NUFC : Next Manager (Bruce is here forever)

Guest The Little Waster

Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?  

343 members have voted

1. 1. Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?

• Pochettino
    • Rafa

Yep absolutely he deserves that chance. He’s my no.1 choice. I’m not totally confident it would happen though. He doesn’t break contracts.

And as for Zidane, does he even speak English well? I believe his man management is actually quite decent, the only one who might disagree is Gareth Bale and he’s pretty much Michael Owen mkII as far as I’m concerned.

He’s been known for bringing together a team of dysfunctional stars to win 3 champions leagues back to back. Tactically he sets up his teams to the strengths of the players he has. With Bale fit and playing well, they played 4-3-3.. when Isco came in to take his starting place they played more of a 4-4-2 diamond where Isco had the freedom to roam about.

He’s a good manager but he doesn’t bring anything new to the table.

Obviously he's had very good success as manager at Madrid, but for some reason I get the feeling that he's successful there because he knows Madrid's unique psyche. If you've got a Madrid god like Zidane telling you what he expects from a Madrid player, that's going to have an effect that won't work anywhere else.

And I know that leads into the OGS/Man U thing their fans have debated. But a) OGS is not Zidane in playing stature and b) Zidnae has also demonstrated some tactical and strategic prowess.

I'm curious to see how Zidane  goes at a club other than Madrid (or Juve, because he would have the same effect there), but maybe somewhere other than the Toon.

I also say that because I'm firmly Rafa > Daylight > anyone else

Aye, Rafa coming back under ambitious owners would be an absolute dream. The feeling when he arrived the first time was absolutely class, never felt as excited for years.

Love the bloke. He deserves a chance after putting up with fat cunt and his spineless cronies for 3 years.

100% this for me and for the fact that he lured Staveley to NUFC's potential!

The number of idiots on twitter / Facebook who don't want him as apparently he is only after the money / plays boring, negative football is staggering - clueless imbeciles!

Rafa- tried and tested. Decent record, improves us defensively, and organised the overall structure of the club and facilities. Likely to be his last job.

Nagelsmann- unknown quantity outside Germany. Seen as the new Klopp/Tuchel. Attack minded, great man manager and will also improve facilities and organisation. Works under DoF and improves young players.

Zidane- managed Real. Alienates players. Seen as cold and unengaging.

Simeone- great record. Defensively motivated and often plays 10 men behind the ball. No record of over seeing facilities.

Rafa/Nagelsmann for me without a doubt.

Nagelsmann is the most exciting one for me from all I've read about him, but tbh I'm not going to carp if we get any of the main ones being talked about.

Do not think Zidane would be a fit for us though, although I doubt he's even a serious consideration. Pretty sure that's just been made up.

Guest chopey

my only concern with Rafa is his defensive mind set.

If we are to become very rich -then i hope we will play an attacking and positive style of football  :smitten:

Totally agree Rondon, Perez and Almiron were brilliant at defending corners.

my only concern with Rafa is his defensive mind set.

If we are to become very rich -then i hope we will play an attacking and positive style of football  :smitten:

He plays attacking football at top clubs but smartly adapts his approach when he hasn’t got the tools to play open.

He’s the highest goal rate Real Madrid manager in the last 60 years produced their biggest goalscoring win in Champions League history(8 v 0) and their biggest La Liga win in sixty years(10 v 2)

It’s a media myth that he only plays defensive football he adapts his approach to the tools.

Rafa’s goal rate at R Madrid(2.76)

Rafa’s goal rate at Chelsea(2.06)

Rafa’s goal rate at Napoli(1.96)

Compare that with Poch’s goal rate at Spurs(1.91)

Interesting. I did not know these stats. I talked to both Real and Inter fans whom all were "far" from happy with his approach.

Chelsea was not a success either...

I really respect him and im sure he can adapt to every squad and style...maybe? 

He would be a safe pick and a good ambassador for the club.

I’m not convinced that Zidane is a top manager who will succeed wherever he goes

:facepalm: :facepalm:

This is not an unreasonable post. There are a lot of unknowns about his managerial ability

I’m not convinced that Zidane is a top manager who will succeed wherever he goes

This is not an unreasonable post. There are a lot of unknowns about his managerial ability

I totally agree with this. He took over an already winning world class team and did what was expected of him

He hasn't elevated Real Madrid beyond where they were before he joined. How can he be considered a top class manager?

Agree.

Not that he would go anywhere near a club 13th in the PL and without European football while at Real Madrid.

People need to get realistic with their picks they aren’t going to be able to get Zidane from Real Madrid to Newcastle on day one.

3 CL's back to back and his managerial ability is unknown, right.

He is a figurehead for an elite, motivated and determined playing squad at a club with some of the best infrastructure available already in place. He’s doing a very good job with what he’s got but it doesn’t mean he is a top manager who can develop players and develop a club, or tactically outwit a club with better players.

30 years ago there were these up and coming managers called Dalglish and Souness who were in similar positions to what Zidane is in today.

He is a figurehead for an elite, motivated and determined playing squad at a club with some of the best infrastructure available already in place. He’s doing a very good job with what he’s got but it doesn’t mean he is a top manager who can develop players and develop a club, or tactically outwit a club with better players.

30 years ago there were these up and coming managers called Dalglish and Souness who were in similar positions to what Zidane is in today.

Sort of agree with this, although I suspect he is probably a pretty good manager, just there will always be some doubt if he could do it with another club. He hasn't really proven himself away from Real.

When the takeover happens within the next week, we’re surely not going to allow Bruce to oversee what is effectively the start of a new season.We cannot surely let him finish the last 9 games then hire a new manager, who is then likely to have about 2 weeks to prepare for the real new season...better to appoint ASAP and allow the new manager time to sort out his own style and develop it with the players at his disposal.

When the takeover happens within the next week, we’re surely not going to allow Bruce to oversee what is effectively the start of a new season.We cannot surely let him finish the last 9 games then hire a new manager, who is then likely to have about 2 weeks to prepare for the real new season...better to appoint ASAP and allow the new manager time to sort out his own style and develop it with the players at his disposal.

Even if Bruce stays for the remainder, he won’t have any say in what’s happening other than training and putting a team out. There have been strong rumours about a Director of Football being appointed, and it’s this new employee that will develop the clubs style more than the current manager (until a new one is appointed), along with prospective new players etc

One can only hope.

There is literally no reason to keep Bruce on. To find favour with his press/pundit buddies? Does that matter? Will they really care? There is more damage to be done keeping Bruce on when they are going to bin him anyway. Get the new manager in and give him more time.

If they don't think the manager they want to bring in could safely navigate the rest of this season with where we are at then he probably isn't the right manager to bring in.