Ryan Fraser (on loan at Southampton)

Chapo

• 4 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, MagCA said:

Did we get an update on Wee Man’s injury?

It's his hamstring, which means he will miss at least 2 weeks IMO by which point our season is virtually over and there won't be much point putting his hamstring to the test.

He's done well this season and will be a decent member of the squad next season. 

Gutted for him if that's his season pretty much over. You could tell he was loving his football again after the arrival of Howe then Trippier. The few games they played together they already looked to be developing a good partnership down that right hand side. 

I think he's probably more gutted as he knows this run in was really his chance to put himself forward as the first choice in that position for next season. I always thought it likely we will add another winger/wide forward in the Summer, and it would be Fraser who's place in the starting 11 would be most under threat if/when we do. 

Guest HTT II

He’s done well under Howe, and given what he’d produced before or rather didn’t, that’s been welcome. But he’s still a bit shit and nowhere near good enough and in reality, has been a big disappointment since signing. He does seem like a good bloke though I suppose…

Guest HTT II
31 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Fair play, he’s earned his squad place for next year anyway and doesn’t have anything to prove. Enjoy your hols Ryan 

I think he’s shown above all else, he can’t be relied on due to his injury issues which have kept reoccurring time and time again since he joined. I’d try and get a few million for him in the summer if we can, same with Lewis.

Think that’s a bit harsh, he’s busted a gut, he’s not going to be first choice next season but his performances under Howe deserve a squad position next season. Sounds like his injury is very minor anyway 

• 4 months later...

Such a frustrating player. I've more or less written him off previously due to his woeful fitness record, but when he comes on today, the quality of delivery was immaculate, and he was just really intelligent  in that final third, which we struggled with all afternoon before he came on.

He’s a decent footballer, he’s just not in his prime due to injuries. I like him and if we weren’t pushing for top half I’d be happy to see him get more game time but as it stands cameo appearances are just fine

Got a soft spot for him which I think is mostly down to him rightly thinking Bruce is a cunt. He definitely gave us something extra today when he came on, but again just not quite good enough for where we want to be.