Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

5 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Not saying he doesn't have contact with the club / consortium, but I really don't think he's being told anything of note.

See what people say about what happens on the show and what the phone call was about - seemingly it was during the show. Think that's where the info to Kennedy (right or wrong) has come from though and not the cub statement, which you alluded to.

Edited by et tu brute

1 hour ago, Jackie Broon said:

I think Kennedy has just inferred that (the jurisdiction challenge has failed) from the club's statement, possibly incorrectly because the wording of the statement is very unclear on that point.

Imagine if he took it from reading my interpretation of the statement

https://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/newcastle-united-owner-mike-ashley-feels-he-has-takeover-winning-hand-3295491

‘The push for a public arbitration is not said to come from a position of fearing the club will lose – this approach has been painted as desperation in some quarters – more from mistrust, which is something which has coloured the relationship between United and the top flight since indications the deal would be passed in May 2020, then wasn’t.

Ashley is said to have taken a more ‘hands on’ approach to the deal in recent weeks, which flies in the face of his general strategy when it comes to footballing matters at Newcastle United with the club again sleepwalking through a very quiet summer in the transfer market’.

I suppose I keep forgetting this bit and wonder if it's the crux of their case or at least important to it - if the PL have clearly indicated the deal would be passed (as we keep hearing now and heard at the time) then they simply didn't do it what was the material change from the PL's side that caused them to reverse what they'd initially indicated?

2 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

I suppose I keep forgetting this bit and wonder if it's the crux of their case or at least important to it - if the PL have clearly indicated the deal would be passed (as we keep hearing now and heard at the time) then they simply didn't do it what was the material change from the PL's side that caused them to reverse what they'd initially indicated?

Gary Hoffman appointment.

The PL are still betting they if they can string this out long enough, PIF will lose interest and will walk away permanently.

If we do have dirt, we might well need to dish it - as this is currently a game of who blinks first. But equally, the delaying cannot go on for ever, and the legal process will slowly rattle onwards. Hence all the ‘wait’ stuff.

Also, the PL absolutely do not have *our* interests at heart. They clearly need to be torn up and started again.

They’ve made an enemy out of Ashley now - they are acting in many ways like a 1970s trades union, restricting his commercial activities. He does like to ‘park his tanks’, so he wants three things now:

- Sale of the club

- Compo for losses

- Revenge on the PL

1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

Gary Hoffman appointment.

Ok remind me, why would this matter are we saying he's in someone's pocket?  Where did he come from?

It'd better no be just that he knows Richard Keyes who works for Bein

The thing I don't understand is why the club haven't really pushed this for national coverage?

If this is as sensational as they're implying, then surely they'd have the reach to stir up interest in it via the national rags too? 

1 minute ago, Thumbheed said:

The thing I don't understand is why the club haven't really pushed this for national coverage?

If this is as sensational as they're implying, then surely they'd have the reach to stir up interest in it via the national rags too? 

Confidentiality whilst the legal process is underway? Any implication of ‘leaks’ from the club side would have negative consequences. 

3 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Confidentiality whilst the legal process is underway? Any implication of ‘leaks’ from the club side would have negative consequences. 

Should the club lose arbitration and hopefully they won’t, they should put the dirt they have on the PL out there for all to see.

He was brought in to push Big Picture/ ESL through - (as was Masters) - it's why he was 4th choice appointment and why his predecessor quit after a week when he found out what was going on. He has a banking background and the ESL was funded by JP Morgan - just join the dots (or follow the money)

"Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck, who heads the Premier League Nominations Committee, said: "Gary was the outstanding candidate in an extensive and highly competitive search process, and we believe he will form a strong partnership with our Chief Executive Richard Masters, helping to guide the League while promoting new ideas and strategies."

Also: https://www.themag.co.uk/2020/08/what-did-newcastle-ever-do-to-gary-hoffman-surely-not-the-500000-he-was-shamed-into-giving-up-newcastle-united/ 

He also has beef with Staveley as Ex-Barclays when she was involved with them - up to his neck with Qatar.
https://www.arabnews.com/node/1824366/business-economy

"A judge ruled Barclays will have to pay its own £33 million ($46.09 million) legal bill despite winning a case against British businesswoman Amanda Staveley’s PCP Capital Group over how the bank negotiated a financial lifeline during the credit crisis in 2008...Waksman in February had found Barclays guilty of “serious deceit” over the deal which offered Barclays a lifeline during the crisis...The civil case revolved around how Barclays secured billions of pounds from Qatar and Abu Dhabi-backed investors 13 years ago, allowing it to secure its independence — and the jobs of its bosses — by avoiding a state bailout"

PLUS the Keys/BEIN shite.

Will that do to start with?

Edited by Pons Alias

3 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Not necessarily leaks but the media releases were only done so by SSN and local rags. 

There seems to be a public interest, or at least we're lead to beleive that, so surely trying to engage as much of the public as possible aids their cause?

5 minutes ago, Pons Alias said:

He was brought in to push Big Picture/ ESL through - (as was Master) - it's why he was 4th choice appointment and why his predecessor quit after a week when he found out what was going on.

"Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck, who heads the Premier League Nominations Committee, said: "Gary was the outstanding candidate in an extensive and highly competitive search process, and we believe he will form a strong partnership with our Chief Executive Richard Masters, helping to guide the League while promoting new ideas and strategies."

Also: https://www.themag.co.uk/2020/08/what-did-newcastle-ever-do-to-gary-hoffman-surely-not-the-500000-he-was-shamed-into-giving-up-newcastle-united/ 

He also has beef with Staveley as Ex-Barclays when she was involved with them

PLUS the Keys/BEIN shite.

Will that do to start with?

Not really.  So you're saying he was appointed by the big 6 only presumably, with the express instructions to progress things that matter to them and ensure that clubs like Newcastle never get ideas above their station?  Any proof of this?

Form that guy SheikArab on the other board:

Supposedly Ashley has evidence of match fixing that he used in the CAT case, that's why the PL try to suppress it.

Edited by veriaqa

Guest reefatoon

If it was something as huge as that, just let it find its way into the media. Would bring them down like a pack of cards. 

That guy sheik arab seems genuine, he said that the PL definitely has something to hide. And that the PL rattled by NUFC's statement. They seem very touchy and defensive, he says.

I don't buy it 100%, but this is the daydreaming thread

7 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

If it was something as huge as that, just let it find its way into the media. Would bring them down like a pack of cards. 

Which could put the takeover back further as they would presumably have to replace everyone involved AND draw up new rules and regs??

Obviously you cant deny a takeover due to foreign state influence when a member of the PL is under the influence of a foreign state!

The match fixing stuff is new to me - are we talking about Fergie-time? or something more sinister??

I watch a lot of premier league football and I can't see match fixing happening on a big scale, I can remember a game against Liverpool at St James a few years ago and the ref definitely added extra time at the end so they could score and perhaps the Tiote goal against Man City but nothing really stands out that much.

IF there is any evidence of ‘match fixing’, I could see it more as which teams play and when etc, giving advantage to a select few in terms of travelling, days between games, which opponents they play, rather than straight up officials being biased- just can’t see that at all.