NUFC : Next Manager (Bruce is here forever)

Guest The Little Waster

Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?  

343 members have voted

1. 1. Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?

• Pochettino
    • Rafa

Guest reefatoon

It’s not a bad list either way. Least it isn’t working the way down the list to a Steve fucking Bruce.

Guest Howaythetoon

Rafa would make the most obvious and perfect sense.

He really would, but I've got to say, I'm becoming more open to all the managers we've been linked with so far. I haven't felt that way since Sir Bobby got sacked.

Souness incoming  :scared:

Not sure how to compare these names to say: Carver, Pardew, Bruce, Kinnear and so on :lol:

I want us to do some mad super villain shit where we combine them to make some ultimate final boss manager.

Didn’t sit well with me that he was already waiting to return to Spurs for unfinished business. Rafa with a decent budget would be the sensible choice. Other two would be a gamble.

Didn’t sit well with me that he was already waiting to return to Spurs for unfinished business. Rafa with a decent budget would be the sensible choice. Other two would be a gamble.

That's the Rafa piece. This would likely be his end game (other than perhaps Spain) no jumping on better offers.

Pochettino would quickly fall in love with the place here though and likely build up a similar connection to the fan base to change his mind!

Attacking football vs emotional Rafa connection.

Poch just never felt he got the right go at Spurs job because the stadium development ultimately hurt his ability to re-tool the squad. He had a strong affinity to the club and the fans and I'm actually a fan of managers who hold their old clubs in that type of regard.

Not sure how to compare these names to say: Carver, Pardew, Bruce, Kinnear and so on :lol:

Carver - Best Manager in the Premier League!

Pardew - The King

Bruce - he’s a Geordie ya knaa

Kinnear - Fuck Off

Pochettino would quickly fall in love with the place here though and likely build up a similar connection to the fan base to change his mind!

He's already experienced what SJP can be like at it's best when we beat Spurs 5-1.

Guest chopey

I think I can remember his Southampton team giving Pardews lads a good seeing to at St James

Thought the same myself when I heard that interview. Think I’d go 1Rafa 2naagelsmann 3Allegri 4Poch be delighted with any like. Be mint if we could get Luis Campos involved too.

Naagelsmann better than Poch  ;D 

No one can fit the way Newcastle should play more than Poch.

If we want to build slow Rafa would be ideal but the way we want this instantly means Poch fits the bill!

Pochettino has lots of things that fit for most of us and lots ahead of everyone other than Rafa.

- Style of football we all want

- Premier League experience and knowledge

- Links to great players and a pull for players

- Focus on promoting youth

- Focus on developing players of all ages

- Likability - Loved by fans, liked and respected by players. Although shares a trait with Rafa in pushing players to their limits. Some haven't liked that!

- Forward thinking

I still have question marks about his X-factor when it counts in big games that matter. Happy to go along with those saying it was a lack of backing though.

One of the things I loved about Rafa returning was his vision of building the club from the ground up. Pochettino has however also been a huge part of the Spurs rebuild off the pitch including the players lodge by the training ground.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/oct/18/tottenham-maurico-pochettino-input-spurs-manager-real-madrid

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5773095/Inside-Tottenhams-luxurious-new-player-accommodation-lodge-situated-training-ground.html

I have actually found myself now swaying towards a fresh start and Pochettino over Rafa. I feel dirty saying that though. We might not be the end game for Pochettino with dreams of Real Madrid/Barca etc. but he will have to be succesful and win us something here to be considered for bigger jobs. Win win either way.

I’d be happy with either Rafa or Pochettino to be honest much in line with the comments directly above. Both would be equally exciting for different reasons. I probably lean slightly towards Rafa because of his link with the people and the area already but I’m sure Pochettino would build similar links. Assuming this takeover goes ahead it’s probably exactly the project any manager like this is looking for. Massive club all set to go with stadium and fans, just needs the investment and careful re-shaping behind the scenes.

Rafa by a mile for me - he deserves it just alone for luring Amanda to NUFC's potential never mind his magnificent qualities as a coach and how he'd love this project!

However, I'm not sure if a fresh start would be the best thing as we have an unbelievable amount of idiotic fans who keep stating his football was boring / too negative - seemingly forgetting the tools that he had on offer and the football we played from when Almiron signed!

I'd love Poch but Rafa all day for me!

Rafa by a mile for me - he deserves it just alone for luring Amanda to NUFC's potential never mind his magnificent qualities as a coach and how he'd love this project!

However, I'm not sure if a fresh start would be the best thing as we have an unbelievable amount of idiotic fans who keep stating his football was boring / too negative - seemingly forgetting the tools that he had on offer and the football we played from when Almiron signed!

If Rafa played an active part in Staveley’s second bid, then the job is his already.

In fact, if anyone other than Rafa is our next manager, it’s because Rafa didn’t fancy it.

That’s why I believe a lot of the Poch stuff is (his) agent noise

Pochettino has lots of things that fit for most of us and lots ahead of everyone other than Rafa.

- Style of football we all want

- Premier League experience and knowledge

- Links to great players and a pull for players

- Focus on promoting youth

- Focus on developing players of all ages

- Likability - Loved by fans, liked and respected by players. Although shares a trait with Rafa in pushing players to their limits. Some haven't liked that!

- Forward thinking

I still have question marks about his X-factor when it counts in big games that matter. Happy to go along with those saying it was a lack of backing though.

One of the things I loved about Rafa returning was his vision of building the club from the ground up. Pochettino has however also been a huge part of the Spurs rebuild off the pitch including the players lodge by the training ground.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/oct/18/tottenham-maurico-pochettino-input-spurs-manager-real-madrid

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5773095/Inside-Tottenhams-luxurious-new-player-accommodation-lodge-situated-training-ground.html

I have actually found myself now swaying towards a fresh start and Pochettino over Rafa. I feel dirty saying that though. We might not be the end game for Pochettino with dreams of Real Madrid/Barca etc. but he will have to be succesful and win us something here to be considered for bigger jobs. Win win either way.

Thanks for the links and your last paragraph really sums up my idea and support for Poch.

If Rafa played an active part in Staveley’s second bid, then the job is his already.

In fact, if anyone other than Rafa is our next manager, it’s because Rafa didn’t fancy it.

That’s why I believe a lot of the Poch stuff is (his) agent noise

Staveley said she is from the area and this is her father club. Saying Rafa sold it to her is playing in her intelligence.

She is Iron lady she will not sway away with feeling like you lot she will pick the future for the club not the past.