Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

What’s the fuss about has the land of the free stopped importing Saudi oil based on this intelligence report. Has Boris called an emergency cabinet meeting to stop all dealings with Saudi Arabia. Is there going to be an international conviction of MBS based of this report ?

This thread will die when Mandy says it’s over and Jink Jim says no mas.

Nothing has changed despite lot of bed wetting yet again, people blow with the wind in this place, hold you’re nerve keep calm and carry on.

It's over Kidda, give up man FFS.

Wow...new member contribution.....better do as he says Whitley!

Yeah very enlightening Jinky.

I think I’ll wait to the main protagonists tell us it’s over, not sure about you ? 😀

Like you, I’m still convinced the takeover will happen...not sure when though......I’ll only give in when we’re in league 1, with Bruce still informing us that he’s happy with their 2nd half performance🤪

What’s the fuss about has the land of the free stopped importing Saudi oil based on this intelligence report. Has Boris called an emergency cabinet meeting to stop all dealings with Saudi Arabia. Is there going to be an international conviction of MBS based of this report ?

Nothing has changed despite lot of bed wetting yet again, people blow with the wind in this place, hold you’re nerve keep calm and carry on.

I think I’ll wait to the main protagonists tell us it’s over, not sure about you ? 😀

Like you, I’m still convinced the takeover will happen...not sure when though......I’ll only give in when we’re in league 1, with Bruce still informing us that he’s happy with their 2nd half performance🤪

I’m still absolutely unshakeable in my belief it’s happening. They’ll either consign us to the nut house Jinky, or we’ll be proven correct in the end.

I’m very sure it’ll be the latter though.

I’m still absolutely unshakeable in my belief it’s happening. They’ll either consign us to the nut house Jinky, or we’ll be proven correct in the end.

Totally correct.

It is SO exciting just to think what the future will be like, day after day, week after week, month after month . . . IT WILL BE SO DIFFERENT TO NOW !!

If the Premier League see the state as running the club and Biden sees King Salman as his equivalent.....it certainly  could muddy the waters even further for Shaheed Fatima to exploit in any separation argument. The fact the PL allegedly did not seek any expert/outside advice on this matter either, hopefully comes back to haunt them.

Add me to the mix as well. My confidence has wavered episodically, but I'm still confident we'll taken over before the start of next season.

I'm less convinced we'll still be a Premier League club by then, however.

I know the buyers still want to buy and the seller still wants to sell and they're spending a shitload of time and money into making it happen.

I understand people who think the opposite though, there's enough out there to put doubt into anyone's minds. At the moment, for me at least, there's enough to hold on to still be confident.

If we're not taken over, regardless if we're relegated or not, I'm absolutely done with this club until we are.

Guest reefatoon

It's the threat of relegation that has me concerned about it all. Can see them wanting it cheaper and Mike not playing ball at all. Relegation will be a major fuck up on anything happening. Just need to stay up.

Add me to the mix as well. My confidence has wavered episodically, but I'm still confident we'll taken over before the start of next season.

I know the buyers still want to buy and the seller still wants to sell and they're spending a shitload of time and money into making it happen.

I understand people who think the opposite though, there's enough out there to put doubt into anyone's minds. At the moment, for me at least, there's enough to hold on to still be confident.

If we're not taken over, regardless if we're relegated or not, I'm absolutely done with this club until we are.

Why wait? Plenty are already done with the club until Ashley leaves.

Why wait? Plenty are already done with the club until Ashley leaves.

Mentally, I mean. I've not been to a match in years. If it wasn't for the possibility of this takeover I would've been out ages ago.

So a geriatric narcaleptic writes a report and half the forum are queuing up on the Tyne bridge? As far as I'm aware all the legal avenues are still being pursued and no one has pulled out or downed tools yet. Its not like this place to be melodramatically reactive.

So a geriatric narcaleptic writes a report and half the forum are queuing up on the Tyne bridge? As far as I'm aware all the legal avenues are still being pursued and no one has pulled out or downed tools yet. Its not like this place to be melodramatically reactive.

Just wait until the report is released they’ll be calling on the admin to shut this thread down again. It’s the usual suspects who just have to tell folk it’s not happening. What I can never understand is these folk keep returning to check what’s happening, after telling everyone it’s over a few days earlier.

They can call us deluded all they like but the fact remains, anyone checking for progress on something they’re adamant is over is far more unstable my book.

This thread is for the lads who live life with a glass half full, and stay true to their convictions.

Project zebra 🦓 is still alive and kicking.

Amanda Stavley has lost her case against Barclays

Oh dear

Excellent she can concentrate on the takeover now. Full steam ahead !!

Not sure that’s how she’ll see it. I’m gutted tho I was told on here she was gonna buy the club outright with the Ruebens, I guess that’s off the table now

Oh dear

:facepalm: relentless. Like Comical Ali at the fall of Baghdad

Oh dear

Not sure that’s how she’ll see it. I’m gutted tho I was told on here she was gonna buy the club outright with the Ruebens, I guess that’s off the table now

If she buys the club with Reubens it will be alongside other investors as per her pre Saudi attempts. I can’t speak for others on here, but at no point have I said she’d be reliant or use the winnings from her court case to buy club.

So sorry to disappoint but PCP buying the club alongside other investors as I alluded to the other day, is most definitely not off the table.

Erm... my whole point was she doesn’t have the money the money and the whole starting point of the discussion was someone else mentioning the money she’d receive from the court case

Absolute negativity in the other thread and I’ll remind people of this paragraph from Caulkin’s recent article. Absolutely nothing has changed if we stay up and win arbitration PIF will be involved. If the worst case happens, I’m absolutely now convinced Staveley and Rueben’s will assume control. Ashley is done with the club now and this is the reason he is loathe to spend anything on replacing Bruce. However, should all go wrong this week on the pitch the bullet will be fired. Ashley is spending millions on legal fees and make no mistake will move to protect his investment in next week should he need to.

