NUFC : Next Manager (Bruce is here forever)

Guest The Little Waster

Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?  

343 members have voted

1. 1. Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?

• Pochettino
    • Rafa

anyone think there may be a clause in Rafa's contract with regards to NUFC?

No. I reckon when he left, he thought chances of a takeover were dead.

I think he would come back if we paid his buyout, though.

Would new owners pay 20m for Rafa, if they could get Pochettino for nowt? I'd like them to and its certainly a nice problem to potentially have but it depends on their thinking.

Would Poch be 'free' anyway? I'm sure Spurs are paying him a fortune still?!

Would new owners pay 20m for Rafa, if they could get Pochettino for nowt? I'd like them to and its certainly a nice problem to potentially have but it depends on their thinking.

yes they are. still paying his salary every month for the rest of his long term contract. he would have to arrange a settlement with them first.

yes they are. still paying his salary every month for the rest of his long term contract. he would have to arrange a settlement with them first.

Ends 18th May. He’s free after that.

I think Poch would be great.  I understand some of the criticisms leveled at him.  But also feel they're not allowing for the Levy factor.  As I've said on here, I have a lot of match going Spurs mates and to a man, they all loved him.  Seems to think he'd be a great fit for us. 

Would still rather Rafa or Allegri, mind.  At least they are proven. 

I don't get his hype at all

Me neither, but he has plenty of fans here. Don’t know if he fulfils the whole ‘project’ thing either, like Rafa does.

I think we'll probably have a very different structure, with a sporting director coming in as well.

I think Poch would be great.  I understand some of the criticisms leveled at him.  But also feel they're not allowing for the Levy factor.  As I've said on here, I have a lot of match going Spurs mates and to a man, they all loved him.  Seems to think he'd be a great fit for us. 

Going all the way to the CL final is not an achievement?

Would be a monumental upgrade on how's the bacon. Can't grumble. Sign him up.

Pretty much my view.

Would prefer Rafa but wouldn’t be gutted if Poch we had Poch in our dugout whenever football returns.

Imagine turning your nose up at any of the linked names after watching Bruce all year man :lol:

Rafa doesn't leave contracts. If he wouldn't leave Sports Direct United early why would he walk away from Dalian after all they've given him?

I don't get his hype at all

Me neither, but he has plenty of fans here. Don’t know if he fulfils the whole ‘project’ thing either, like Rafa does.

When was Rafa finish Project? He is at best 3 year manager. At big clubs like Real Madrid and Inter he lasted months.

Going all the way to the CL final is not an achievement?

Yes, it is.  Not a trophy, though.  Unless you get participation ones like some schools dish out.

I like Poch and the football his teams play.  I'd be over the moon if we got him.  I'd just rather Allegri or Rafa.  I think they're proven winners and at this stage of their careers, better managers and arguably a safer option. 

Pochettino is as proven as anyone. Trophies isn't the best measure of success, especially as he hasn't coached a club that objectively should have won any. His improvement of Southampton and Spurs has been remarkable on individual and collective level. His preferred style is progressive and the high-intensity football that Spurs played would be good for a side that wants to establish itself at the top end. He's a wet dream and we'd be incredibly lucky to get him.