Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

Whitley mag[/member] manorpark[/member]

You speak with such unshakeable confidence in every post. I ask sincerely, are you close to Keith or are you privy to titbits of information that aren't public or something?

I'm one of the more optimistic people on here but I never speak with the same certainty that you do.

I can’t speak for manorpark but mine is based on everything i read and understand about the whole situation, and the odd bit of 2nd and 3rd hand info I get from time to time.

I’m sorry, I can’t let that go.

What exactly have you read that makes you so convinced that this will go ahead? And no a tweet from some guy called Harry doesn’t count.

Everything right now points to the complete opposite. Richard Masters basically said to Chi in a letter that they believe that PIF & MBS are not seperate. Jacobs has also since said that PIF use a government web address & have government staff. The US in a report state that MBS ordered the use of PIF planes in the murder of kashoggi.

That is an example of reading info and coming to a conclusion. Every single thing points to PIF & MBS not being seperate entities.

From what I read Manor Park’s only reasoning is constantly ‘omg look at who Ashley has taking his case’ from what I gather from this thread all your info comes from Keith and couple twitter itk called Harry and R E Maine, the latter who indulges himself in weird boxing related analogies. Desperate stuff

I’m 100% all for being positive if there is actual positive info but this weird doubling down delusion is too much man

Back again, winding us all up.....what’s wrong with you. Why don’t you just let us believe what we want to believe. it’s nothing to do with being positive or optimistic. After 14 years of Ashley’s tenure we’re all desperate for a change of direction. Many believe the takeover won’t/can’t happen for the many reasons outlined in the other thread. A lot of these points raised are possibly very correct, but it’s mainly opinions. If takeover doesn’t happen, and there are many who will be proven to be correct, if this is the case, we’ll be still left with more years of misery. Instead some of us cling on, blindingly in some cases , to any possible good or interesting news/tweets/hearsay etc. Call us delusional if you wish, it’s your prerogative, but constantly appearing in this thread to simply wind us up is quite frankly, Boring. I’m old enough to be able to decide what i want to believe and what i think is fairytales.

I’m not winding anyone up. I’ve gave a factually accurate response with sources and reasoned viewpoints. Others have just made jokes about manor park and Whitley mag being the same mental person yet I’m the one that’s the wind up.

Just because my view doesn’t match up with yours doesn’t mean I’m on the wind up. Get a fuckin grip

I’m not trying to argue with you...you just don’t understand the point of this thread and the reasons why we look in here for a different point of view from the other thread......

I do understand it and while as I said other people were clearly taking the piss I tried to have a reasoned discussion. Maybe I should just start taking the piss out of people as that seems more acceptable than trying to have a discussion :lol:

GDM, can I say something?

You obviously don’t think this takeover won’t happen. That is fair enough I can see why people don’t think it’s going to happen, both logically and because we are NUFC and we don’t get to win the lottery or have hope of doing so.

However people in here got chased out of the other thread for their positivity, hence creating this thread. If people want to be positive on here then let them. If you think they are just responding to others saying it’s not going to happen but just reorienting their belief that it will happen then let them. Logically the people coming here saying to them it’s not going to happen shouldn’t be in this thread and can be seen as more of a disruptive pisstake to someone saying ‘It’s happening la la la la I can’t hear you’.

People like Manor Park and Whitley Mag get a lot of stick, but they got chased out of the other thread and came here, leave them be, they are isolating their positivity in here.

For the record, I know and have met Manor Park. He is not Whitley Mag.

I didn’t chase anyone out the other thread. That shouldn’t have happened obviously. The takeover discussion should be for everyone to get their points and counter points.

I noticed Whitley mag was in the other thread having a needless dig at people who didn’t think it was going to happen. Is that acceptable?

I’m not saying you did, I’m saying they were.

No, and the point goes for him.

:thup:

The other thread is a disgrace, mind. People falling over themselves to boast that the deal was never going to happen.... apparently.

Whilst I don't want to attach myself to the other extreme, the takeover was never some ludicrous pipe dream like BZG was. It's still likely got a decent chance, we have a few solid ITKs (amongst all the noise) who believe this.

