is not common knowledge and im more than confident of this being a green light within a few days.

I appologise for getting uppety but there it is.

ur getting insufferable now, spewing the same drivel every day,u seem the type who would say i told u so, and gloat over a rejection..there will be no sign of u here when it goes through , same as that other serial poster penn

"spewing the same drivel" = linking and referring to actual clauses of the owner and directors' test, relating that to the personnel involved in PIF, and saying there'll be problems. Which I've said from day 1, and oh look, there's now problems.

Just because you don't want to believe there are problems, and that this will therefore likely fail, doesn't mean that my posts are drivel. Especially as the things I've said look like they might well happen. Sorry for not toeing the "mindless optimism" line and just spending my time writing "CANS!" and speculating on what players we'll buy with our billions whilst shouting that PIF and SA are separate so this can't possibly fail. I didn't realise that was the only thing anyone was allowed to post in here, sorry.

I've said repeatedly I'll be delighted to be wrong. I'm not saying the test WILL fail, I'm saying I EXPECT it to fail based on my understanding of the PL's Owner and directors' test. It might still pass, and I sincerely hope it does. I'll be posting on here if it does pass, of course I will. Why wouldn't I? And I certainly won't be gloating if I'm correct and the test fails because as a fan I'll be as gutted as anyone.

And with that I'm done. I'll just read from now until there's a decision one way or the other, this has taken enough of my life over the past 3 months and like everyone I'm utterly exhausted by it.

It was when you came on and posted " this has zero , absolute zero chance of going through " as if you know :lol:.I  on the other hand know nothing which is not common knowledge and im more than confident of this being a green light within a few days.

I appologise for getting uppety but there it is.

If sentences were converted into Football Manager formations.

Anyone ever stopped to consider that all these Journo's info are coming from Qatar? Clearly the case with the mistake of Dennis.

They're coming out and saying its doomsday but its from the most biased source there is. Maybe they need to generate pressure as the actual report won't be enough.

Reports here in the Gulf are saying that Saudi, UAE and Bahrain are  about to start negotiations with the UK to sign free trade agreements between the countries. not sure how that works with regards to this but surely turning down our bid will affect the negotiations negatively one way or another.

If that is the deleted BBC tweet then the wording is more worrying as very specific for it to be a simple mistake.

It says NUFC would be taken over by KSA, I think that's technically incorrect, maybe that's why it was deleted?

The agenda is obv not against NUFC but directly with this gulf turf war between KSA and Qatar. The fact Qatar’s media engine is so blatantly trying to influence so many reporters, journalists and maybe even officials is quite damning in its own right. As flawed as our potential new owner is - Qatar trying to paint this picture they are some innocent bystander in all of this is ridiculous. Quite frankly if the PL said No to PIF because of the KSA human rights record I’d be fine with that decision. But piracy in a world where it’s rampant and the main opposition to it in this takeover’s case is KSA’s  biggest rival smells like pure trash to me. Of course it’s us the fans and our club that has to suffer. We can never get a break can we? Jeez.

In any case, I’m still hopeful that this deal gets done. Truthfully I hope PIF aim all their efforts at building a team to beat PSG in Europe and I’ll happily root against that shady prick of their owner. He’s one who acts like his shit don’t stink either.

Guest godzilla

If that is the deleted BBC tweet then the wording is more worrying as very specific for it to be a simple mistake.

That's the Qatari statement.

Maybe, but he used the words The WTO Report so basically stating total bullshit and that's why he took it down.

The agenda is obv not against NUFC but directly with this gulf turf war between KSA and Qatar. The fact Qatar’s media engine is so blatantly trying to influence so many reporters, journalists and maybe even officials is quite damning in its own right. As flawed as our potential new owner is - Qatar trying to paint this picture they are some innocent bystander in all of this is ridiculous. Quite frankly if the PL said No to PIF because of the KSA human rights record I’d be fine with that decision. But piracy in a world where it’s rampant and the main opposition to it in this takeover’s case is KSA’s  biggest rival smells like pure trash to me. Of course it’s us the fans and our club that has to suffer. We can never get a break can we? Jeez.

In any case, I’m still hopeful that this deal gets done. Truthfully I hope PIF aim all their efforts at building a team to beat PSG in Europe and I’ll happily root against that shady prick of their owner. He’s one who acts like his shit don’t stink either.

Well obviously the main opposition to the piracy is from the country that they are stealing from :lol:

The PSG comment is just grim IMO, support the new regime all you want and want the club to do as well as possible but when you start saying things like that its like you're supporting Saudi Arabia in their battle against Qatar rather than Newcastle United.

Well obviously the main opposition to the piracy is from the country that they are stealing from :lol:

The PSG comment is just grim IMO, support the new regime all you want and want the club to do as well as possible but when you start saying things like that its like you're supporting Saudi Arabia in their battle against Qatar rather than Newcastle United.

Don’t twist my words around to fit your agenda my friend. I’ve never done that to you and ask you show similar respect. “Grim” ffs.

Don’t twist my words around to fit your agenda my friend. I’ve never done that to you and ask you show similar respect. “Grim” ffs.

How did I twist your words? You wrote them :lol:

You literally took my comment and said “it sounds like” inferring your opinion. In no way did I ever write what you did. Nor was inferring it.

"But piracy in a world where its rampant and the main opposition to it in this takeover's case is KSA's biggest rival smells like pure trash to me"

"I hope PIF focus all their efforts at building a team to beat PSG in Europe"

You literally wrote those sentences, I wasn't inferring anything

The guy's frustration is perfectly understandable and I share it. While the piracy scandal gives the PL a perfectly good reason to reject the takeover, you just know that Nasser Al-Khelaifi has greased some palms. It would be out of character for him, if he hasn't.

And why do you continually insist that NUFC fans of all people should remain unbiased and critical on political issues that don't concern them? I don't even feel the need to be objective, concerning Saudi Arabia - I already "support" them, if the alternative for the region is more Iranian and Russian influence.