Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

What’s the fuss about has the land of the free stopped importing Saudi oil based on this intelligence report. Has Boris called an emergency cabinet meeting to stop all dealings with Saudi Arabia. Is there going to be an international conviction of MBS based of this report ?

This thread will die when Mandy says it’s over and Jink Jim says no mas.

Nothing has changed despite lot of bed wetting yet again, people blow with the wind in this place, hold you’re nerve keep calm and carry on.

f*** sake man. Wake up. It’s not bed wetting It pretty much proves MBS & PIF are far from separate which is the very specific reason Masters gave for the takeover not going thru.

You don’t get it or just refuse to get it. It’s got very little to do with the US, oil money or even the murder itself, the PL have accused MBS of being a shadow director and said he must take the O&D test which he simply won’t

If piracy is not an issue and legal cases are dropped, where does it say in the test that the Saudi state cannot own the club ?

I honestly don’t see how they can clear up the separation issue and it certainly looks like the PL have a very strong case in their belief that MBS & PIF are not seperate

So were MBS be dethroned/jailed etc would PIF cease to exist and if not why?

No (I’d think) PIF would be controlled by the next ruler but now we are just dealing in hypotheticals

What’s the fuss about has the land of the free stopped importing Saudi oil based on this intelligence report. Has Boris called an emergency cabinet meeting to stop all dealings with Saudi Arabia. Is there going to be an international conviction of MBS based of this report ?

Nothing has changed despite lot of bed wetting yet again, people blow with the wind in this place, hold you’re nerve keep calm and carry on.

f*** sake man. Wake up. It’s not bed wetting It pretty much proves MBS & PIF are far from separate which is the very specific reason Masters gave for the takeover not going thru.

You don’t get it or just refuse to get it. It’s got very little to do with the US, oil money or even the murder itself, the PL have accused MBS of being a shadow director and said he must take the O&D test which he simply won’t

If piracy is not an issue and legal cases are dropped, where does it say in the test that the Saudi state cannot own the club ?

I honestly don’t see how they can clear up the separation issue and it certainly looks like the PL have a very strong case in their belief that MBS & PIF are not seperate

If the legal cases are dropped re piracy, i really don’t think they will go to the expense of fighting this on separation. If there’s nothing in the test to say the state can’t own the club, they would have to insist that MBS in particular was a named director as they believe he is running the show. However, could it not be argued in that case then ultimately King Salman is running the show. Where do you draw the line on shadow directors, I believe this issue of separation will just fade away once piracy is sorted. If piracy isn’t sorted I’m more than confident that Shaheed Fatima can make this much less straightforward than you’re analysis of separation suggests.

So were MBS be dethroned/jailed etc would PIF cease to exist and if not why?

No (I’d think) PIF would be controlled by the next ruler but now we are just dealing in hypotheticals

We are, but its a perfectly viable scenario which alludes to the legal separation thst the club's trying to argue. I'm no expert but I'm still struggling to see what the recent news changes.

If the legal cases are dropped re piracy, i really don’t think they will go to the expense of fighting this on separation. If there’s nothing in the test to say the state can’t own the club, they would have to insist that MBS in particular was a named director as they believe he is running the show. However, could it not be argued in that case then ultimately King Salman is running the show. Where do you draw the line on shadow directors, I believe this issue of separation will just fade away once piracy is sorted. If piracy isn’t sorted I’m more than confident that Shaheed Fatima can make this much less straightforward than you’re analysis of separation suggests.

Could throw Putin via Abramovich in there as well.

This thread must be finished now then :lol:

"The" only L O G I C A L outcome "is" that it MUST "be" C L O S E D

Wait!!!

Interesting how happy some people are when there is news that could negatively impact on our Takeover.

Are you all from Sunderland?

Nobody is happy about it. Other than Luke Edwards and Steve Bruce. You can't differentiate people wanting it to happen and not believing it will? Weird.

Him and Whitley have had similar views about this in the past.

