NUFC : Next Manager (Bruce is here forever)

Guest The Little Waster

Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?  

343 members have voted

1. 1. Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?

• Pochettino
    • Rafa

poch revisionism now is it?  if this lockdown goes on into june fuck knows where we'll be :lol:

It’s not revisionism at all. Everything that has been said is factually accurate. As I’ve said, I just don’t get why he’s rated so highly, and I’d be looking elsewhere if it was me.

He was the one of the first one to bring attacking football with the high press back into fashion when he took over Southampton. Klopp came afterwards iirc. I read somewhere that him and Pep were big disciples of Bielsa, who has always had a very attacking ethos. So that's the reason Poch appeals to me.

also bear in mind he was forced to downgrade certain positions at certain times, such as walker to aurier to make money for the club - he was never on a level playing field with those around him in terms of spend, consensus was always he did a great job at spurs until it went sour that last few months

furthermore he developed kane, alli & son into the players they are today

He also sold Trippier, leaving Aurier as his only ‘decent’ RB, and who wasn’t as good as Trippier in the first place...

did he "sell" trippier?  i thought the lad wanted away and they couldn't stop him

selling england's RB for £20m would be an odd move for Levy if there was nothing from the players side imo

Guest neesy111

poch revisionism now is it?  if this lockdown goes on into june fuck knows where we'll be :lol:

It’s not revisionism at all. Everything that has been said is factually accurate. As I’ve said, I just don’t get why he’s rated so highly, and I’d be looking elsewhere if it was me.

He was the one of the first one to bring attacking football with the high press back into fashion when he took over Southampton. Klopp came afterwards iirc. I read somewhere that him and Pep were big disciples of Bielsa, who has always had a very attacking ethos. So that's the reason Poch appeals to me.

also bear in mind he was forced to downgrade certain positions at certain times, such as walker to aurier to make money for the club - he was never on a level playing field with those around him in terms of spend, consensus was always he did a great job at spurs until it went sour that last few months

furthermore he developed kane, alli & son into the players they are today

He also sold Trippier, leaving Aurier as his only ‘decent’ RB, and who wasn’t as good as Trippier in the first place...

did he "sell" trippier?  i thought the lad wanted away and they couldn't stop him

selling england's RB for £20m would be an odd move for Levy if there was nothing from the players side imo

Trippier wanted to leave.

these don't exactly say he was forced out like

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/kieran-trippier-tottenham-atletico-madrid-explains-why-he-left-amazing-club

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/kieran-trippier-explains-left-tottenham-19180853

anyway that's a minor point in the overall picture, i maintain he did a very good job at spurs for a number of years...including making trippier the player he was as well  btw :lol:

I like Poch. I have a fair few mates who support Spurs and go fairly often. They all seem to universally love him and think our fans would take to him and his style.

I think I’d want Rafa or Allegri ahead of him, mind. If they were all genuinely being considered for the job.

a lot will depend on the structure they want, if they've even decided it

if they're going for a continental model of scouting and signing talent somewhat independent of the manager then no point getting rafa imo, he'll want control as we've seen and that control will doubtless include his image of rebuilding the club from the bottom up

Seriously, I’d love it if we got Bielsa :lol: His style, financially backed :drool:

I love the bloke tbh, he seems as infatuated about football as Rafa, although not sure his mad attack at all costs would be ultimately successful. But it would be a blast while it lasted. :lol:

Seriously, I’d love it if we got Bielsa :lol: His style, financially backed :drool:

I love the bloke tbh, he seems as infatuated about football as Rafa, although not sure his mad attack at all costs would be ultimately successful. But it would be a blast while it lasted. :lol:

Conceded the least amount of goals in the championship this season like. Bielsa would be my dream manager

Bielsa’s problem has always been burning his team out, but if you gave him a huge squad he could probably mitigate that. I’d have him for a season for the football

Would love to see what he could produce with enough money to build a world class squad. I've seen his Leeds a few times, and they look to be doing all the right things, but lack the quality to finish teams off. That said, I think he's a bit like Rafa, probably very loyal type to the team which fits his image, and the Leeds fans idolise him. I actually think there's more chance of getting Poch here than Bielsa.

Guest neesy111

Everytime I've seen Bielsa's leeds, they should be like 4-0 up, but have missed a lot of chances.  I think Bielsa's mellowed a bit recently, his leeds team seem well organised.

Everytime I've seen Bielsa's leeds, they should be like 4-0 up, but have missed a lot of chances.  I think Bielsa's mellowed a bit recently, his leeds team seem well organised.

They still push on possession wise, just a bit more carefully. I think he's probably realised you need quality in the final third, even at second division level in British football.

Been to see Leeds a couple of times in the last year. Both to nil wins, one scoring first and then sit back/countering and the second was overrunning and playing with no midfield as per stereotype.

If/when football resumes and Leeds make it to the PL it’ll probably be the most interesting promotion story since ourselves and Forest albeit with less results.

Been linked before but Kalvin Philips would be a low cost buy that would likely do a good job.