Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

Just a guess but probably a smaller contract deal because it probably has no real long term security for Castore. It’s probably a deal that can be terminated with minimal cost in a year or two’s time and has additional provisions for change of control. It’s really the only reason the club would enter into an agreement like that and the same goes for the technical supplier. This is likely done on Mike’s end because even if PIF fall through, he’s got no long term encumbrances hindering the commercial side of a buyer’s business plan. Assume Puma did not want to enter into another short 1 year deal or one that had no long term security so they switched to someone who was willing to take that but at a lower cost. 

Mike’s price range of ~£300m probably is baked in with freedom to buyer to bring in their own sponsors, kit supplier etc. 

Devil will be in the details though, castore could announce a “long term” deal but it could still be a super cheap termination or even allow for owner of club to terminate at will, early, or with a fee. Etc. 

Maybe they’ve got it cheap at £5m because of the agreement to take on the club shop at an additional price?

Selling the shop back to the club and leasing to Castore would make sense as a holding deal while the takeover is ongoing.

£5m + the club shop with Castore is possibly a better deal than £6.5m and no club shop with Puma.

Also with the pandemic, I’m not sure many clubs will be increasing their sponsorship income any time soon. Will be intrigued to see if other clubs negotiate better deals.

I don’t think it’s a sign the takeover is imminent. But if it was a clause of the takeover that MA relinquishes the club shop, it’s another less ‘barrier’ to overcome further down the line.

"The anticipated transfer of ownership of the club" does quickly bring us back to optimism, after Ryder's fair comment that it's not takeover-related.

Might give Musgrove's article a read, although it'd involve that horrific Chronicle website.

Just now, Ketsbaia said:

"The anticipated transfer of ownership of the club" does quickly bring us back to optimism, after Ryder's fair comment that it's not takeover-related.

Might give Musgrove's article a read, although it'd involve that horrific Chronicle website.

It's coming from Ashley though isn't it, so hard to believe he's not just using that as an excuse. Who knows.

Everything he's done with the retail is mental, TBH. Changing it to a tacky brand, running it down, closing the stores in the Metrocentre etc. Seems like exactly the opposite of what you'd do to make money. 

Spurs have a brand new superstore and fans are spending hundreds of pounds each on a match day. The quality of the merchandise and the environment is incomparable. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

5 hours ago, reefatoon said:

it’s also funny how some people have to equate absolutely everything that happens to be “not takeover” related too.

Just the stuff that isn't indicative of the takeover moving closer really. Like this news for example. 

Just now, Whitley mag said:

Aye seems the shop manager found out via Twitter according to some folk. I’m sure there’ll be a copy up by the end of day.

There was talk of this yesterday on twitter by someone who claimed to work there, so there are obviously copies out there.

I mean, this happening is not up for debate really is it. It's more whether or not the letter stating "the new owners" is just an excuse.

33 minutes ago, gdm said:

I’m not sure I want to know if we’ve been taken over until we are safe. Would be heartbreaking to win arbitration then get relegated 

I’d volunteer to spend a week at Alan Pardew‘s house if it meant the takeover and relegation happening. 

6 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

I’d volunteer to spend a week at Alan Pardew‘s house if it meant the takeover and relegation happening. 

I think what I was getting at is I don’t believe it will happen if we get relegated. So I’m saying it’ll be heartbreaking to get the go ahead and for it to then collapse because of relegation. 

I just don’t think Ashley can be trusted to successfully re-negotiate 

Edited by gdm

Guest reefatoon
25 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

There seems to be a sudden amount of info being released regarding the club and the takeover in the last couple of days after being so quiet recently...

Aye, totally. It’s good to see a little flurry again.

1 hour ago, Shearergol said:

Right Amanda, the club is yours. Obviously a lot of things to sort out, what's first?

"Oh, let's get rid of those SD staff in the shop that makes no money".

The electromagnetic force of attraction between negative electrons and positive protons in the nucleus keeps electrons in the area surrounding the nucleus. The electromagnetic force of repulsion between positive protons in the nucleus is overcome by the strong nuclear force between protons and neutrons...........To Be Continued......... negative nelly!

3 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

The electromagnetic force of attraction between negative electrons and positive protons in the nucleus keeps electrons in the area surrounding the nucleus. The electromagnetic force of repulsion between positive protons in the nucleus is overcome by the strong nuclear force between protons and neutrons...........To Be Continued......... negative nelly!

Keep it up, it'll catch on soon.

32 minutes ago, gdm said:

I think what I was getting at is I don’t believe it will happen if we get relegated. So I’m saying it’ll be heartbreaking to get the go ahead and for it to then collapse because of relegation. 

I just don’t think Ashley can be trusted to successfully re-negotiate 

I think Stavely has been SO close a few times that she will make it happen by force of her will alone.