NUFC : Next Manager (Bruce is here forever)

Guest The Little Waster

Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?  

343 members have voted

1. 1. Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?

• Pochettino
    • Rafa

All this Nagelsmann talk - as if he'd join us :lol:

Why not? He’s long wanted a project in England, loves the league, has learnt the language, and knows that he is still learning and a young manager, hence why he’s turned down bigger jobs like Real last year.

It's completely deluded to think Nagelsmann would leave for us man  :lol:

Why though?

I think he’ll be at RB for at least 2 more seasons until he feels confident to make leap - RB will complete his footballing studies so to speak

All this Nagelsmann talk - as if he'd join us :lol:

Why not? He’s long wanted a project in England, loves the league, has learnt the language, and knows that he is still learning and a young manager, hence why he’s turned down bigger jobs like Real last year.

It's completely deluded to think Nagelsmann would leave for us man  :lol:

Why though?

I think he’ll be at RB for at least 2 more seasons until he feels confident to make leap - RB will complete his footballing studies so to speak

Fair enough. I feel like we could be the next step up from them in terms of pressure, fan base, funding, new experience outside his home league etc. I appreciate Leipzig are in the Red Bull conglomerate, but they’re still not one of the heavyweight teams in Germany.

Does Allegri have any weaknesses?

He can be a bit stubborn, especially away from home. If his teams are leading 0-1 against a fairly poor side with ≤30 minutes left he tends to have his side close out the game and take 0-1, which can go wrong at times. But that tends to be the case with most Italian managers tbh, catenaccio and all that. But he's probably the most elite manager out of the potential candidates.

He can be a bit stubborn, especially away from home. If his teams are leading 0-1 against a fairly poor side with ≤30 minutes left he tends to have his side close out the game and take 0-1, which can go wrong at times. But that tends to be the case with most Italian managers tbh, catenaccio and all that. But he's probably the most elite manager out of the potential candidates.

Why?

Have we actually been linked with Nagelsmann or just discussing him in here ?

Just discussing. It originally emerged as we discussed/were asked who we would like. Sadly, I haven’t seen any media links though.

Have we actually been linked with Nagelsmann or just discussing him in here ?

Just discussing. It originally emerged as we discussed/were asked who we would like. Sadly, I haven’t seen any media links though.

I don’t know much about him or his team, what style of football do they play ?

Allegri's style on the pitch seems a lot like Rafa's although he is a bit more flexible with changing systems depending on opposition. He is results first and has had his critics for being too defensive. Off the pitch he is reportedly well liked by players and different to Rafa in a man management approach. He obviously won juve fans over with trophies but had his struggles with his playing style.

I think the attraction is obviously his success and recent success in comparison to Rafa, coupled with his availability. He has been learning English in anticipation for a potential premier league opening. Manure and Arsenal were mooted destinations as where PSG where he has a good relationship with Leonardo the sporting director. It has been reported since before December and as recently as the end of March he would replace a sacked Tuchel at the end of the season.

I think the most important thing with our next manager beyond skillset is his character. We need a Keegan, a klopp a charismatic leader. Dour or reserved might work but wouldnt capitalize on the potential time to unite and mobilize our fanbase like never before, at least since King Kev. I am not sure Allegri fits that mould.

Guest Howaythetoon

Just buy out Rafa’s contract and bring him home, he has every conceivable plan to make NUFC great again from the canteen food to the medical department.

Whatever plans he had under Ashley, he would easily be able to scale them up in line with major financial backing.

If not him, Poch would be my preferred choice and no club should ever turn their nose up at a successful Italian manager, unless it’s Ranieri of course :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

Do people think the potential new owners have the manager they want already lined up ? As in held talks and ready to appoint him once they let Bruce go at the end of the season?

AS is very close to Rafa, I’m sure she would be wanting him in as her preferred choice and from what I’ve gathered she effectively sold the club to the Saudis to buy NUFC as Rafa sold it to her and like fans sold the club to Rafa to stay on before that.

