Newcastle vs Man City - 28/06/2020@18:30 - FA Cup (Live on BBC)

Hoping for:

--------------------Dubravka----------------

Manquillo---Lascelles----Fernandez---Rose

---------------Shelvey---Hayden------------

Saint-Maximin------Almiron-------Joelinton

----------------------Carroll------------------

Can see a 2 man midfield with Shelvey in it getting completely over ran.

Hayden and hope one of the Longstaffs are fit is our only hope.

I disagree, neither of them have played for ages and weren’t in very good form anyway. Shelvey looks sharp to me and grafted well since the restart.

Looking here. I see Ritchie gets dropped, but in fairness he's been better than Joelinton and Almiron. I'm sure if anyone can pick Carroll out with a cross, it would be Ritchie over the other two.

I'm just assuming one of him or Hayden will be out given their knocks, but really crucial we get Hayden in the line up if we have a chance here imo. Wishful line up more than what I expect.

I was also thinking Joelinton could do a sort of wide target man role (I know he's not a target man but can be someone else to aim at along with Carroll when we're penned in).

Decided this morning to end my vow of never watching/listening to Steve Bruce whilst he's wearing a Newcastle badge. It's not like avoiding him for the last eleven months has helped my psyche in any way. :lol: If we're gonna win the fucking cup I can't bear the thought of me feeling nowt but bitterness and general loathing. And I won't achieve any sort of emotional u-turn without even attempting to soften my position towards the manager. I still believe him to be disingenuous, a chancer and a general Ashley patsy - who is wrong for the club in almost every sense (though at least he manages to retain his dignity, unlike his sister yesman Pardew) - but I need to at least give him the time of day if I'm ever gonna be able to support us in a non-Staveley world.

Let's see what happens tonight. I won't be leaping for joy if we win but I'll try and not actively hope we get stuffed. :laugh:

Decided this morning to end my vow of never watching/listening to Steve Bruce whilst he's wearing a Newcastle badge. It's not like avoiding him for the last eleven months has helped my psyche in any way. :lol: If we're gonna win the fucking cup I can't bear the thought of me feeling nowt but bitterness and general loathing. And I won't achieve any sort of emotional u-turn without even attempting to soften my position towards the manager. I still believe him to be disingenuous, a chancer and a general Ashley patsy - who is wrong for the club in almost every sense (though at least he manages to retain his dignity, unlike his sister yesman Pardew) - but I need to at least give him the time of day if I'm ever gonna be able to support us in a non-Staveley world.

Let's see what happens tonight. I won't be leaping for joy if we win but I'll try and not actively hope we get stuffed. :laugh:

I understand what you have said here. I always think how Shearer talks highly of Bruce and how they're pals. With that in mind also,its blatantly obvious Shearer hates Ashley, so it makes me wonder is Bruce disingenuous? I would guess he's happy to be employed by anyone especially a top flight club,but I might think he may also have more loyalty to his ex pro's than Ashley, they're just who pay his wages. I reckon Bruce knows Ashley is a twat really,I think he's just playing the game.

Decided this morning to end my vow of never watching/listening to Steve Bruce whilst he's wearing a Newcastle badge. It's not like avoiding him for the last eleven months has helped my psyche in any way. [emoji38] If we're gonna win the fucking cup I can't bear the thought of me feeling nowt but bitterness and general loathing. And I won't achieve any sort of emotional u-turn without even attempting to soften my position towards the manager. I still believe him to be disingenuous, a chancer and a general Ashley patsy - who is wrong for the club in almost every sense (though at least he manages to retain his dignity, unlike his sister yesman Pardew) - but I need to at least give him the time of day if I'm ever gonna be able to support us in a non-Staveley world.

Let's see what happens tonight. I won't be leaping for joy if we win but I'll try and not actively hope we get stuffed. [emoji23]

Watching any of his interviews 100% makes it worse, good luck though [emoji38]

Draw takes place at half time, so we'll definitely be in the hat.

Why ?

Because the draw is at half time, so unless they change the rules we won't be out till full time