Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

Guest neesy111
1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

Interesting.

Not to the takeover, but interesting nonetheless 

Oracle must be offering them some money in sponsorship for this stuff, not exactly a big player in the cloud market.

Just now, neesy111 said:

Oracle must be offering them some money in sponsorship for this stuff, not exactly a big player in the cloud market.

Nope, you're right. It's a strange one really. However companies like Vodafone have recently moved that way too (although that seemed to be a bit of a handshake deal where both companies get something out of it).

I'm guessing this is much more to do with Oracle's specific solution on the real-time analytics though.

I've ended up down a bit of a rabbit-hole of google searches here, but I missed this story last year. Bet it was us :lol:

Sports industry urged to reform cyber security after £1m Premier League phishing scam | IT PRO

Guest neesy111
4 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Nope, you're right. It's a strange one really. However companies like Vodafone have recently moved that way too (although that seemed to be a bit of a handshake deal where both companies get something out of it).

I'm guessing this is much more to do with Oracle's specific solution on the real-time analytics though.

I've ended up down a bit of a rabbit-hole of google searches here, but I missed this story last year. Bet it was us :lol:

Sports industry urged to reform cyber security after £1m Premier League phishing scam | IT PRO

That doesn't surprise me that story.  I can see people not even having 2FA activated on such accounts.

1 minute ago, neesy111 said:

The Avengers use Oracle cloud for all their stuff, assuming that's all related to S.H.I.E.L.D. but they're not real, unfortunately.

A few years ago, I did some training at Oracle HQ down in Reading and it was at the height of the Marvel films and so each printed edition of Oracle magazine they had scattered around the place had many versions with a different Avenger on the cover. For some reason it was very difficult to grab a copy of the one with Scarlett Johansson on the cover, could get any amount of the others but not her and I really tried. In the end I just had to print out a PDF version like a savage. 

(Sorry to diverge but I feel this topic has had worse divergences). 

Oracle paid a SHIT load of money to get product placement into Iron Man. So much so that the producers gave Oracle's CEO a cameo in the 2nd film.

God knows why though, not sure how much business it would get them, although I guess they just wanted to appear "cool".

Guest neesy111
22 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Oracle paid a SHIT load of money to get product placement into Iron Man. So much so that the producers gave Oracle's CEO a cameo in the 2nd film.

God knows why though, not sure how much business it would get them, although I guess they just wanted to appear "cool".

Larry Ellison?  

16 hours ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Didn't Saint-Maximin himself say he was due to join in the January transfer window but that Nice blocked the move, so not sure I buy this thought that Rafa wouldn't have signed him

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rafa-benitez-reveals-detail-mike-17307918

Sorry for sharing a Chronicle article, although there's some great detail in there about someone in the top team not knowing how to microwave his lunch and Rafa having to help him (my bet is Charnley).

Anyhow, whether true or not, it seems like St Max wasn't his choice.

To me, he does seem too much of a libero to fit in with the kind of meticulous planning Rafa goes for. How do you coach him, or a Ben Arfa, for that matter?

But who knows, and I'll stop derailing the thread now.

4 hours ago, cosmic said:

https://www.oracle.com/news/announcement/premier-league-selects-oracle-cloud-infrastructure-2021-05-06/

This press release is dated 06 May 2021. Not sure if this means EPL has just recently switched cloud server provider. But I'm assuming even if they have just switched, the emails and all correspondence from past years will need to be properly filed and accounted for. And not a case of "Sorry, we had a major server migration error and some emails & minutes were lost"

So luckily... I am an Oracle Cloud consultant

This has nothing to do with emails etc, its simply a data platform to provide analytics

Edited by Cookie1892
spelling

3 hours ago, neesy111 said:

really??? i think you need to do a bit more research on Oracle Cloud

Edited by Cookie1892

6 minutes ago, Cookie1892 said:

So luckily... I am an Oracle Cloud consultant

This has nothing to do with emails etc, its simply a data platform to provide analytics

Sure it is :shifty:. Scab. 

1 minute ago, Rocker said:

Sure it is :shifty:. Scab. 

i dont actually work for Oracle themselves but it is my Job with another large UK Firm

I look after payroll and HR implementations ha

Edited by Cookie1892

Guest neesy111
9 minutes ago, Cookie1892 said:

really??? i think you need to do a bit more research on Oracle Cloud

I work with AWS and Azure almost daily, never hear of Oracle discussed when it comes to cloud platforms at conferences etc.

I'm sure all the HR, PayRoll stuff etc is offered as a SaaS now though like SAP do.

6 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

I work with AWS and Azure almost daily, never hear of Oracle discussed when it comes to cloud platforms at conferences etc.

I'm sure all the HR, PayRoll stuff etc is offered as a SaaS now though like SAP do.

Ah yes your coming at it from a different angle to me, i work with it like you said as a SaaS platform and im really not on the techy infrastructure side

Im also doing Service Now training to become certified in that 

Edited by Cookie1892

Guest neesy111
2 minutes ago, Cookie1892 said:

Ah yes your coming at it from a different angle to me, i work with it like you said as a SaaS platform and im really not on the techy infrastructure side

Im also doing Service Now training to become certified in that 

No problem.  Cloud is a very ambiguous term in computing. 

Wonder if we could get GCHQ to help us out? Or better still let's open Bletchley Park and dig up Alan Turing.[emoji38]

Edited by STM

In all seriousness, any damning evidence against the PL is going to come from leaked emails. Probably from a so called big six club asking the PL to block it. 

Masters has more to lose by illegally blocking a takeover, than he does to gain. Unless someone can prove that he as an individual gains by this.

4 minutes ago, STM said:

In all seriousness, any damning evidence against the PL is going to come from leaked emails. Probably from a so called big six club asking the PL to block it. 

Masters has more to lose by illegally blocking a takeover, than he does to gain. Unless someone can prove that he as an individual gains by this.

Wasn’t he being given a job in the ESL, or have I dreamt that?