But no, those lot are competing to see who can lay the biggest smackdown.

You speak with such unshakeable confidence in every post. I ask sincerely, are you close to Keith or are you privy to titbits of information that aren't public or something?

I'm one of the more optimistic people on here but I never speak with the same certainty that you do.

I can’t speak for manorpark but mine is based on everything i read and understand about the whole situation, and the odd bit of 2nd and 3rd hand info I get from time to time.

What exactly have you read that makes you so convinced that this will go ahead? And no a tweet from some guy called Harry doesn’t count.

Everything right now points to the complete opposite. Richard Masters basically said to Chi in a letter that they believe that PIF & MBS are not seperate. Jacobs has also since said that PIF use a government web address & have government staff. The US in a report state that MBS ordered the use of PIF planes in the murder of kashoggi.

That is an example of reading info and coming to a conclusion. Every single thing points to PIF & MBS not being seperate entities.

From what I read Manor Park’s only reasoning is constantly ‘omg look at who Ashley has taking his case’ from what I gather from this thread all your info comes from Keith and couple twitter itk called Harry and R E Maine, the latter who indulges himself in weird boxing related analogies. Desperate stuff

I’m 100% all for being positive if there is actual positive info but this weird doubling down delusion is too much man

Back again, winding us all up.....what’s wrong with you. Why don’t you just let us believe what we want to believe. it’s nothing to do with being positive or optimistic. After 14 years of Ashley’s tenure we’re all desperate for a change of direction. Many believe the takeover won’t/can’t happen for the many reasons outlined in the other thread. A lot of these points raised are possibly very correct, but it’s mainly opinions. If takeover doesn’t happen, and there are many who will be proven to be correct, if this is the case, we’ll be still left with more years of misery. Instead some of us cling on, blindingly in some cases , to any possible good or interesting news/tweets/hearsay etc. Call us delusional if you wish, it’s your prerogative, but constantly appearing in this thread to simply wind us up is quite frankly, Boring. I’m old enough to be able to decide what i want to believe and what i think is fairytales.

I’m not winding anyone up. I’ve gave a factually accurate response with sources and reasoned viewpoints. Others have just made jokes about manor park and Whitley mag being the same mental person yet I’m the one that’s the wind up.

Just because my view doesn’t match up with yours doesn’t mean I’m on the wind up. Get a fuckin grip

I’m not trying to argue with you...you just don’t understand the point of this thread and the reasons why we look in here for a different point of view from the other thread......

I do understand it and while as I said other people were clearly taking the piss I tried to have a reasoned discussion. Maybe I should just start taking the piss out of people as that seems more acceptable than trying to have a discussion :lol:

With respect, some people don't want a reasoned discussion on why their positive optimism is wrong. I know that irks you but that's why the thread was created.

You can't help yourself as you've admitted, so maybe just don't come in? At the moment it does look like you're more interested in the arguing...as much as I agree some of your points are valid

With respect, some people don't want a reasoned discussion on why their positive optimism is wrong. I know that irks you but that's why the thread was created.

You can't help yourself as you've admitted, so maybe just don't come in? At the moment it does look like you're more interested in the arguing...as much as I agree some of your points are valid

Fair enough. I’ll try bite my tongue. Maybe there should be less goading from the positive types like this also then?

Bang on Keith lad, to coin that famous old terrace song ‘we shall not be moved’

It will be very difficult for some on here to understand that nothing (relevant) has changed and that the Takeover WILL STILL HAPPEN !!!

Hopefully none on here Manorpark.........but they’re going ballistic in the other thread.....best skip reading the takeover thread for a while to avoid high blood pressure?

BBC running with this as headline. Think we can put the whole takeover saga to bed now

Ok we’ll not expect to see you again in here from now on then.

Let’s see if you stick to you’re conviction ?

This isn’t your thread man. Stick your mad mates tweets in the positive thread. This is the realist thread

Argh I thought it was over but you’re back again. Nowt madder than someone thinking somethings over then keep posting about it  :lol:

Don’t apologise I’m more than happy to engage and explain myself. Though I do think you struggle with the concept of this thread.

