Plane spotting

Nobody

I adore a bit of plane spot geekery as much as the next man who registers high on the autism spectrum, but really, just seeing a private jet flying in / out of Newcastle isn’t enough to cause even a mild twitch in the y-fronts.

At the very least have a plausible reason why the flight departure / destination might be interesting to football transfer nerds.

Then we can happily hunker down over Flightradar and do some serious radar perving. 

Fair comment, though I did get a mild twitch personally. Not many Privates zip across Longsands. Guess I'm more excited as I'm now a coastie after most of my life as a townie.

Welcome to the Costa Del Tyneside.

As someone who lives under the flight path in NE29 my routine when spotting a private jet overhead is:

1) check the tail, is it definitely a private jet or Loganair

2) private jet confirmed, go on flightradar to see where it departed from

3) compare location with players we’re linked with

4) if it aligns, prepare the Kleenex

5) tell mother it’s a “do not disturb” situation, I’m in my room having a nap

6) when finished “napping” post on here to explain plane sighting and transfer theory

Edited by bobbydazzla

Fully signed up plane creep me. Love checking flight radar when I can't make out what it is.

Said to my lass the other day "look, there's tonali coming in to land as per flight radar". The fucking look I got man [emoji38]

1 hour ago, reefatoon said:

Flight radar and marine traffic are fabulous ways of wasting time. 

I sometimes like watching the Lanzarote live stream of the airport on youtube and sometimes check out the ships i can see in the background :lol:  I've never even been to Lanzarote :lol:

12 hours ago, reefatoon said:

Flight radar and marine traffic are fabulous ways of wasting time. 

I'm more surprised that more people don't do it, especially up here, where the Airport is so close so many are under the flight paths and many spend time down the coast, its only natural to wonder where's it been/going ?