From athletic

‘Far from being put off, they say, pushing through the deal is now a matter of national pride to PIF. “They want to keep their distance until it can be resolved,” one source says. “They’re not going to waste time on it unless it can be done. But if the Premier League think they’ve given up, they’re wrong.’

You literally said she’d buy the club with the Ruebens in a leverage buy out akin to Burnley

Absolute negativity in the other thread and I’ll remind people of this paragraph from Caulkin’s recent article. Absolutely nothing has changed if we stay up and win arbitration PIF will be involved. If the worst case happens, I’m absolutely now convinced Staveley and Rueben’s will assume control. Ashley is done with the club now and this is the reason he is loathe to spend anything on replacing Bruce. However, should all go wrong this week on the pitch the bullet will be fired. Ashley is spending millions on legal fees and make no mistake will move to protect his investment in next week should he need to.

From athletic

‘Far from being put off, they say, pushing through the deal is now a matter of national pride to PIF. “They want to keep their distance until it can be resolved,” one source says. “They’re not going to waste time on it unless it can be done. But if the Premier League think they’ve given up, they’re wrong.’

You are a mad man :lol: there isn’t a chance Staveley & Ruebens will buy the club without PIF if they wanted to they’d have done so by now

You’re absolutely wrong Staveley attempted to buy the club in the May prior and thought she could. This was an attempt to keep Benitez before he left, the Saudi’s only came on board in the November. She will own the club regardless. The price will be at a reduced level and I’ll gladly accept you’re apology in a couple of months when i’m right.

She had backers then too wasn’t just her and ruebens. f*** all apology due

Did she who were they ? That’s guesswork on you’re part I’m afraid. We’ll both know who’ll be right in a few months and that will be enough for me 😉

Can’t find the interview with caulkin after she provided proof of 3 bids but I’m sure (but maybe wrong) it said she had investors and in subsequent caulkin articles he mentions investors. At no point was she buying the club herself

I’ll help you out the initial attempt had the backing of Chinese investors, however in the May when Rafa left it’s unknown where the funding was coming from. She’s keen to have Saudi backing as it takes us to next level, however she was happy to go ahead in the May if it had gone ahead. Which makes you’re argument redundant.

So if you’re going to attempt to call people out, you really need to know you’re facts.  :lol:

Total guesswork she doesn’t have the money to do it herself. You are the most deluded poster I’ve ever seen.

I’ll make it simple for you. It didn’t go ahead in May because it was never going to because she didn’t have the backing

I have more reasoned discussions with my 10 year old :lol:

Wrong she ideally wants serious wealth behind it to take us to the next level. PCP are basically an investment fund and she absolutely could go ahead and do a leveraged buy out akin to Burnley.

Erm... my whole point was she doesn’t have the money the money and the whole starting point of the discussion was someone else mentioning the money she’d receive from the court case

From athletic

You literally said she’d buy the club with the Ruebens in a leverage buy out akin to Burnley

From athletic

You are a mad man :lol: there isn’t a chance Staveley & Ruebens will buy the club without PIF if they wanted to they’d have done so by now

You’re absolutely wrong Staveley attempted to buy the club in the May prior and thought she could. This was an attempt to keep Benitez before he left, the Saudi’s only came on board in the November. She will own the club regardless. The price will be at a reduced level and I’ll gladly accept you’re apology in a couple of months when i’m right.

She had backers then too wasn’t just her and ruebens. f*** all apology due

Did she who were they ? That’s guesswork on you’re part I’m afraid. We’ll both know who’ll be right in a few months and that will be enough for me 😉

Can’t find the interview with caulkin after she provided proof of 3 bids but I’m sure (but maybe wrong) it said she had investors and in subsequent caulkin articles he mentions investors. At no point was she buying the club herself

I’ll help you out the initial attempt had the backing of Chinese investors, however in the May when Rafa left it’s unknown where the funding was coming from. She’s keen to have Saudi backing as it takes us to next level, however she was happy to go ahead in the May if it had gone ahead. Which makes you’re argument redundant.

So if you’re going to attempt to call people out, you really need to know you’re facts.  :lol:

Total guesswork she doesn’t have the money to do it herself. You are the most deluded poster I’ve ever seen.

I’ll make it simple for you. It didn’t go ahead in May because it was never going to because she didn’t have the backing

I have more reasoned discussions with my 10 year old :lol:

Wrong she ideally wants serious wealth behind it to take us to the next level. PCP are basically an investment fund and she absolutely could go ahead and do a leveraged buy out akin to Burnley.

Sorry but at no point there have I said she’d use money from court case, hence a leveraged buy out. In all probability though PCP would finance it alongside other backers.

Btw I’d absolutely love her and the Ruebens to buy us, would certainly be a lot cleaner if the Saudis weren’t involved tbh

I’m mixed on this she wanted the Saudi wealth to take us to next level. Would a Staveley buyout without it just be akin to Kenyon/DeGrosa etc. Don’t get me wrong though obviously preferable to Ashley.

Btw I’d absolutely love her and the Ruebens to buy us, would certainly be a lot cleaner if the Saudis weren’t involved tbh

I’m mixed on this she wanted the Saudi wealth to take us to next level. Would a Staveley buyout without it just be akin to Kenyon/DeGrosa etc. Don’t get me wrong though obviously preferable to Ashley.

Ruebens are very wealthy but don’t don’t seem to want to go all in which is a shame