My confidence is based on the fact that if the PL are so confident in their position, why did they not reject the takeover as the PL rule book instructs them to. There has clearly been lobbying against this takeover from Bein and I’m also led to believe there is strong evidence of outside interference from clubs within top 6. This has been alluded to in the national press by Henry Winter and other journalists. Basically there is sufficient evidence to prove the o&d test has not been correctly adhered to.

On the issue of separation to lay men like me and you it looks straightforward that MBS runs the show, however it’s not quite as simple as that. In the international business world PIF are treat as a separate entity, and whilst the PL may scoff at that, by all accounts they did not seek outside legal opinion based on this and in Saudi law they are classed as separate. I’m very confident Shaheed Fatima will muddy the waters sufficiently with expertise in this field and the reality and legal view point of separation will prove quite different. As for the accusations levelled at MBS we all know he is never going to sit the test, and to be honest without a conviction in the international arena or sanctions by U.K. govt I don’t think it will have any impact.

Finally and most crucially I ultimately believe separation is just a smoke screen for piracy, it all comes back to piracy. I maintain if Bein is reinstated, WTO appeal is dropped and legal case by Bein is dropped then the PL will not fight this on separation. They would have nothing written in stone that would hold up in court re piracy to block on that alone. The PL rule book mentions nothing about a state not being able to own a club and after this week who would they insist has ultimate influence as a shadow director, you could argue it’s King Salman now and not MBS.

One final note if Mike Ashley didn’t think he had a chance, do you really think he’d be spending the money he is, trust me it’s a hell of a lot. Do you also think Staveley after spending the time and money she has is about to walk away ? As long as they’re still fighting I’m very confident, these people do not knowingly hoy their money away.

Don’t apologise I’m more than happy to engage and explain myself. Though I do think you struggle with the concept of this thread.

My confidence is based on the fact that if the PL are so confident in their position, why did they not reject the takeover as the PL rule book instructs them to. There has clearly been lobbying against this takeover from Bein and I’m also led to believe there is strong evidence of outside interference from clubs within top 6. This has been alluded to in the national press by Henry Winter and other journalists. Basically there is sufficient evidence to prove the o&d test has not been correctly adhered to.

On the issue of separation to lay men like me and you it looks straightforward that MBS runs the show, however it’s not quite as simple as that. In the international business world PIF are treat as a separate entity, and whilst the PL may scoff at that, by all accounts they did not seek outside legal opinion based on this and in Saudi law they are classed as separate. I’m very confident Shaheed Fatima will muddy the waters sufficiently with expertise in this field and the reality and legal view point of separation will prove quite different. As for the accusations levelled at MBS we all know he is never going to sit the test, and to be honest without a conviction in the international arena or sanctions by U.K. govt I don’t think it will have any impact.

Finally and most crucially I ultimately believe separation is just a smoke screen for piracy, it all comes back to piracy. I maintain if Bein is reinstated, WTO appeal is dropped and legal case by Bein is dropped then the PL will not fight this on separation. They would have nothing written in stone that would hold up in court re piracy to block on that alone. The PL rule book mentions nothing about a state not being able to own a club and after this week who would they insist has ultimate influence as a shadow director, you could argue it’s King Salman now and not MBS.

One final note if Mike Ashley didn’t think he had a chance, do you really think he’d be spending the money he is, trust me it’s a hell of a lot. Do you also think Staveley after spending the time and money she has is about to walk away ? As long as they’re still fighting I’m very confident, these people do not knowingly hoy their money away.

I hope you are correct.

For me, I prefer this thread to the other one, I'd much rather have blind optimism here than the one-upmanship in misery over there. It ain't over til it's Casanova!

This is my thought process too. Basically all my eggs are in the takeover basket. I WILL be walking away from this club if it doesn't happen. I'll be walking away until Ashley has gone and I'd rather do that with blind optimism (if that's all it is) than misery and negativity until we get a decision one way or another.