Not being blindly optimistic = don't want it to happen/apparently mackem now as well.

IMO, this thread would have been quite at home in the Twitter bullshit thread, it seems to be all it's about.......  "Let's get ahead of ourselves over random twitter 'ITK's' and call it optimism".

Honestly this board and the people within are not happy unless they are wallowing in shit and then complaining about it.    The whole forum has become just one big misery wank fest.  This thread was set up to try and counter attack the gloom and still the misery wankers come on.

If I want misery I go on Twitter, this forum is no longer fun or entertaining and just like NUFC is now.  Football is meant to be escapism, to support something and to be part of a collective.  NUFC is now just a collective of misery and I wont let it drag me down.

So last post in here......enjoy the misery that this forum oozes from every pore and post!

This is a good point, I returned recently as it's the best place to talk about all things Newcastle, but the negativity is just overwhelming.

I get we're in a dire position, but any position other than we're  doomed and their are no positives tends to be shot down even if it objectively isn't the case.  You just come off the forum on a massive downer. Next time I'm inclined to log in, I might just go and watch the Boy in Striped PJs instead.

Wait!!!

Interesting how happy some people are when there is news that could negatively impact on our Takeover.

Nobody is happy about it. Other than Luke Edwards and Steve Bruce. You can't differentiate people wanting it to happen and not believing it will? Weird.

Not being blindly optimistic = don't want it to happen/apparently mackem now as well.

IMO, this thread would have been quite at home in the Twitter bullshit thread, it seems to be all it's about.......  "Let's get ahead of ourselves over random twitter 'ITK's' and call it optimism".

Honestly this board and the people within are not happy unless they are wallowing in shit and then complaining about it.    The whole forum has become just one big misery wank fest.  This thread was set up to try and counter attack the gloom and still the misery wankers come on.

If I want misery I go on Twitter, this forum is no longer fun or entertaining and just like NUFC is now.  Football is meant to be escapism, to support something and to be part of a collective.  NUFC is now just a collective of misery and I wont let it drag me down.

So last post in here......enjoy the misery that this forum oozes from every pore and post!

JoyousDisloyalIndianglassfish-max-1mb.gif

Wait!!!

This is a good point, I returned recently as it's the best place to talk about all things Newcastle, but the negativity is just overwhelming.

I get we're in a dire position, but any position other than we're  doomed and their are no positives tends to be shot down even if it objectively isn't the case.  You just come off the forum on a massive downer. Next time I'm inclined to log in, I might just go and watch the Boy in Striped PJs instead.

What positivity is there around the club nowadays? Make-believe takeovers?

Here's my heathenistic take:

The separation issue was used as the reason to halt the takeover but it's not the reason why it was halted. It wasn't passed because Qatar, Liverpool and Tottenham didn't want it to be. The PL couldn't give a wet fart about the legitimacy of these owners or any others, not least so when there's this much money involved.

If the Bein boxes get the green light, which everyone seems to think will happen, then Qatar will stand aside. Do Liverpool & friends have the influence to block a deal that has Qatar, the Saudis and mega TV money all wrapped up together with a bow on top? I don't know. Maybe they do.

I'm still optimistic. Get the straitjacket.

The separation issue was used as the reason to hault the takeover but it's not the reason why it wasn't passed. It wasn't passed because Qatar, Liverpool and Tottenham didn't want it to be. The PL couldn't give a wet fart about the legitimacy of these owners or any others, not least so when there's this much money involved.

If the Bein boxes get the green light, which everyone seems to think will happen, then Qatar will stand aside. Do Liverpool & friends have the influence to block a deal that has Qatar, the Saudis and mega TV money all wrapped up together with a bow on top? I don't know. Maybe they do.

interesting take.....just wait now for the doom mongers to dissect it piece by piece.

Wait!!!

What positivity is there around the club nowadays? Make-believe takeovers?

