Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

The PL would indeed be foolish if they tried to hide any communication.  It's very difficult to permanently delete anything.  Remember also that the PL leadership must, at least, appear to be trustworthy.  If they can't maintain trust they'll be out.

So, to summarize, the PL has to be as forthcoming as possible.

25 minutes ago, Cookie1892 said:

Ah yes your coming at it from a different angle to me, i work with it like you said as a SaaS platform and im really not on the techy infrastructure side

Im also doing Service Now training to become certified in that 

Oracle & Snow, bet you are fun at parties. [emoji38]

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Oracle & Snow, bet you are fun at parties. [emoji38]

One night I was on call but in the Hotspur so I had to dial into work on my laptop and for such a busy pub I had no difficulty clearing some room at a table. 

:okay:

Big 6 and masters will have been communicating with burner phones hidden up their hoops.  MBS spooks will have to be anal in their research for information. 

11 minutes ago, RS said:

Big 6 and masters will have been communicating with burner phones hidden up their hoops.  MBS spooks will have to be anal in their research for information. 

Big Keith reckons they already have a mountain of damning evidence. He's been up their hoops, dug out the dirt and come back again.

Edited by Candi_Hills

12 minutes ago, RS said:

No, MBS will have had their jacksie’s hacked.

19 hours ago, Abacus said:

If I set up an 'unrealistic optimistic transfers' thread, intended to be about how Messi would fit in with our current team, how he might improve certain players etc or indeed accommodate Shelvey as well, that might be a laugh. Or how we might drop him for Hendricks every now and again.

If people then started piling in, saying "We'll never sign Messi, I'm just being realistic, just don't send me back to the real transfers thread with other people like me", I'd think they'd have missed the point.

Anyhoo, back on track. IF we had money to spend, who would you trust it to for transfers?

I know there's a lot of people that would have Rafa back in a heartbeat. I'm not sure I would. I don't think he'd have bought St Max for one thing.

Not actually sure who's idea that transfer was, because someone did something right for once, and I'm confused about who gets the credit.

We already have that so it would be merged, it's the brainless twitter rumours thread. Yet, people behave there, even if things posted are outlandish. 

56 minutes ago, Kaizero said:

We already have that so it would be merged, it's the brainless twitter rumours thread. Yet, people behave there, even if things posted are outlandish. 

No one in that thread is happy though. We're well beyond the point where we can pretend people aren't starting shit here just to kick other people's sand castles over.

MlHIVR1.png

Of course, they could always just not click on the thread, but somehow their total lack of self control gets twisted into being the fault of this thread existing? What, was this thread "asking for it"? Was it "dressed too sexy"? That's the same kind of potato brain reasoning no one accepts as an excuse for anything else, but people want to defend their right to be dickheads. Fine.

Edited by thomas

1 hour ago, Kaizero said:

Well if that's true, why don't people behave in this one too?

Maybe because the possible end of the Ashley era has made everyone ker-azy.

But it's a very specific fantasy, crucial to a lot of people, so I think it's worth it's own thread. Oh well, opinions.

On another note, I think football in general is heading for a massive correction. It was clearly only ever a massive Ponzi scheme based on the fantasy of ever increasing TV revenues. Unless you have a Chelsea or Man City type owner, who aren't in it for the money in the first place.

7 minutes ago, Abacus said:

Well if that's true, why don't people behave in this one too?

Maybe because the possible end of the Ashley era has made everyone ker-azy.

But it's a very specific fantasy, crucial to a lot of people, so I think it's worth it's own thread. Oh well, opinions.

On another note, I think football in general is heading for a massive correction. It was clearly only ever a massive Ponzi scheme based on the fantasy of ever increasing TV revenues. Unless you have a Chelsea or Man City type owner, who aren't in it for the money in the first place.

In theory, both examples should do the same and work just fine. This thread removes the optimistic "Keith" style musings away from the main takeover thread to, in theory, allow for more discussion regarding what most seem to find more "realistic" news than twitter rumors and the types of bread a lawyer makes. This thread allows for the people that want to discuss those things to do just that without being of any hassle to the other posters who don't want to do that. Yet, the posters that don't want to discuss those news, come in this thread and spew bile. They don't do that between the braindead twitter transfer rumors thread and the realistic transfer rumors thread. 

This is a well managed and well functioning forum and examples such as separating a thread due to two very different discussions going on at the same time are plenty, as it just allows for better discussion. As @thomas very aptly exemplifies, it seems like certain posters believe this thread isn't dressing right and they can't utilize the minimum required self-control to not yell that all over.

I'd have issued warnings to everyone making non-contributive posts and removed said posts that aren't constructive with regards to the purpose of the thread.

Edited by Kaizero

3 minutes ago, Kaizero said:

In theory, both examples should do the same and work just fine. This thread removes the optimistic "Keith" style musings away from the main takeover thread to, in theory, allow for more discussion regarding what most seem to find more "realistic" news than twitter rumors and the types of bread a lawyer makes. This thread allows for the people that want to discuss those things to do just that without being of any hassle to the other posters who don't want to do that. Yet, the posters that don't want to discuss those news, come in this thread and spew bile. They don't do that between the braindead twitter transfer rumors thread and the realistic transfer rumors thread. 

This is a well managed and well functioning forum and examples such as separating a thread due to two very different discussions going on at the same time are plenty, as it just allows for better discussion. As @thomas very aptly exemplifies, it seems like certain posters believe this thread isn't dressing right and they can't utilize the minimum required self-control to not yell that all over.

I think we may well be agreeing 😂

I wasn't expecting that. Fair play to you and your descendents, I doff my cap.

Strewth, are you lot still whittling on about this?

In more important news (and likely to affect any possible takeover in a positive manner), looks like Fulham have blown it. Any further move for the club would most likely have been tied in quite close to us definitely staying up imo, happy days!

Edited by Armchair Pundit

Thank fuck there's a Euros this summer, don't think I could deal with this endless shite from both sides of the "argument" being the only discussion points for 3 months :lol:

9 minutes ago, 54 said:

Thank fuck there's a Euros this summer, don't think I could deal with this endless shite from both sides of the "argument" being the only discussion points for 3 months :lol:

"How did a difference become a disease?"

Edited by B-more Mag

52 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Keith did somebody mention Keith

Keith’s tweets are worded almost identical to a Whitley Mag or Manor Park post. They’re also usually very quickly posted too, almost like they’re always online at the same time.

I’m sure it’s just a coincidence mind... :lol:

Anyway. Now the season is over. All abroad the takeover bus.

4 hours ago, Slim said:

Anyone who says they understand the cloud and emails etc are liars.

Worked in IT for 20 years so know a thing or two.  But yes this is very advanced.

I’m a cloud architect and qualified security engineer. Do I count? 😉

16 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Keith’s tweets are worded almost identical to a Whitley Mag or Manor Park post. They’re also usually very quickly posted too, almost like they’re always online at the same time.

I’m sure it’s just a coincidence mind... :lol:

Anyway. Now the season is over. All abroad the takeover bus.

All aboard indeed Fantail.