Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

I've wondered, given the proximity of her home, if she's got some personal affection for the club, either through a family connection or something else. I'm quite certain that brokering deals for the world's largest sovereign wealth fund has absolutely nowt to do with football fandom, but perhaps the fact that she wants to be on the board would suggest a personal edge to the proceedings? Plus the fact she's just kept coming back and back and back despite being told to f*** off and publicly embarrassed. Either way, you just get a good feeling from her; I'm excited at the prospect of her being involved because of her track record, her persistence and - like I say - the hint that she might personally really fancy it.

I've wondered this too. Then again, anyone with sense can see the potential of a club like Newastle or Leeds. It's only people like Merson and Gorilla Digits who think we should never be able to compete with Southampton.

If your computer doesn’t crash first.

:lol: :lol:

I've got a quadcore CPU and 16gb of RAM and that site makes the fans go into turbo.

Just get an adblocker. Not only does it make the website readable, but it deprives them off revenue too.

I would add that I'm in favour of NOT depriving worthwhile sites of ad revenue, but the chronicle deserve nothing for the way they've reported on Newcastle and Ashley over the last 13 years and I'd not lose a moment's sleep if they folded. It's a shame because going to town on Ashley would surely be such an open goal for them if they wanted to take the shot, yet they've spent over a decade impersonating Ronnie Rosenthal. Fuck them.

Guest neesy111

I've got a quadcore CPU and 16gb of RAM and that site makes the fans go into turbo.

Just get an adblocker. Not only does it make the website readable, but it deprives them off revenue too.

I would add that I'm in favour of NOT depriving worthwhile sites of ad revenue, but the chronicle deserve nothing for the way they've reported on Newcastle and Ashley over the last 13 years and I'd not lose a moment's sleep if they folded. It's a shame because going to town on Ashley would surely be such an open goal for them if they wanted to take the shot, yet they've spent over a decade impersonating Ronnie Rosenthal. Fuck them.

I don't like adblockers, websites need revenue.

Longing for the day this thread title starts with 'OFFICIAL:.....'

Make sure it says - OFFICIAL: NEWCASTLE UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB SOLD FOR £300M and not OFFICIAL: MIKE ASHLEY.......fill in the blanks yourseleves

I love the negative shite coming out now, the same miserable shits who try to tell a different story just to be relevant.

You can feel the jealously and envy pouring out of their very being.

I haven't read Martin Samuel's piece, but I already know his will be one of the most negative. He has always hated us with a passion. I will never derive more satisfaction than that period where he slaughtered us for wanting rid of Fat Sam and then he was made manager of his beloved West Ham.  :mackems:

I agree 100%, and I don't use one for the vast majority of sites.

I switch it on when clicking Chronicle links because their website is utter eye-AIDS and because they're a bunch of patsies who don't deserve a single penny whilst they continue the line they've trod. I've always sworn to myself that if they started behaving like a proper newspaper, I'd take off the adblocker, but they haven't and now it's too late.

Thing is, I reckon once (if) the sale goes through, we'll see some revisionism from them where they act as if they hated Ashley all along. It's going to be quite galling to read. They'll probably do far more investigative journalism into his running of the club in the 6 months after he leaves than they've done in the 13 years he's been here, and that to me will be so damning.

Again, fuck them. Horrible, spineless bastards. Their behaviour over Ashley has been tantamount to a dereliction of their journalistic duty.

I love the negative shite coming out now, the same miserable shits who try to tell a different story just to be relevant.

You can feel the jealously and envy pouring out of their very being.

I haven't read Martin Samuel's piece, but I already know his will be one of the most negative. He has always hated us with a passion. I will never derive more satisfaction than that period where he slaughtered us for wanting rid of Fat Sam and then he was made manager of his beloved West Ham.  :mackems:

Aye Samuel is just a fat hairy jealous oaf, I'm just loving his bitterness  :lol:

And that revenue comes from where ? Which leads to who paying for it ? Plus its a fucking irritant.

My only concern in this whole piece of excellent news is that if I am correct and please correct me if i am wrong...

I'm sure that MBS in recent weeks/months did acknowledge in some way to 'taking responsibility' to the killing of the Journalist Khashoggi.

Perhaps the Premier league would not be too happy about that in the fit and proper test?

My only concern in this whole piece of excellent news is that if I am correct and please correct me if i am wrong...

I'm sure that MBS in recent weeks/months did acknowledge in some way to 'taking responsibility' to the killing of the Journalist Khashoggi.

Perhaps the Premier league would not be too happy about that in the fit and proper test?

I think the piracy issue would be more concerning. Still quietly confident it will be signed off.

Will they change the name of the stadium for revenue? How would people feel about it if they did?

To me, it'll always be St James' Park and that's what I'll always refer to it as. I'd massively prefer them NOT to change the stadium name, and all things being equal that's what I'd always want.

But I admit I can be bought. If my choices are:

A) Watch Newcastle scrap around 17th with Steve Bruce as manager at St James' Park

B) Watch Newcastle win lift the Premier League title at the Prince MBS Arena

Then I, for one, welcome our new Saudi Arabian overlords.

Someone put the document up for the premier league test online the other day, basically there is no way they can fail it and I’m pretty sure the potential owners will have already checked this out

I'm sure that if you can afford to buy a painting for 300m to have in your 450m yacht then you can afford decent lawyers and advisors to check these things up before you waste your time :lol:

They tried to buy Liverpool or Man Utd but the current owners didin't want to sell, understandable but fortunate for us.

Will they change the name of the stadium for revenue? How would people feel about it if they did?

I can't imagine anyone watched Mike Ashley fuck around with Sports Direct Arena and thought "We should do that".

Renaming a brand new stadium as an excuse to funnel sponsorship money in is different from messing around with the name St James Park. Hopefully, these are the sorts of things where Staveley and the Ruebens offer local wisdom.

I think the piracy issue would be more concerning. Still quietly confident it will be signed off.

If it is in fact with the premier league, they won't give a fuck aboot either of those things.

Unless the UK government declare them as criminals and ban them from owning a UK business because of that then it wouldn't even be considered in the test.