Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

19 minutes ago, Dokko said:

PS if you think why not just sign it digitally, we'll it was proven (don't ask me to dig, just remembered a lot of stuff being said about it from good sources) last time KSA and PIF do face 2 face business when possible and physically signing contracts seem to be a practise they hold important. 

There will also be a lot of negotiation to get done in a very short time before the arbitration starts next week (if that's the case).

If the PL were to indicate that they are willing to come to a settlement, Ashley would then probably have to negotiate a binding deal with the the consortium before he can go back and negotiate with the PL, because that deal will be fundamental to the negotiation of any settlement.

5 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

There will also be a lot of negotiation to get done in a very short time before the arbitration starts next week (if that's the case).

If the PL were to indicate that they are willing to come to a settlement, Ashley would then probably have to negotiate a binding deal with the the consortium before he can go back and negotiate with the PL, because that deal will be fundamental to the negotiation of any settlement.

Fingers crossed this is what is going on right now. When did Ashley 'say' grt ready this month? Was it at the beginning of June. If so we end June next week and ties in with his leaked timeline. 

10 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

Seems plausible to me. The PL didn’t follow their own rules (that @Jackie Broon always explains so well) and stopped a takeover which is anti competitive 

:thup: Not only that, I think the O&D test itself will probably be found to be anti-competitive. It's just too broad and too far beyond the controls over company directors in law, I think something like that would need government legislation behind it to stand up.

14 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

Seems plausible to me. The PL didn’t follow their own rules (that @Jackie Broon always explains so well) and stopped a takeover which is anti competitive 

Be one hell of an end to the euros if it goes through next week. Be watching players with a whole new angle. That young Danish lad, he'll do as backup. :lol:

1 minute ago, Jackie Broon said:

:thup: Not only that, I think the O&D test itself will probably be found to be anti-competitive. It's just too broad and too far beyond the controls over company directors in law, I think something like that would need government legislation behind it to stand up.

I'm getting good vibes... Not sure I like [emoji38]

5 minutes ago, Dokko said:

I'm getting good vibes... Not sure I like [emoji38]

That's why the ESL clubs were so confident in their legal position at first, because they knew the PL's rules restricting them from being able to join other competitions would be found to be anti-competitive in court. It was only after Johnson came out and said they would bring in legislation to prevent clubs from joining the ESL that they backed down.

Edited by Jackie Broon

2 hours ago, The Janitor said:

Clearly mentally ill like, needs serious help. Will undoubtedly be exposed as a toucher in the near future as well.

Is he the same idiot that keeps coming back on here all the time? 

5 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Is he the same idiot that keeps coming back on here all the time? 

You’ll have to narrow it down a bit more than that mate. 

Just now, Scotty66 said:

That poster on 606 has said what he said yesterday about the CAT documents was posted to uncover the mole who nicks his info for twitter. 

Presume that means it's all bollocks then?

:lol:

1 minute ago, Scotty66 said:

That poster on 606 has said what he said yesterday about the CAT documents was posted to uncover the mole who nicks his info for twitter. 

Presume that means it's all bollocks then?

How would that find the mole anyway? He can clearly see who nicks his stuff on Twitter, just not what their username is on 606 - or am I being dumb here? :lol: Probably the latter.

7 minutes ago, Kaizero said:

How would that find the mole anyway? He can clearly see who nicks his stuff on Twitter, just not what their username is on 606 - or am I being dumb here? :lol: Probably the latter.

No idea, maybe he had it down to 2 or 3 twitter users and wanted to see which one would post the info first, looks like it was the one who was posted a few pages back in this thread, his tweet was word for word what was posted on 606.

My understanding of The CAT proceedings are that the claim was submitted in April. The PL sought an extension to make an application to contest jurisdiction and the deadline make an application has passed.

It is not known if an application was made but I assume it was.

Any application of such significance will need to heard and the Chair is unlikely to provide a decision on the papers only, which will be extensive.

Looking at the CAT diary there is a case which was made in March and an application was made to contest the jurisdiction n of that claim which is listed for 4 day hearing in November.

Using a similar timeline a hearing on Jurisdiction is unlikely to be heard until December probably later.

the CAT process IMO is a tactical fall back on a failure of arbitration in July

4 minutes ago, Craig H said:

My understanding of The CAT proceedings are that the claim was submitted in April. The PL sought an extension to make an application to contest jurisdiction and the deadline make an application has passed.

It is not known if an application was made but I assume it was.

Any application of such significance will need to heard and the Chair is unlikely to provide a decision on the papers only, which will be extensive.

Looking at the CAT diary there is a case which was made in March and an application was made to contest the jurisdiction n of that claim which is listed for 4 day hearing in November.

Using a similar timeline a hearing on Jurisdiction is unlikely to be heard until December probably later.

the CAT process IMO is a tactical fall back on a failure of arbitration in July

Cheers Hopey.

Just being realistic. (I’m not Craig Hope)

And yes I am a lawyer (though not in that field)

I’m optimistic about arbitration in July though to go in favour of FCB. The only thing is that I would expect arbitration to heard over 5 days. 

Edited by Craig H

My reading is that he's saying it's just the stuff yesterday about it being published on Friday that was just to see if Burnsie posted it, not the initial stuff he posted at the weekend about the jurisdiction challenge being thrown out.