Callum Wilson

Strawberry

Just now, St. Maximin said:

He is class and has been since he arrived aside from a brief spell mid-season this year. Tremendous season. 

That looked like a dive though and I won’t be tolerating that or defending it just because other teams do it. 

That’s him telt

He is class and has been since he arrived aside from a brief spell mid-season this year. Tremendous season. 

That looked like a dive though and I won’t be tolerating that or defending it just because other teams do it. 

Shy bairns get nowt 

7 minutes ago, St. Maximin said:

Are you a primary school teacher ? Just "I won't be tolerating it" is a bit year 3.

Just now, GeordieDazzler said:

Can criticise what you want mate, for me it’s a minor footnote to a great night. 

Doesn’t take anything away from a cracking performance mate. Was full of praise for him. But it’s still cheating and I don’t like that. He’ll get away with more than other players will, which isn’t really right. 

Just now, madras said:

Are you a primary school teacher ? Just "I won't be tolerating it" is a bit year 3.

Yes and I’m also a Tory too as we’ve discussed previously. Sorry I don’t agree with everyone here. Hate it when people dare come on a forum and have a difference of opinion. 

Doesn’t take anything away from a cracking performance mate. Was full of praise for him. But it’s still cheating and I don’t like that. He’ll get away with more than other players will, which isn’t really right. 

They all cheat all the time. Bruno and Miggy dived at least three times each from slight pushes and our defenders push, pull shirts etc all the time.

Yes and I’m also a Tory too as we’ve discussed previously. Sorry I don’t agree with everyone here. Hate it when people dare come on a forum and have a difference of opinion. 

Put your opinion up and deal with the reaction. That's how it works. Like I say they all cheat all the time.

9 minutes ago, St. Maximin said:

In the last two seasons the guy has probably been denied about 10 really strong penalty shouts where we've seen weaker or more dubious ones awarded the same weekend or even at the other end of the same pitch. He's in a huge deficit when it comes to getting awarded pens when he's genuinely fouled so if he can con one or two to claw some of that back good on him I say.

Just now, madras said:

They all cheat all the time. Bruno and Miggy dived at least three times each from slight pushes and our defenders push, pull shirts etc all the time.

Oh yes they do and I have called them out previously before. Totally fair to appreciate these guys as players and still criticise behaviour. 

Quite why you’re having a go at someone calling out cheating from his own players I’ll never know but each to their own. 

3 minutes ago, St. Maximin said:

Oh yes they do and I have called them out previously before. Totally fair to appreciate these guys as players and still criticise behaviour. 

Quite why you’re having a go at someone calling out cheating from his own players I’ll never know but each to their own. 

Its not really having a go at you as the idea that there's a difference between diving and pulling someone's shirt and getting away with it. Both cheating and gaining an advantage but the majority (and I'm assuming you are in that) seem to see one as worse than the other. If not I await your having a go at Burn Botman, Schar for all the snide little fouls they done tonight......and they did. So did their players.

Edited by madras

3 minutes ago, Pilko said:

In the last two seasons the guy has probably been denied about 10 really strong penalty shouts where we've seen weaker or more dubious ones awarded the same weekend or even at the other end of the same pitch. He's in a huge deficit when it comes to getting awarded pens when he's genuinely fouled so if he can con one or two to claw some of that back good on him I say.

If he’s conning the same refs and defenders who screwed him over I can defend him more, but he’s not. 

I was pointing out that he looked a bit goosed, not being his usual strong self in 50 50s, not being as sure as he normally is when pressing, thought he'd be the one to come off when we made a change etc. 

I love being proved dead dead wrong.  :aww:

1 minute ago, madras said:

Its really having a go at you as the idea that there's a difference between diving and pulling someone's shirt and getting away with it. Both cheating and gaining an advantage but the majority (and I'm assuming you are in that) seem to see one as worse than the other. If not I await your having a go at Burn Botman, Schar for all the snide little fouls they done tonight......and they did. So did their players.

I agree they (and defenders in general) should be criticised for antics like shirt-pulling etc. Strikers of course foul too even without the diving fwiw. 

I just said I didn’t like it, having talked up what a player he is. It’s not going to change anything. Each to their own but hardly worth the reaction I’ve got [emoji38]

1 hour ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Can criticise what you want mate, for me it’s a minor footnote to a great night. 

Don't be daft, let's ignore the positives and concentrate on whinging about something completely trivial. 

Mo Salah is joint best player of the league over the past five years with KDB.

We can focus on his skill and celebrate how great he has been at dribbling and shooting, or just point out that he dives in pretty much every game.

Since he is a skilful man, this also means his dives are better than some other players.

Nice guys always come last. I'm all for the shithousery and diving if we gain an advantage. I think it makes the player Wilson is, winding up the defenders and constantly purposely blocking the keeper so they can't start a quick counter attack. 

6 hours ago, St. Maximin said:

Ah well.  At least your football team looks like it might win something in the next couple of years. 

6 hours ago, Wilson said:

Don't be daft, let's ignore the positives and concentrate on whinging about something completely trivial. 

Stop being a moron, I’m just stating my opinion. Absolutely ridiculous the way people jump on someone’s back here for having a difference of opinion. 

I’m sure none of you have ever complained about anyone else diving.