Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

5 hours ago, Lazarus said:

Err....i thought everything connected to the Saudis was getting a negative spin on it?

Why the change?

Just the way the news cycle works. Next up are the negative-spin articles. 

What's to stop the PL going to court, being found guilty and taking it all on the chin? They'll release a statement saying they're sorry, send Masters to Barbados to retire and Mike will trouser his compensation money. It's not like the media are going to go wild with the story.

Then it'll be back to arbitration.

9 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

What's to stop the PL going to court, being found guilty and taking it all on the chin? They'll release a statement saying they're sorry, send Masters to Barbados to retire and Mike will trouser his compensation money. It's not like the media are going to go wild with the story.

Because this is a civil case, not a criminal case. It's not "guilty" or "innocent". It's about seeking a remedy — which may be damages, i.e. the Premier League would have to pay money to NUFC, or it may be an injunction which would order the Premier League to do or not do something. Failure to comply with an injunction would be contempt of court.

It's the injunction remedy that may require the PL to allow the takeover to progress, although in reality it may be more nuanced than this, for example being required to re-perform the O&D test.

Edited by Rosenrot

14 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

The potential costs and implications are huge and they wouldn't be taking it on the chin, the PL itself is not a wealthy organisation, their legal insurer would and they will have a say in what the PL does.

Edited by Jackie Broon

41 minutes ago, Consortium of one said:

IMO, its a positive that the TV deal gets rolled over for another 3 years.  There will be no negotiations to research and conduct and less uncertainty which, I would think,  can hasten the positive settlement (for us) of the new ODT. 

The “new” OD&T, surely if they amended the test they’d have to use the old test, especially if the new one is stricter?

51 minutes ago, Consortium of one said:

IMO, its a positive that the TV deal gets rolled over for another 3 years.  There will be no negotiations to research and conduct and less uncertainty which, I would think,  can hasten the positive settlement (for us) of the new ODT. 

I think the only thing that would be positive about it is if the government had used it as a bargaining chip e.g. why should we approve this when you blocked investment into the UK and potentially harmed our relationship with Saudi Arabia?

By the way the letter to Masters is published here, the decision hasn't been formally made yet and they're taking comments on it up until 28th May:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/premier-league-broadcast-rights-potential-exclusion-order/letter-to-richard-masters-premier-league-12-may-2021

Quite apart from the irony of stating that the PL attracting investment into the UK is one of the reasons for being minded to allow the exclusion order, this will be bad for anyone who pays to watch televised PL football in the UK as we will end up paying the cost of it.

He doesn't look pleased that we stayed up. [emoji38]

Anyone a body language expert? Looks like he is licking his lips in a distasteful kind of fashion at the very mention of the takeover. Hopefully cos he knows he's up shit creek without a paddle, the cunt.

God you can tell he is one slippery corrupt cunt like. I had a bad feeling the first time I seen him talking about it last April/ May with the “I don’t think there is a timescale on these things”. I knew it was going to be a shitshow from then

A quick google and....

Mind Your Mouth - Mouth, Lips, and Tongue Cues

Be careful of pursing or licking your lips. This can indicate extreme anxiety, withholding information and withholding aggression. Tight lips indicate you may be planning to keep the truth in. If you actually suck the lips part way in, you may be withholding anger. When you are nervous, your mouth becomes dry, and you lick your lips and swallow as you struggle to find the right words to say.

Yep, sounds about right. [emoji38]

22 minutes ago, Wandy said:

A quick google and....

Mind Your Mouth - Mouth, Lips, and Tongue Cues

Be careful of pursing or licking your lips. This can indicate extreme anxiety, withholding information and withholding aggression. Tight lips indicate you may be planning to keep the truth in. If you actually suck the lips part way in, you may be withholding anger. When you are nervous, your mouth becomes dry, and you lick your lips and swallow as you struggle to find the right words to say.

Yep, sounds about right. [emoji38]

Nowt worse than an uncomfortable Dick. 

1 hour ago, Jackie Broon said:

I think the only thing that would be positive about it is if the government had used it as a bargaining chip e.g. why should we approve this when you blocked investment into the UK and potentially harmed our relationship with Saudi Arabia?

By the way the letter to Masters is published here, the decision hasn't been formally made yet and they're taking comments on it up until 28th May:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/premier-league-broadcast-rights-potential-exclusion-order/letter-to-richard-masters-premier-league-12-may-2021

Quite apart from the irony of stating that the PL attracting investment into the UK is one of the reasons for being minded to allow the exclusion order, this will be bad for anyone who pays to watch televised PL football in the UK as we will end up paying the cost of it.

Spot on. We’ll bend the rules to secure this investment at a difficult time for the economy, however we’ll scupper hundreds of millions of inward investment in the North East. 

Take these cunts to the cleaners and I’d even be happy for Ashley to take 10% of their global income in the process.

40 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

The body language breakdown of his previous interview was great, told us the really story that his word couldn’t/wouldn’t 

Somebody message him again and ask him to do an analysis of this latest one.

If nowt else, it looks like the last 12 months have aged the prick.