NUFC : Next Manager (Bruce is here forever)

Guest The Little Waster

Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?  

343 members have voted

1. 1. Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?

• Pochettino
    • Rafa

Pochettino had Spurs in 5th, 3rd, 2nd, 3rd and 4th and reached a Champions League final. If that's not enough results for you I don't know what is considering the resources at hand for the teams he was competing with. People seem to forget the players he more or less constructed and the team that was consequently built. Alderweireld, Son, Kane, Alli, Kane, Eriksen, Walker, Rose – they all improved drastically because of him, he didn't succeed because he was "lucky" to have them. It was the other way around. Look at Spurs now.

It was the same at Southampton. Between 2013 and 2017 he coached 15 players who made their England debut, that had different reasons, but he was the main, allowing for players to develop in his system and parallell coaching where they were enabled. To me that is, besides the results, the best mark a manager can have. Rafa had the same effect on many of our considerably less talented players. Longstaff, Hayden, Perez and Lascelles all improved massively under Rafa and that was because how he created an environment, the training and the playing model, where they were able to perform.

Once Rafa was gone, that was lost. Look at them this season and they look lost in comparison. With Pochettino, you'd get the same, albeit with a few different attributes.

Guest reefatoon
:lol: it’s going to take quite some time to change peoples first reaction to everything being moans and complaints. We have been doing it for 13 years on every decision, that when a class manager like Pochettino is linked, peoples first reaction is to turn your nose up.  :lol:

:lol: it’s going to take quite some time to change peoples first reaction to everything being moans and complaints. We have been doing it for 13 years on every decision, that when a class manager like Pochettino is linked, peoples first reaction is to turn your nose up.  :lol:

Only because they're offering a Jag when we know there's a Rolls in the garage.

The trophies thing would only be something to hold against him in my mind if we were a club who were near the top and trying to stay there. We're starting from a really low base and I can't think of many better than Pochettino to guide us up the table and improve us gradually over a few years. If the time comes where he has brought us as far as he can, then so be it

This is all hypothetical obviously, still wouldn't expect us to get Poch

Only Rafa fits the bill for me. Has the expertise, nous, feel for the club and determination to take on such a necessary rebuild. Poch too easily a dummy spit out manager for me (I'll admit Rafa has had his moments in his career)

But as long as Bruce goes, whoever comes in will get support and hopefully time.

Only Rafa fits the bill for me. Has the expertise, nous, feel for the club and determination to take on such a necessary rebuild. Poch too easily a dummy spit out manager for me (I'll admit Rafa has had his moments in his career)

But as long as Bruce goes, whoever comes in will get support and hopefully time.

What about Pards?

What an utterly useless comparison. That RafaFacts twitter account is operated by one of the internet's weirdest specimens.

Absolutely love Rafa and would welcome him back with open arms, but can't help but think we should be looking for a completely fresh start.

£19m a year is disgusting, especially in the current climate.

It’s a headline figure no doubt but if it’s true it doesn’t bode well for the new owners and their nouse at negotiating.

Poch is a fantastic manager man. Anyone thinking he's overrated needs a head check. He's lost domestic titles to Chelsea x2, Man City x2, and Leicester during his time at Spurs prior to getting the sack in November. His domestic cup runs have been ended basically by Chelsea and Man United in late rounds, including a Final appearance a few years ago. His European record at Spurs included last 16 (losing to Juve) and a Final loss in 17/18 and 18/19.

He develops players, has a fantastic footballing philosophy and I'm sure is hungry for his next challenge where he can build a squad without the restrictions of debt payments to cover a stadium development loan.

I've been on the Poch wagon since this debate started tbh, love his brand of football, and I'll worry about his lack of titles when we have got to the stage we actually look capable of winning them. Yes there is an emotional attachment to Rafa, not to mention huge respect for him as a coach, but might well be his contractual obligations make him too expensive to release. Assuming he would even be prepared to leave mid-contract in any case.

If not Rafa, then Poch has always been my choice, think he's everything a Newcastle manager should be. I'll bet most Spurs fans wish they could turn back time and have him back over Mourinho.

I think the Poch link could well be one of Sky's market manipulations. He'd be a fantastic appointment, but his stock is on the rise and despite having boat loads of cash, at this moment in time we're still a much smaller draw than someone like Man United.

What an utterly useless comparison. That RafaFacts twitter account is operated by one of the internet's weirdest specimens.

Absolutely love Rafa and would welcome him back with open arms, but can't help but think we should be looking for a completely fresh start.

Its surely ran by that weirdo that used to post on here and hates Eddie Howe?

£19m a year is disgusting, especially in the current climate.

It’s a headline figure no doubt but if it’s true it doesn’t bode well for the new owners and their nouse at negotiating.

Just thinking, you could buy the mackems for that.  :lol:

I've been on the Poch wagon since this debate started tbh, love his brand of football, and I'll worry about his lack of titles when we have got to the stage we actually look capable of winning them. Yes there is an emotional attachment to Rafa, not to mention huge respect for him as a coach, but might well be his contractual obligations make him too expensive to release. Assuming he would even be prepared to leave mid-contract in any case.

If not Rafa, then Poch has always been my choice, think he's everything a Newcastle manager should be. I'll bet most Spurs fans wish they could turn back time and have him back over Mourinho.

Agreed I’m 100% Rafa but poch would be great think ASM would flourish under him.

Think it’s worth just appreciating being able to have this type of conversation again