Ryan Fraser (on loan at Southampton)

Chapo

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

Runs around like his intention is to kill himself. Absolute mad man in terms of work-rate and always blowing out his arse by the hour mark. Couldn't really ask any more of him. 

The one thing missing had been the end product, the last month or so he’s been contributing assists, goals & chances.

Welled up a bit when he kept bigging up Murph, saying he was hoping he’d score and how much he loved him. Said the same about Wood too. GUy is a mental team player. No dwelling on the win, it’s back to work tomorrow because we have a job to do on Thursday.

This team is so fucking likable again man. 

Almost as big a redemption as Joelinton. Which is about as big a turnaround as you get.

The stuff about him not playing (for Howe) in the Bournemouth relegation season just adds another level of intrigue.

7 hours ago, HUGZ said:

I love how much he loves Howe. I love hearing his interviews because he's smart but also enthusiastically honest. You can imagine Howe's said to him something along the lines of "You're good enough to hold down a place in this club as we improve. Go out and do it". Whatever's been said he's really fighting and its seemingly as much for everyone else as it is for him. Really enjoying watching and hearing him atm. He's got a beautiful ball in with both feet. So great to have that again. Undroppable. 

13 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Compare his attitude and how happy he looks in general, compared to that game where he got sent-off under Bruce where he looked like he was going to kill the first person he saw coming off the pitch. :lol:

This one? At 05:00. They don't show the reaction afterwards mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyVe5ptko5c&ab_channel=SheffieldUnitedFC 

Just now, St1pe said:

I’ve only just seen this interview from the weekend. You can see the positivity from the new manager beaming out of the players now. 

It’s frightening we were allowed to be ran like a pub team for so long. 

Fraser actually saying something in interviews is refreshing too. 

He often does say more than most about the previous manager. He's had a few post match interviews over the last few weeks due to goals scored or assists provided and has on every occasion stuck the knife into Bruce and his coaching team. Not by name obviously but quite clearly mentions how much better it is now than previously.

On 06/03/2022 at 12:21, Stottie said:

Almost as big a redemption as Joelinton. Which is about as big a turnaround as you get.

The stuff about him not playing (for Howe) in the Bournemouth relegation season just adds another level of intrigue.

Wasn't that more to do with not wanting to get injured without a signed contract.

A bit selfish yes (although I can't honestly say with 100% conviction I wouldn't do the same thing), but not like he was peeved off at the club or there was a personal fall out with Howe.

Edited by Pandamninator

That all makes sense and may well be what happened. However, its not the simple narrative the press grabbed hold of and ran with. As we know ourselves, a slide into relegation is stressful and its easy to start blaming any players you think could do more. 

In our case, a player we thought could do more went onto become an integral part of Liverpool's midfield.

7 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

See he's been left out of the Scotland squad, probably because he was pictured training due to pulling out last time

Aye, seems like he has burnt his bridge, at least for as long as Clark is still there. Mental really, when you consider he has been one of the in-form wide players in the league since Jan, and Scotland are hardly flush with talent in that area.

1 hour ago, et tu brute said:

See he's been left out of the Scotland squad, probably because he was pictured training due to pulling out last time

Fine by me. Just another player that gets a well-deserved break before the home straight. :thup: