NUFC : Next Manager (Bruce is here forever)

Guest The Little Waster

Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?  

343 members have voted

1. 1. Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?

• Pochettino
    • Rafa

It’s not like it’s even going back for rafa, it’s still his team, there’s even a chance this season doesn’t exist.

If you were happy with Rafa last season you’ll be even more happy with him next season.

I would prefer we looked at alternatives to Rafa, I take all of the points about him having a blueprint and unfinished business etc, but i just wouldn't go back, it very rarely works.

We've fond memories of Benitez and rightly so, but i'd leave it there, personally.

Pochettino would be my first choice, I don't know enough about Allegri's style, but its obviously a very impressive CV! but Poch would be the one i'd go for.

I feel the same, I'm surprised by the current poll results.

I'm in the it's not really "going back" camp. More like picking up where he left off. He only (rightly) went because of Ashley. Now he's out of the picture time to pick it back up again.

For all the talk of "deserving a chance" and how I hate the term if it applies to one man it applies to Rafa. And he's more than qualified.

The moronic "Bruce plays better football" part of our fanbase is arguably the largest hurdle I have against getting Rafa back. Want a new era, and with that the fighting amongst our fans to be gone. Want us to all be pulling in the same direction for a change, no more People's front of Judea bullshit, and as sad as it is, getting Rafa back would probably hinder that.

Hey I like Benitez as much as the next guy, but unless agreements are already in place with him, I think they'd be mad not to go to Pochettino first. Elite clubs will be sniffing around him, no disrespect to Rafa but I think those days have probably gone for him.

I voted Rafa in the poll but as the days go by and the more I think about it Allegri is probably my top choice. The guy is a winner both with Milan and Juve, has talked about wanting to manage in England before, is an elite name in football (goes to those UEFA Elite Coaches conferences that Rafa went to) and I think Italian managers are well suited to the PL. The football would probably be better under Pochettino but given Allegri's track record of trophies, albeit in the last 9 years Juventus have pretty much dominated Serie A, is impressive.

Hey I like Benitez as much as the next guy, but unless agreements are already in place with him, I think they'd be mad not to go to Pochettino first. Elite clubs will be sniffing around him, no disrespect to Rafa but I think those days have probably gone for him.

I have said this as well, the game has moved on since Rafa was winning the European cup, him and Mourinho seem overly cautious by today's standards. I suppose the question would be, is Rafa too fixed in his methods to move with the times? Or does he think his way is still the best way?

My main reason for being happy with a Rafa return would be he would oversee everything about the club. It would be in good hands. But ambitious owners will be wanting to win titles, and they might view Rafa as yesterday's man on that score.

I get the feeling Poch would turn down another building project. He's had that at Spurs and probably feels he's earned a shot at an established top tier club.

Maybe, but I think he's never really had the chance to compete with the big boys here, the chance to stay in the Premier and compete on a level playing field with City and Man U would be pretty tempting I think.

Might sound stupid but I have a feeling that Spurs would still be due some compo for Poch hence why they're paying his salary - he's technically under contract, no?

Unless they just stop paying him maybe?

Might sound stupid but I have a feeling that Spurs would still be due some compo for Poch hence why they're paying his salary - he's technically under contract, no?

Unless they just stop paying him maybe?

I read something about Poch has to pay them if he works in England again this season.

It’s not like it’s even going back for rafa, it’s still his team, there’s even a chance this season doesn’t exist.

Absolutely, that's how I see it as well.

A lot of it is sentimental, too, admittedly. I've said a couple of times that I hope we retain some kind of 'organic' model, rather than inputting a cheat code and ending up with the default best. It would seem a bit hollow.

But I could probably live with it.