Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

94 pages stretching over 10 months and there’s been f*** all positive happened as of yet :lol:

The arbritation case agaisnt the PL not something positive or are you a closet optimist who needs constant reassurances?

Well for me I’ll wait for the outcome of arbitration before I decide if it’s positive. If it fails it’s not exactly positive is it?

I don’t particularly feel having this hangover out heads all season has really helped either

I think others - myself included - are taking the fact that the club are pursuing arbritation to the extent that other potential purchasers are being put off engaging Ashley, as a positive and reason to be optimistic.

So unless you're of the opinion that the PL have acted appropriately, then I'm unsure why there wouldn't be a tinge of optimism or excitement for how this case may pan out, but then again that's the nature of optimism isn't it?

Fair point. I’m genuinely of the view that the club will win arbitration or come to an agreement but I do think relegation will kill any takeover I just don’t see how it wouldn’t

Yeh I agree, having to think about the possibility of relegation is such an uneccassaary ballache but very newcastle like tbh.

Basically, I cling on to this thread because the alternative will be the end of the club for me.

94 pages stretching over 10 months and there’s been f*** all positive happened as of yet :lol:

The arbritation case agaisnt the PL not something positive or are you a closet optimist who needs constant reassurances?

Well for me I’ll wait for the outcome of arbitration before I decide if it’s positive. If it fails it’s not exactly positive is it?

I don’t particularly feel having this hangover out heads all season has really helped either

I think others - myself included - are taking the fact that the club are pursuing arbritation to the extent that other potential purchasers are being put off engaging Ashley, as a positive and reason to be optimistic.

So unless you're of the opinion that the PL have acted appropriately, then I'm unsure why there wouldn't be a tinge of optimism or excitement for how this case may pan out, but then again that's the nature of optimism isn't it?

Fair point. I’m genuinely of the view that the club will win arbitration or come to an agreement but I do think relegation will kill any takeover I just don’t see how it wouldn’t

Yeh I agree, having to think about the possibility of relegation is such an uneccassaary ballache but very newcastle like tbh.

Basically, I cling on to this thread because the alternative will be the end of the club for me.

That’s fair enough. I appreciate that. Can’t see me having the stomach for another season under Ashley

That’s fair enough. I appreciate that. Can’t see me having the stomach for another season under Ashley

Aye thats exactly where I'm at :thup:

An absolute disgrace how a takeover such as this was allowed. Very telling that a certain CEO at Burnley was on the panel that appointed Masters. The stench of the PL board will soon be exposed, it’s all the more ammunition to show how the test is an absolute farce, and being applied conveniently when suits.

An absolute disgrace how a takeover such as this was allowed. Very telling that a certain CEO at Burnley was on the panel that appointed Masters. The stench of the PL board will soon be exposed, it’s all the more ammunition to show how the test is an absolute farce, and being applied conveniently when suits.

Burnley owners did not pirate premier league games. 

It is a disgrace that clubs are not allowed to be in a certain amount of debt according to FFP rules, however Man Utd and Barnsley are allowed to gain owners who immediate loan the total value of the club if not more in order to buy itself without any punishment.

Neither did PIF.

Burnley aren't a threat to the 'Big 6'. A well resourced NUFC very much is.

Absolutely, this article particularly the part in relation to Dave Howe tells you all you need to know about who is running the show.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/09/sports/soccer/premier-league-ceo.html

It's only going to get worse as well, Whitley. A European super league is now inevitable.

Burnley aren't a threat to the 'Big 6'. A well resourced NUFC very much is.

Still find it staggering how their takeover was simply waved straight through. I mean we all know the reasons why but come on.

Corruption. Burnley could end up going the way of Bolton, if they aren't careful.

So why have the Premier League claimed that what they've done with the NUFC takeover is to protect the club? Because they certainly haven't protected Burnley.  Probably because the test is supposed to be about protecting the club in question, but in reality it's used to serve the wims of top clubs and the board.

This thread must be finished now then :lol:

"The" only L O G I C A L outcome "is" that it MUST "be" C L O S E D

Wait!!!

Close it when we're relegated, when Ashley still owns us and is even less pro-active than he is now, when the legal team have stopped baking bread and have moved on to Burnley, when SA and PIF have been so vilified that they've moved on to Marseille and when Whitley and ManorPark no longer provide us with their heaps of positivism......meanwhile !!

Wait. Imminent. Soon. Keep the faith lads.

Not the takeover. The closure of this thread.

Make it on a Friday. 3pm.

Looks like a very small band of us left......Leave the thread open MIDDS......at least the few of us can wallow in our own optimism until it either happens or does not.

What’s the fuss about has the land of the free stopped importing Saudi oil based on this intelligence report. Has Boris called an emergency cabinet meeting to stop all dealings with Saudi Arabia. Is there going to be an international conviction of MBS based of this report ?

This thread will die when Mandy says it’s over and Jink Jim says no mas.

Nothing has changed despite lot of bed wetting yet again, people blow with the wind in this place, hold you’re nerve keep calm and carry on.

Wait!!!

Interesting how happy some people are when there is news that could negatively impact on our Takeover.

Are you all from Sunderland?

Wait!!!

Interesting how happy some people are when there is news that could negatively impact on our Takeover.

Nobody is happy about it. Other than Luke Edwards and Steve Bruce. You can't differentiate people wanting it to happen and not believing it will? Weird.

What’s the fuss about has the land of the free stopped importing Saudi oil based on this intelligence report. Has Boris called an emergency cabinet meeting to stop all dealings with Saudi Arabia. Is there going to be an international conviction of MBS based of this report ?

Nothing has changed despite lot of bed wetting yet again, people blow with the wind in this place, hold you’re nerve keep calm and carry on.

Can't remember what it was exactly, but only a week ago there was already talk of relations cooling between US and SA. Some sort of trade agreement had been torn up, or something. Might have been arms trade, but it is definitely a sign that things are changing.

Can't find any of the reports now, like.

Can't remember what it was exactly, but only a week ago there was already talk of relations cooling between US and SA. Some sort of trade agreement had been torn up, or something. Might have been arms trade, but it is definitely a sign that things are changing.

Can't find any of the reports now, like.

The US is reliant on Saudi oil not a chance. They’ve halted arms deals that’s about it. There is no way the U.K. will follow suit after brexit, not a chance.

This will blow over as everything else has it’s a non event.

Wait!!!

As long as Ashley remains, I will be far from happy. But can't help feeling we've maybe dodged a bullet. I've never been comfortable with being overjoyed at our prospective new owners, just because they have enough cash to ensure we never have to compete again.