The Mike Ashley Era Time Capsule

Minhosa
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Have we had Kinnear fast asleep in the Directors box during the Stoke game? Really felt like we were a professional outfit at that particular moment.

Speaking of Stoke games I don't think anyone has mentioned Pardew crying and needs to post the GIF ASAP.

One of the best Ashley era moments.

”That was for Mike”

This reminds me; am I right in thinking there was a time he congratulated himself on a piece of transfer business?

Found it. On the Cabella signing:

"A lot of work has gone into his signing and I'd like to pay tribute to my staff, in particular Graham (Carr) and myself, Lee (Charnley), Mike (Ashley) and everyone on the board.

”That was for Mike”

This reminds me; am I right in thinking there was a time he congratulated himself on a piece of transfer business?

Found it. On the Cabella signing:

"A lot of work has gone into his signing and I'd like to pay tribute to my staff, in particular Graham (Carr) and myself, Lee (Charnley), Mike (Ashley) and everyone on the board.

All that and iirc he barely used him?

Official NUFC Statement: September 6

NUFC wished, at all times, to keep any dispute that it had with Kevin Keegan private.

It is therefore disappointing that information has reached the media through unnamed sources and a briefing has been given by the League Managers Association that could give rise to a misleading impression amongst the Club's fans.

Newcastle United have no desire to engage in a war of words but inaccurate reporting of factual matters and inaccurate allegations have to be corrected.

It is a fact that Kevin Keegan, on appointment on 16th January 2008, agreed to report to a Director of Football and to the Board.

It is a fact that Kevin Keegan worked within that structure from 16th January 2008 until his resignation.

It is a fact that Kevin Keegan, as manager, had specific duties in that he was responsible for the training, coaching, selection and motivation of the Team.

It is a fact that Kevin Keegan was allowed to manage his specific duties without any interference from any Board member.

It is a fact that Kevin Keegan agreed only to deal with the media in relation to Club matters relating to the Team and not to communicate with the media in relation to the acquisition or disposal of players.

It is a fact that NUFC is a business and operates, like all businesses, with financial constraints.

It is a fact that NUFC's financial constraints inform its transfer dealings.

The Board of NUFC have responsibility to ensure that the club is able to meet its commitments which include the wages and the transfer fees for players.

The structure at NUFC is clear, and has been clear from 16th January 2008.

Official NUFC Statement: September 6

NUFC wished, at all times, to keep any dispute that it had with Kevin Keegan private.

It is therefore disappointing that information has reached the media through unnamed sources and a briefing has been given by the League Managers Association that could give rise to a misleading impression amongst the Club's fans.

Newcastle United have no desire to engage in a war of words but inaccurate reporting of factual matters and inaccurate allegations have to be corrected.

It is a fact that Kevin Keegan, on appointment on 16th January 2008, agreed to report to a Director of Football and to the Board.

It is a fact that Kevin Keegan worked within that structure from 16th January 2008 until his resignation.

It is a fact that Kevin Keegan, as manager, had specific duties in that he was responsible for the training, coaching, selection and motivation of the Team.

It is a fact that Kevin Keegan was allowed to manage his specific duties without any interference from any Board member.

It is a fact that Kevin Keegan agreed only to deal with the media in relation to Club matters relating to the Team and not to communicate with the media in relation to the acquisition or disposal of players.

It is a fact that NUFC is a business and operates, like all businesses, with financial constraints.

It is a fact that NUFC's financial constraints inform its transfer dealings.

The Board of NUFC have responsibility to ensure that the club is able to meet its commitments which include the wages and the transfer fees for players.

The structure at NUFC is clear, and has been clear from 16th January 2008.

Whilst in the background Ashley is filtering revenue streams from NUFC to SD.