I'm 50-50 on whether there's a takeover still on the cards. Even if it was a 15% chance that would be positivity. If there's 0% chance and it's definitely done and dusted, then by all means those who want to top themselves might be vindicated.

It's over Kidda, give up man FFS.

Wow...new member contribution.....better do as he says Whitley!

100% wrong, so wrong it's embarrasing.

Also, please read the Thread Title.

yo seriously this is literally the "positive optimism" thread and if it pains you to see people hopeful just don't read or post in it. if you think they're delusional to the point of real life harm please contact the authorities.

there's absolutely no value at all in waltzing in and thinking you're about to debunk everything with an ill wrought tweet and a condescending smirk. great. take that to the takeover thread. this is for morons like me to be blissfully, willfully ignorant of whatever landmines you think we're dancing over.

let it be

yo seriously this is literally the "positive optimism" thread and if it pains you to see people hopeful just don't read or post in it. if you think they're delusional to the point of real life harm please contact the authorities.

there's absolutely no value at all in waltzing in and thinking you're about to debunk everything with an ill wrought tweet and a condescending smirk. great. take that to the takeover thread. this is for morons like me to be blissfully, willfully ignorant of whatever landmines you think we're dancing over.

let it be

This.

The separation issue was used as the reason to halt the takeover but it's not the reason why it was halted. It wasn't passed because Qatar, Liverpool and Tottenham didn't want it to be. The PL couldn't give a wet fart about the legitimacy of these owners or any others, not least so when there's this much money involved.

This was my take, solving the BeIn piracy opens the doors and linking MBS was the easy excuse that they would have swept under the carpet.

I guess a concern now is that with these new findings, backtracking/glossing over that link is not as easy.

let it be

Well said

let it be

:thup: Even I agree with this.

let it be

The whole point of the forum, a forum, any forum is discussion wether it be agreeing or disagreeing with points of view. Don’t agree with having any thread where you can only comment if it’s to agree with others. That’s mental

let it be

The whole point of the forum, a forum, any forum is discussion wether it be agreeing or disagreeing with points of view. Don’t agree with having any thread where you can only comment if it’s to agree with others. That’s mental

At a wide view "forums are about discussion"

At a more granular level "threads are discussion about specific subjects/ideas"

A thread absolutely can have a focus and a tone set, and the posters in it should respect that. You wouldn't jump in the matchday threads to talk about cars and then say "but it's a forum for discussion" when booed, why should this be different? If that common courtesy is "mental" to you I don't know what to say.

let it be

At a wide view "forums are about discussion"

At a more granular level "threads are discussion about specific subjects/ideas"

A thread absolutely can have a focus and a tone set, and the posters in it should respect that. You wouldn't jump in the matchday threads to talk about cars and then say "but it's a forum for discussion" when booed, why should this be different? If that common courtesy is "mental" to you I don't know what to say.

No but I’d absolutely call out something within the match day thread if it was absolutely bollocks but respect your point of view and all that :thup:

This was my take, solving the BeIn piracy opens the doors and linking MBS was the easy excuse that they would have swept under the carpet.

I guess a concern now is that with these new findings, backtracking/glossing over that link is not as easy.

Are there really new findings? I think everyone knows and always has known that PIF and KSA are the same thing. Everybody also knows they're as dodgy as a BBC 70s reunion do. I'm sure De Marco has a role to play but ultimately money is going to make or break the deal, not a legal technicality.

Are there really new findings? I think everyone knows and always has known that PIF and KSA are the same thing. Everybody also knows they're as dodgy as a BBC 70s reunion do. I'm sure De Marco has a role to play but ultimately money is going to make or break the deal, not a legal technicality.

Something about planes  :lol: I have to admit I lazily haven't read the report but seems to be a bit of a hoo-haw over it

Yeah very enlightening Jinky.

I think I’ll wait to the main protagonists tell us it’s over, not sure about you ? 😀

Yeah very enlightening Jinky.

I think I’ll wait to the main protagonists tell us it’s over, not sure about you ? 😀

They already have though.  :lol: