Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Didn't we want the arbitration done though? It seems the only way forward. Taking 4 months to challenge a well-respected lawyer who confirmed he was independent, seems crazy. And they lost.

The person we nominated helped to nominate the third person FFS.

I thought it was reported the best case for NUFC is to have an agreement without needing to actually go to arbitration.

Maybe we’re attempting to cause enough of a nuisance and legal cost to the PL until they’re willing to just sit down and sort it.

If it was found that Masters and Hoffman had actively been acting on behalf of the top six or a third party, showing a clear bias over every other team in the league, it could result in a full overhaul of the FA. It would be like when the Sepp Blatter incident carved FIFA up, integrity has to be key in competition otherwise it all falls apart for them (you'd hope).

I'd love it, love it if we beat the corruption at the FA!

4 hours ago, Doctor Zaius said:

He's a fucking cunt is what he is.

Its not the content, but his delivery. Smarmy, vindictive and arrogant.

The sooner he stops covering us, the better.

I’m not sure how many years it is since I posted (plenty I suspect) but I had to log on to agree with this 100% .. for a supposedly professional person to behave like this is unacceptable given his role and I for one would love it if this went through if only to throw it back at him..

Surely though, assuming we avoid relegation, this should be resolved one way or another immediately after the season ends? Why would they wait any longer to proceed with arbitration?

I really, really do not want this summer to be a repeat of last year's.

5 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Surely though, assuming we avoid relegation, this should be resolved one way or another immediately after the season ends? Why would they wait any longer to proceed with arbitration?

The article said considering an appeal, which was reported at the time of the decision - old news then. I would be gobsmacked if they did actually appeal.

The suggestion is that it won't be appealed, so the arbitration can be carried out in private. When journalists are saying the hearing hasn't taken place, I'm not sure how they would know if the process is a private one. Next we should hear is the outcome of whether the PIF and the state are separate or not. And that's meant to be expected by the end of the season so we shouldn't hear anything before then

28 minutes ago, Wandy said:

If I knew in 5 years this would be over and the deal done I’d take it mate , like a fuking shot 

25 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

The article said considering an appeal, which was reported at the time of the decision - old news then. I would be gobsmacked if they did actually appeal.

I was under the assumption, based on previous reports, that they were going to do anything and everything they could before taking it to arbitration because it wasn't a sure shot and was a final answer if we lost.

Would not surprise me in the least if they have appealed if that's to be believed.

2 minutes ago, GWN said:

Really great to see this in the news and front page .

Any publicity is good imho, makes me believe in things a bit more ?

I feel the complete opposite and I’m sure it’s the opposite of what Amanda & co want too 

Just now, gdm said:
2 minutes ago, GWN said:

Really great to see this in the news and front page .

Any publicity is good imho, makes me believe in things a bit more ?

I feel the complete opposite and I’m sure it’s the opposite of what Amanda & co want too

We know that the Saudis don't want any of this played out publicly either.

Isn’t the arbitration case going to take something daft like 18-24 months? Wasn’t it delayed in starting? Due to the club appealing the appointment of the judge and saying he would be biased... I’m sure I remember reading and hearing that from a couple of legal eagles  

Unless the Premier League has a change of heart. I don’t see how this is going through any time soon.  

2 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Isn’t the arbitration case going to take something daft like 18-24 months? Wasn’t it delayed in starting? Due to the club appealing the appointment of the judge and saying he would be biased... I’m sure I remember reading and hearing that from a couple of legal eagles  

Unless the Premier League has a change of heart. I don’t see how this is going through any time soon.  

No chance it takes 2 years :lol:

4 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

I was under the assumption, based on previous reports, that they were going to do anything and everything they could before taking it to arbitration because it wasn't a sure shot and was a final answer if we lost.

Would not surprise me in the least if they have appealed if that's to be believed.

Every legal case is never a 'sure shot' and at some time you have to back the arguments and facts you have within your legal case, otherwise what is the point of entering arbitration in the first place.  The Premier League's legal team are not going to step down that's for sure.

Edited by et tu brute

7 minutes ago, gdm said:

Yep, it going public last year is quite probably what killed it (opening up all the BeIN lobbying...) Just seen Amnesty are back on the scene today with another article like last summer's about the takeover.

1 minute ago, buzz said:

Yep, it going public last year is quite probably what killed it (opening up all the BeIN lobbying...) Just seen Amnesty are back on the scene today with another article like last summer's about the takeover.

I feel sorry for the F1 and boxing now that they have to cancel all events 

1 hour ago, Armchair Pundit said:

If it was found that Masters and Hoffman had actively been acting on behalf of the top six or a third party, showing a clear bias over every other team in the league, it could result in a full overhaul of the FA. It would be like when the Sepp Blatter incident carved FIFA up, integrity has to be key in competition otherwise it all falls apart for them (you'd hope).

I'd love it, love it if we beat the corruption at the FA!

The Blatter thing didn’t change FIFA though. The ones found guilty of it have been ousted but a lot of the old guard remains and there is question marks over their replacements.

Edited by Stifler

6 minutes ago, Ben said:

Probably (in fact definitely) a daft question, but who owns the Premier League ? 

The Football Association Premier League Ltd (FAPL) is operated as a corporation and is owned by the 20 member clubs. Each club is a shareholder, with one vote each on issues such as rule changes and contracts.

29 minutes ago, gdm said:

Fair enough mate it’s all about opinions with one common goal ?

9 minutes ago, ED209 said:

The Football Association Premier League Ltd (FAPL) is operated as a corporation and is owned by the 20 member clubs. Each club is a shareholder, with one vote each on issues such as rule changes and contracts.

So the 20 clubs that season ?

It's like we're back a year with the amount of takeover reports! Something has to be up surely, why's it in a hurry now? Nothing we don't know btw in the above just more smoke to the ever-growing - but never went away - fire