Jamal Lewis: In Brazil to complete move to São Paulo

joeyt

Just now, Superior Acuña said:

Weren’t there reports he wouldn’t go to Birmingham on loan a couple of years ago rather than rot in our reserves cos it was too far :lol:

love it, don’t get why more players don’t do stuff like that, good on him 

I mean Brazil is a bit more glamorous than Birmingham.

1 minute ago, Troll said:

How do Sao Paolo know about him?  :lol:  Did they scout him?

:lol: I genuinely forgot he existed so fair play to the Sao Paulo scout.

@Flip I'm assuming.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

:lol: I genuinely forgot he existed so fair play to the Sao Paulo scout.

@Flip I'm assuming.

:lol:  Sending some Brazilian dude to watch Watford vs Rotherham.

8 minutes ago, Troll said:

How do Sao Paolo know about him?  :lol:  Did they scout him?

He's still Northern Ireland international and was one of their better players in the last qualifiers against Finland. Don't think he gets this move if he was English tbh.

4 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

I actually think this is most bonkers transfer i can remember. If you had 100 guesses, i doubt anyone would have come up with Sao Paulo, just completely random.

Sol Campbell getting conned into signing for Notts County still beats everything.

Does anyone have details on this?

Loan/perm, fee? :lol:

Always like seeing domestic lads going abroad. Better having an amazing life experience than stinking up the lower leagues. Good luck to him.

It's going to turn out that the players have an elaborate prank competition going on.  First, Tonali is persuaded that Wetherspoons in Gosforth has great Italian food, now one of our Brazilians has persuaded a connection at Sao Paulo that Jamal Lewis is a brilliant player.

5 minutes ago, Troll said:

Apart from Portuguese, or people like Diego Costa, are there any other Europeans playing in Brazil?

Only one off the top of my head is/was Colin Kazim Richards at Corinthians a few years ago. 

6 minutes ago, Fak said:

Only one off the top of my head is/was Colin Kazim Richards at Corinthians a few years ago. 

Seedorf did a couple of years at Botafogo - presumably cos he was married to a Brazilian at the time, possibly also cos he's got family in Suriname which ain't close but is at least on the same continent.

Just now, enthusiast said:

Seedorf did a couple of years at Botafogo - presumably cos he was married to a Brazilian at the time, possibly also cos he's got family in Suriname which ain't close but is at least on the same continent.

Not Brazil but Daniele de Rossi at Boca too.