Oh well a lot of posturing by geriatric Joe but not much else, who’d have thought aye  :whistle:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/26/politics/biden-mohammed-bin-salman-jamal-khashoggi/index.html

Not really sure why anyone would take American Intelligence services seriously anyway, they're rarely reliable. 'American' and 'Intelligence' are two words that don't tend to get put together in general, especially where their military and surveillance services are involved  :lol:

Oh well a lot of posturing by geriatric Joe but not much else, who’d have thought aye  :whistle:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/26/politics/biden-mohammed-bin-salman-jamal-khashoggi/index.html

Not really sure why anyone would take American Intelligence services seriously anyway, they're rarely reliable. 'American' and 'Intelligence' are two words that don't tend to get put together in general, especially where their military and surveillance services are involved  :lol:

Just ask Tony Blair about American intelligence, it certainly spoilt his resume in the end.

This is from Nick De Marco’s interview with Kieran McGuire that is re hashed In the Chronicle today. It tells you exactly where we are at the minute in my opinion. The arbitration hearing has not yet begun and we’re clearly in the negotiating phase. I believe De Marco sees a road map to do a deal with the PL and he will be absolutely aligned with their thinking and what is required to get it done. Obviously during arbitration and even afterwards they can come to an agreement, but broadly speaking this is a good insight of the main mans thinking.

And no that’s not Ryan Maine before anyone asks.

From De Marco

"Despite appearances I can tell you I rarely encourage my clients to go to court or arbitration.

"I usually tell them it's very risky, it's very costly, it takes a lot of time, however strong you think your case is things can go wrong and if there is a way of dealing with it commercially or by a deal with the regulator in some way - which there can be before charges are brought - you should explore that.

"It's a much better use of your time or resources than paying lawyers and often that is the case. Often we are able to do deals.

"That's usually my advice to clients. It's usually only when it's impossible that you have to go through and fight."

This is from Nick De Marco’s interview with Kieran McGuire that is re hashed In the Chronicle today. It tells you exactly where we are at the minute in my opinion. The arbitration hearing has not yet begun and we’re clearly in the negotiating phase. I believe De Marco sees a road map to do a deal with the PL and he will be absolutely aligned with their thinking and what is required to get it done. Obviously during arbitration and even afterwards they can come to an agreement, but broadly speaking this is a good insight of the main mans thinking.

From De Marco

"Despite appearances I can tell you I rarely encourage my clients to go to court or arbitration.

"I usually tell them it's very risky, it's very costly, it takes a lot of time, however strong you think your case is things can go wrong and if there is a way of dealing with it commercially or by a deal with the regulator in some way - which there can be before charges are brought - you should explore that.

"It's a much better use of your time or resources than paying lawyers and often that is the case. Often we are able to do deals.

"That's usually my advice to clients. It's usually only when it's impossible that you have to go through and fight."

Get it done Nick.

As I've said before though my only fear is relegation.

From De Marco

Get it done Nick.

Fingers crossed 3 points tonight ?

From De Marco

Get it done Nick.

Fingers crossed 3 points tonight ?

We just need to pick up points now in this run of games we have. Unfortunately I don't have the confidence in the moron we have in charge. Fingers crossed like you say though.

Probably the wrong thread for it, but I must admit, after being excited by the takeover initially, I’m now firmly in the camp where I’d much prefer alternative buyers to come in. There’s just too many moral issues for me to ever feel fully comfortable with it.

I understand your point of view but it seems everyone else can accept Saudi money, so why not us. That's the way I see it.

From De Marco

That reads like he doesnt have a lot of confidence in it going through if it does go to arbitration.

From De Marco

That reads like he doesnt have a lot of confidence in it going through if it does go to arbitration.

I think he’s talking generally and like he says no matter how good your case, there’s always an element of risk with judges. Let’s hope the delay is due to positive ongoing discussions.

From De Marco

That's the way it reads to me as well. As I wrote a few pages back, I don't think the deal is really in Nick De Marco's nice safe whole grain hands.

Arbitration hasn't started yet because we might lose - probably because it's bloody obvious, and has always been obvious, that PIF and KSA are the same thing. Fortunately, I don't believe the PL could give a mackem's gooch about separation, Kashoggi or anything related to morality. They care about money. The takeover is riding on Saudi-Qatar relations and solving the piracy issue.