NUFC : Next Manager (Bruce is here forever)

Guest The Little Waster

Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?  

343 members have voted

1. 1. Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?

• Pochettino
    • Rafa

I can't believe how many pundits are coming out with the "Bruce deserves a chance as he's done an excellent job" bollocks!

Alan Brazil, Jamie Redknapp and Carragher all within the last hour FFS!

Utter imbeciles!

I can't brain some of our 'fans'. This bloke says we should not go back to Rafa. Reason? If you win a lottery, why would you still use go back to your old car. Yet in another tweet, backs Bruce because he has done a good job. Eh?

I can't believe how many pundits are coming out with the "Bruce deserves a chance as he's done an excellent job" bollocks!

Utter imbeciles!

They are all golf and drinking buddies.

Utter imbeciles!

They are all golf and drinking buddies.

would love to hear a proper journalist grill them further on their opinions like

what, specifically, leads you to think Steve Bruce has done anything in his career to warrant a shot at building up a club and potentially working with some exciting, world class players?  hell never mind his career the last few months will do pls

surprised at carragher tbh, can't think you'd get the same shite out of Neville but then he was at a club that was the best in the land his entire time so he'll know about winning

I can't still understand why some would still hold to the fact Rafa's style was dreadful and boring. Do they take into consideration the type of players Rafa had at his disposal? Without Rafa's boring football, we would still be stuck in the Championship or even worse, having Tyne Wear derbies in League 1.

I can't still understand why some would still hold to the fact Rafa's style was dreadful and boring. Do they take into consideration the type of players Rafa had at his disposal? Without Rafa's boring football, we would still be stuck in the Championship or even worse, having Tyne Wear derbies in League 1.

reconnected with a mate recently who doesn't want rafa and pulled the boring line ffs

also thinks he's "always at war" with the bosses :lol:

reconnected with a mate recently who doesn't want rafa and pulled the boring line ffs

Never underestimate the stupidity of people.

Never underestimate the stupidity of people.

Just hoping the new owners would be future thinking and get Rafa back. Not only because of the football side but how to redevelop the club and also intergate it with the community again. Fuck those who will moan about his boring footbal. There won't be any boring football if he gets the players he wants.

Want Rafa for 2 main reasons

1. He already knows the place. He knows the fans and most of the squad. He knows what needs to be done and where to make the improvements and it could literally take off from day 1. I also like the fact he can organise a team and squeeze every drop out of it. Being organised is not boring, it's comforting. I've always longed to see a Newcastle XI knowing exactly what they were meant to be doing and Rafa made that happen. It wasn't always pretty but I always appreciated the shape and nous behind it all. The bloke knew exactly what he wanted to do but was always limited due to the front 5 and the lack of investment in key positions. He had to make do with what he was given and largely did well imo

2. He won't just look after the squad but he'll actively look at the whole club. He'll want to modernise the training facilities, the youth teams and he'll look at building relationships with the wider community. He wants the club to be the focal point of the area and he'll work night and day to push the club as a whole entity as far as he can. He knows how significant we are and we can be and he'll drive everything in the rifht direction.

Pochettino is fucking brilliant and I respect the bloke immensely but Rafa is on another plane. Poch is the one you'd date, Rafa is the one you'd marry.

All over this.

How can you watch what he’s done re: Ashley and pull that? Staggering.

yeah i didn't even bother - the always at war thing irked the fuck out of me, as if it's just rafa booting off rather than standing up for himself in order to improve the circumstances at every single club he goes to man :anguish:

1. He already knows the place. He knows the fans and most of the squad. He knows what needs to be done and where to make the improvements and it could literally take off from day 1. I also like the fact he can organise a team and squeeze every drop out of it. Being organised is not boring, it's comforting. I've always longed to see a Newcastle XI knowing exactly what they were meant to be doing and Rafa made that happen. It wasn't always pretty but I always appreciated the shape and nous behind it all. The bloke knew exactly what he wanted to do but was always limited due to the front 5 and the lack of investment in key positions. He had to make do with what he was given and largely did well imo

2. He won't just look after the squad but he'll actively look at the whole club. He'll want to modernise the training facilities, the youth teams and he'll look at building relationships with the wider community. He wants the club to be the focal point of the area and he'll work night and day to push the club as a whole entity as far as he can. He knows how significant we are and we can be and he'll drive everything in the rifht direction.

Pochettino is fucking brilliant and I respect the bloke immensely but Rafa is on another plane. Poch is the one you'd date, Rafa is the one you'd marry.

All over this.

It's an exceptional post.

midds[/member]  :icon_salut:

yeah i didn't even bother - the always at war thing irked the fuck out of me, as if it's just rafa booting off rather than standing up for himself in order to improve the circumstances at every single club he goes to man :anguish:

Speaks of a wider problem of people happy to follow PR party lines.

Speaks of a wider problem of people happy to follow PR party lines.

exactly, it's another reason i want him back here with the full backing of a competent ownership and some money...i'm firmly of the belief he's good enough to win the lot but has never been lucky enough to get the owners that the likes of pep, mourinho & klopp have had in their time

All over this.

Agreed, but there's a third reason for me and it's pure sentiment. Simply: I absolutely love the bloke. You want to feel connected to the club again, he would definitely enable that.

All over this.

Midds is spot on with everything he says there. I love the idea of him doing all that but also with the option to actually buy proper players to suit a system he wants. Not simply make do.

I don't quite get the hype around Poch either. Not when we can have Rafa.

Aside from their abilities as managers, Poch would only be here for the money/glamour. Rafa wanted to be here when we were shit. He also already has a plan for the whole club.

It's an absolute no-brainer.

But we don't even know if we can have Rafa, that's where the complication lies. Would he leave mid-contract? Would we really be prepared to pay £20m to buy him out of his current one? Until I know the definitive answer, I am going to be looking at realistic alternatives as well.

Although I would love to have Rafa back IF it's on the table. Still very intrigued to see what he could do with a full budget to work with.

Agreed, if we talk about other managers it's on the proviso we can't have Rafa  O0