Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

I think this has been carefully worded. Previously these deals would be announced as shirt sponsor, this just says primary partner. It may well be if the Saudis take over that over time fun 88 are demoted to training kit/sleeve sponsor.

The picture says ”Official shirt sponsor”

Means nothing in relation to the takeover, especially if it was signed a while back. When the new owners come in and if they want new sponsors they will just buy them out, same with Puma. It happens all the time to deals now.

A lot of the recent events do seem to point towards the takeover being rejected unfortunately. Prove us wrong PL.

Like what?

Saudi banning beIN. PL not making a statement about it. PL still dwelling on the decision despite Masters saying a decision was expected shortly.

In all of this, only the buyers are confident.

A lot of the recent events do seem to point towards the takeover being rejected unfortunately. Prove us wrong PL.

Like what?

Saudi banning beIN. PL not making a statement about it. PL still dwelling on the decision despite Masters saying a decision was expected shortly.

He didn't.

Guest The Little Waster

Get ready for more Ashley Bruce , sub 30 000 crowds and relegation next season

Like what?

He didn't.

Ok i'll reword that. Masters said he would like the process to conclude shortly.

Baring in mind the owner of NUFC will not come out and confirm there is no takeover - knowing what he is and that he is toxic to the club and that his staying will naturally be a huge deterrent to fan interest - it would effect season ticket sales and boycotts. As well as providing an excuse for his assets in the media to push the narrative 'why invest when he's trying to sell' as the lack of investment continues.

The Premier League need to at least be made aware, on the record, of this fact and if there is no takeover, they need to announce it to avoid the continued conning of fans.

It would be too much to ask for them to do something about an owner that uses takeovers real and imagined to con fans and create an excuse for lack of investment so this would be an extremely modest step to show some toke care towards football fans.

Guest The Little Waster

Who knows who the f the kid is ... point is - its over surely . It was a nice dream for awhile but can't see the takeover happening now

Guest The Little Waster

No thats just a symptom .. its gone on too long for it to have a good outcome even with all the issues involved this shouldve been done before now . Unfortunately it looks like its at stalemate , maybe Masters is getting paid under the table by Qatar , who knows ?

The club has to keep running. Ashley isn't dumb, he has to make plans in case the Prenier League turn down the takeover.

People are reading into these things way too much. Bruce said himself, they're pretty much in the dark until the PL come to a decision. When that'll be, who knows.

Premier League can go and get fucked for leaving us all in the dark like this

Also all the journos credibility around this have dropped big time tbh, none of them knew anything. Literally click bait merchants. The only truth was delivered by Forbes or whoever it was that initially reported it. All the other Twitter jokers really offered nothing.

No thats just a symptom .. its gone on too long for it to have a good outcome even with all the issues involved this shouldve been done before now . Unfortunately it looks like its at stalemate , maybe Masters is getting paid under the table by Qatar , who knows ?

I see it the other way around tbh, and I'm probably more on the unlikelihood of this happening side.

Unless it has failed already (I honestly feel that would've leaked if so) then the long wait just translates to them wanting a deal to be done but with some assurances.

Who knows? I certainly don't, I sometimes wonder if the PL even know what they're doing.

Guest Butcher

We were linked with Ronaldo a few days ago. Some symptom.

Really? By who :lol:

Don Balon or summat.

I would have been more concerned if they’d announced a new sponsorship deal with a new company. This just smacks of a short extension whilst everything is sorted, and it suits all parties. The puma deal was also extended similarly, nothing to see here in my opinion.

Also we must be getting quite close to timescales for replica shirts being produced etc, the PL delaying has definitely now impacted upon plans, however particularly with the fun88 deal the details appear pretty sketchy. I’m sure they can be moved aside to a betting partner down the line, and the main shirt sponsorship can be sold on.