Makes the most sense, but this is still NUFC after all and will always be that type of club regardless of the owner you feel.

Nagelsmann has been called the ‘mini Mourinho’ for his man management skills, although tactically, he is far more attacking (see the quote above when he mentions entertaining the fans). He works under a DOF (currently Ralf Rangnick) so I’m not sure about how that impacts on his signings, but his current team is littered with young, technically competent, international players (Werner, Upamecano, etc). He seems a little Klopp like in being forthright but also very grounded- he skateboards to work across the city for example. He implements the latest technology in training- he’s instilled a giant video screen at the training ground with multiple cameras so that he can watch, analyse and inform the players about their movements. Seems like a perfect fit for us in all honesty.

Nagelsmann has been called the ‘mini Mourinho’ for his man management skills, although tactically, he is far more attacking (see the quote above when he mentions entertaining the fans). He works under a DOF (currently Ralf Rangnick) so I’m not sure about how that impacts on his signings, but his current team is littered with young, technically competent, international players (Werner, Upamecano, etc). He seems a little Klopp like in being forthright but also very grounded- he skateboards to work across the city for example. He implements the latest technology in training- he’s instilled a giant video screen at the training ground with multiple cameras so that he can watch, analyse and inform the players about their movements. Seems like a perfect fit for us in all honesty.

Sounds like he might be waiting for a more established top team than us currently then

Guest Howaythetoon

I’m up for the club bringing in anyone like that if it’s about developing from the ground up a whole new way, providing they give such a manager the time needed. It just depends on what they want early doors I suppose. An experienced man with a more cast iron record of success or some up and coming bright new thing unproven, but with huge potential?

I’ve always fancied Zidane as a manager even before his early success with Real and would love to see him at the club one day. Years back while he was technical director of Real I think? before he become their manager whenever talk of new managers at the Toon come up, I mentioned him once or twice.

For me, Rafa is the stand out candidate all-round.

Although what’s Wor Otto up to these days?

Sounds like he might be waiting for a more established top team than us currently then

He’s turned down overtures from Real last year as he has said he’s still learning and wants to progress at ‘smaller’ teams before going to a job like that in his 50’s.

Why?

Due to the trophies he's won and that he'd still get a job at one of the top clubs. Pochettino is the same but without the trophies. Rafa, while I love him to bits, probably wouldn't get a top job now.

Allegri's style on the pitch seems a lot like Rafa's although he is a bit more flexible with changing systems depending on opposition. He is results first and has had his critics for being too defensive. Off the pitch he is reportedly well liked by players and different to Rafa in a man management approach. He obviously won juve fans over with trophies but had his struggles with his playing style.

I think the attraction is obviously his success and recent success in comparison to Rafa, coupled with his availability. He has been learning English in anticipation for a potential premier league opening. Manure and Arsenal were mooted destinations as where PSG where he has a good relationship with Leonardo the sporting director. It has been reported since before December and as recently as the end of March he would replace a sacked Tuchel at the end of the season.

I think the most important thing with our next manager beyond skillset is his character. We need a Keegan, a klopp a charismatic leader. Dour or reserved might work but wouldnt capitalize on the potential time to unite and mobilize our fanbase like never before, at least since King Kev. I am not sure Allegri fits that mould.

That’s interesting. I’ve just been reading up on him. He seems like a bit of a character, does things on the spin for example he decides his tactics when he gets out of bed in the morning, only analysis videos for a few minutes, doesn’t like too drill players too much, but prefers to coach them to find there own way out of things. He’s also been praised as you say for his tactical flexibility. Apparently he has had trouble in the past when left with a dressing room without too many leaders.

It’s Rafa for me. Setting aside the emotional aspect of having him back, it makes sense for the club to re-hire the guy who already knows the club, has most of “his” players still on the books, and has a clear vision for the future.