Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

10 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Just being realistic. (I’m not Craig Hope)

And yes I am a lawyer (though not in that field)

I’m optimistic about arbitration in July though to go in favour of FCB. The only thing is that I would expect arbitration to heard over 5 days. 

Just joshing chief, it's good for morale. 

You're a good poster, stick around. 

2 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Is something happening on Friday?

I'm confused.

Midsummer in Sweden, and yes we celebrate just like they do in the film that came out a couple of years ago. 

11 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Midsummer in Sweden, and yes we celebrate just like they do in the film that came out a couple of years ago. 

By jumping face-first into a rock from a cliff? That's a very sound representation of our historical ways I'd say. :D

54 minutes ago, Craig H said:

My understanding of The CAT proceedings are that the claim was submitted in April. The PL sought an extension to make an application to contest jurisdiction and the deadline make an application has passed.

It is not known if an application was made but I assume it was.

Any application of such significance will need to heard and the Chair is unlikely to provide a decision on the papers only, which will be extensive.

Looking at the CAT diary there is a case which was made in March and an application was made to contest the jurisdiction n of that claim which is listed for 4 day hearing in November.

Using a similar timeline a hearing on Jurisdiction is unlikely to be heard until December probably later.

the CAT process IMO is a tactical fall back on a failure of arbitration in July

We'll find out soon enough because, going by other cases, we should have a date in the diary for the jurisdiction hearing in the next week or so. Or if a decision has been made on the papers it should be published very soon.

15 minutes ago, clintdempsey said:

By jumping face-first into a rock from a cliff? That's a very sound representation of our historical ways I'd say. :D

Either that or welcoming strangers into the community, plying them with good food and drink, before stringing them up in the barn to slice tidbits off at your convenience.

The one with the jurisdictional challenge set for hearing in November is a collective proceeding (which I gather is what we'd call a class action over here). I wonder if that may have anything to do with why that one is so far off.

I doubt it’s far off because of a collective issue. 

The argument is still one of Jurisdiction not the overall case.  

if no jurisdiction application was made there maybe some imminent progress but I wouldn’t hold my breath 

this process is quite a niche area and there will be a need for court time.

I would apply optimism at this stage on the July arbitration.

Just now, Ben said:

So there is no chance of a deal getting done before the season starts ?

The arbitration supposedly starts next week, that is very likely to be concluded before the start of the season. The CAT probably isn't a route to the deal being done in itself, it will take way too long, it's probably there as an insurance policy and to put extra pressure on the PL.

1 minute ago, Jackie Broon said:

The arbitration supposedly starts next week, that is very likely to be concluded before the start of the season. The CAT probably isn't a route to the deal being done in itself, it will take way too long, it's probably there as an insurance policy and to put extra pressure on the PL.

I agree

say arbitration is heard over 2 weeks (at worst) and decision is made by the panel straight away (within 24 hours) and it’s in Ashley’s favour. All the ground work is done so it’s a matter of transfer of funds (a week) then end of July would be possible, but that again is optimistic 

oh and Ben Jacobs interpretation on what is going on doesn’t mean it’s accurate. He can still be wrong if when he thinks he fully understands everything. Journalists whilst may report on matters they are not experts on everything 

19 minutes ago, TRon said:

Either that or welcoming strangers into the community, plying them with good food and drink, before stringing them up in the barn to slice tidbits off at your convenience.

Sounds more like a regular weekend at the cottage that. 

4 hours ago, number9shirt said:

burnsie

As owner of @CoreOfNufc - I can categorically say we aren't Burnsie in any way at all. Hence why I offered him out for a boxing match for charity.

Just now, Kanji said:

DId you just lift it from 606 then? 

Partly yes. Most of it was surprisingly off a lad I've had info off before over Discord - seems he's also nicked it.

1 minute ago, gdm said:

This whole process would be so much less painful if people just didn’t post what their mates tell them as fact. 

Then football journalism would be dead.

Just now, gdm said:

This whole process would be so much less painful if people just didn’t post what their mates tell them as fact. 

Originally the whole Twitter page idea was to build it up, show people that Burnsie steals everything off forums, then give credit to 606, N-O etc so people will stop licking his arse as a god, and delete the account once takeover happened. Still is the case tbf.

12 minutes ago, FCB said:

As owner of @CoreOfNufc - I can categorically say we aren't Burnsie in any way at all. Hence why I offered him out for a boxing match for charity.

Then it must be a coincidence that your tweets are exactly the same as burnsie, the layout, retweeting yourself immediately & pasting so called info from not606. Or you are burnsie!

Just now, number9shirt said:

Then it must be a coincidence that your tweets are exactly the same as burnsie, the layout, retweeting yourself immediately & pasting so called info from not606. Or you are burnsie!

I can assure you, I really am not lol. For a start, I run @CoreOfNufc along with another member (not on this site). Plus he's tried to get police on me before so there's that. The retweet thing is just a likes method to push engagements (relating to wanting to show Burnsie up once takeover occurs). Not really sure how you want me to prove I'm different?

3 minutes ago, FCB said:

I can assure you, I really am not lol. For a start, I run @CoreOfNufc along with another member (not on this site). Plus he's tried to get police on me before so there's that. The retweet thing is just a likes method to push engagements (relating to wanting to show Burnsie up once takeover occurs). Not really sure how you want me to prove I'm different?

So you’ve created a whole twitter account with another person for the main purpose of proving that burnsie knows fuck all? 

it’s neck and neck to who is more mental :lol:

1 hour ago, Jackie Broon said:

My reading is that he's saying it's just the stuff yesterday about it being published on Friday that was just to see if Burnsie posted it, not the initial stuff he posted at the weekend about the jurisdiction challenge being thrown out.

Yes, he's confirmed this. But FFS it was still infuriating that he did that. Back to trusting nobody then. :lol:

4 minutes ago, gdm said:

So you’ve created a whole twitter account with another person for the main purpose of proving that burnsie knows fuck all? 

it’s neck and neck to who is more mental :lol:

Yes, except we're off after takeover ;D - he's probably reading this now tbh.