NUFC : Next Manager (Bruce is here forever)

Guest The Little Waster

Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?  

343 members have voted

1. 1. Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?

• Pochettino
    • Rafa

I think I can remember his Southampton team giving Pardews lads a good seeing to at St James

Your memory fails you. It was all Newcastle first half and we lead 1-0. Poch had rested Llanana and he came on and turned the game but ended 1-1. Earlier that year we beat them 4-2 :lol:

They spanked us 4-0 and beat us 2-0 the previous year down their place.

That 4-2 was one of those games, you struggle to think how we scored 4 goals.

We were worthy winners. It was French Day so atmosphere was buoyant. Remember wearing my Beret :lol:

Chelsea have won a shit load sacking managers constantly. And yet the line you always here is “stability”.

Chelsea have got progressively worse and their owner has lost interest so I’m not sure they are the best model really

won 15 trophies in 15 seasons so whatever they do works

Think you are being a bit shortsighted (too much masturbation), it hasn’t ended well for Chelski.

too much masturbation?

Your profile pic?

Chelsea have won a shit load sacking managers constantly. And yet the line you always here is “stability”.

Chelsea have got progressively worse and their owner has lost interest so I’m not sure they are the best model really

Think you are being a bit shortsighted (too much masturbation), it hasn’t ended well for Chelski.

too much masturbation?

Your profile pic?

that is clear advice to me. my point is can there be too much masturbation?

too much masturbation?

Your profile pic?

How has it not ended well for chelsea ?

too much masturbation?

Your profile pic?

Not ending well was probably the wrong terminology, but they aren't really the same force they were a few years ago. These days they are fighting to remain CL challengers rather than title winners outright. While they are still up there, not really sure they will have the money to keep them fighting for the top players given Abarmovich seems to have lost enthusiam for it somewhat.

too much masturbation?

Your profile pic?

Not ending well was probably the wrong terminology, but they aren't really the same force they were a few years ago. These days they are fighting to remain CL challengers rather than title winners outright. While they are still up there, not really sure they will have the money to keep them fighting for the top players given Abarmovich seems to have lost enthusiam for it somewhat.

Happy ending?

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t think anyone is turning their noses at trophies but the fact of the matter is that Chelsea invested in short term trophies whilst Citeh invested in long term transformation. Chelsea will go the way of Blackburn but Man Coty are here to stay.

That is nonsense. Chelsea have arguably the best academy in the country now, they’ve also built a brand so they can be pretty much self sufficient and don’t really need an owner to be injecting cash. No doubt Man City are here to stay but they will have some ups and downs too especially if Pep leaves.

Maybe, maybe not. My opinion is that if they hadn't been forced to rely on it due to their transfer ban, players like Mount, Odio, and possibly Abraham wouldn't be in their first team at all

Guest Carrick18

I know it's very Fiat 500, but given Benitez had us at our worst, I'd like to think he gets a stab at doing it properly.

Rafa- tried and tested. Decent record, improves us defensively, and organised the overall structure of the club and facilities. Likely to be his last job.

Nagelsmann- unknown quantity outside Germany. Seen as the new Klopp/Tuchel. Attack minded, great man manager and will also improve facilities and organisation. Works under DoF and improves young players.

Zidane- managed Real. Alienates players. Seen as cold and unengaging.

Simeone- great record. Defensively motivated and often plays 10 men behind the ball. No record of over seeing facilities.

Rafa/Nagelsmann for me without a doubt.

Aye, Rafa coming back under ambitious owners would be an absolute dream. The feeling when he arrived the first time was absolutely class, never felt as excited for years.

Love the bloke. He deserves a chance after putting up with fat cunt and his spineless cronies for 3 years.

Yep absolutely he deserves that chance. He’s my no.1 choice. I’m not totally confident it would happen though. He doesn’t break contracts.

And as for Zidane, does he even speak English well? I believe his man management is actually quite decent, the only one who might disagree is Gareth Bale and he’s pretty much Michael Owen mkII as far as I’m concerned.

He’s been known for bringing together a team of dysfunctional stars to win 3 champions leagues back to back. Tactically he sets up his teams to the strengths of the players he has. With Bale fit and playing well, they played 4-3-3.. when Isco came in to take his starting place they played more of a 4-4-2 diamond where Isco had the freedom to roam about.

He’s a good manager but he doesn’t bring anything new to the table.