NUFC : Next Manager (Bruce is here forever)

Guest The Little Waster

Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?  

343 members have voted

1. 1. Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?

• Pochettino
    • Rafa

Not to mention he bought Sissoko for 30m....

And turned him into a far superior version of the player we saw here.

Or else he ‘turned him’ into the player he always was when we first bought him, and our own training caused him to go backwards.

Bielsa’s problem has always been burning his team out, but if you gave him a huge squad he could probably mitigate that. I’d have him for a season for the football

He doesn't like a big squad though. He has small squads partly by choice.

Tino being fed lines with the "done really well with limited resources" propaganda popping up yet again. Did well under limited resources should be the tagline of those spreading bs and finding reasons for Bruce deserving to stay.

Yeah it's "oh um a Newcastle manager question, um, what do we say in these situations, oh yeah the limited resources thing. That." Notwithstanding the fact we supposedly spend loads of money this summer.

Luciano Spalletti the latest to be linked, spuriously.

https://sportslens.com/report-luciano-spalletti-linked-with-newcastle-united-and-he-could-bring-radja-nainggolan-with-him-to-sjp/294896/

The DOF/Chief Executive rumours have links to both Allegri and Rafa, which is interesting and more than a coincidence. I think they are both front runners to take over. I don't think the Poch rumours are anything other than pundits and press speculating. Will feel stupid and sick looking back at this when Bruce is still here in September.

Spalletti is random though.

All this Nagelsmann talk - as if he'd join us :lol:

Why not? He’s long wanted a project in England, loves the league, has learnt the language, and knows that he is still learning and a young manager, hence why he’s turned down bigger jobs like Real last year.

Allegri is unemployed, whereas Nagelsmann is part of an exciting project at RB Leipzig.

As everyone says, the manager is the most important part of any team- I’m sure the (potential) new owners would happily pay for the right man to lead their project, rather than go for someone simply unemployed and then pay for transfers. Plus Rafa is also under contract and seems to be the running favourite?

Does Allegri have any weaknesses?

I’d imagine without knowing him that well the biggest. Engaging the fans. I’ve followed NUFC long enough to know it takes a certain type of person for the fans to take to their hearts and it’s the ones they have have usually proven the most successful.

Take off will only happen here if everyone is pulling in the same direction.

It’s stating the obvious or maybe not but Klopp would be more of a success here than Pep. IMO.

Why not? He’s long wanted a project in England, loves the league, has learnt the language, and knows that he is still learning and a young manager, hence why he’s turned down bigger jobs like Real last year.

It's completely deluded to think Nagelsmann would leave for us man  :lol:

It's completely deluded to think Nagelsmann would leave for us man  :lol:

Why though?

Nagelsmann:

Real Madrid called just before Leipzig landed their man on a pre-contract agreement in 2018. But it was too soon.

‘I said no to Real but it’s important to say I didn’t have a contract (offer),’ he says. ‘They wanted a meeting. I would have had two weeks to prepare, to learn Spanish. I have a lot of time. I don’t have just five years to earn all the money. I have 10 or 20 years to earn that. If you’re a manager at 50 then you don’t say no to Real. Now I can decide what is right.

‘Here, I have a chance to make mistakes and learn from them; to become a better manager. You don’t have that at the biggest clubs. If you don’t win, they won’t talk about why. They’ll fire you.’

‘Pep and Jurgen tell me that the Premier League is crazy, a hard one. In the future it is very interesting for me. It’s normal for a young guy in the Bundesliga that there is a club in England interested in you but I don’t focus on that. I have a contract for four years with no exit clause. Some day there could be a club who phones me. The big Premier League clubs will only call me if I win a title in Germany.’

Nagelsmann speaks passionately in near-flawless English about the need to trust the instincts of his attacking players. ‘Always be an entertainer,’ he says. ‘I have rules in offence but it’s all about players finding the right spaces and solutions in the right moments. We have to entertain the supporters. It’s not only about defending and “don’t concede”.

Those quotes suggest that a club like us, under the new owners, would be the perfect fit, both for us and him.