Callum Wilson

Strawberry

4 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Nobody in the MLS will pay what we’d want for him

Hard to say what we’ll want for him though really. I don’t think he’s going for mega money.

13 minutes ago, Dokko said:

I'd hope £15m for Wilson and £30m for Almiron.

No chance, even in an inflated Saudi market, maybe half that, and a third of that if going anywhere else. 

11 minutes ago, Beth said:

No chance, even in an inflated Saudi market, maybe half that, and a third of that if going anywhere else. 

Na. Wilson minus injuries is in the England squad. Almiron last season was one of the deadliest winger in the prem. 

34 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Na. Wilson minus injuries is in the England squad. Almiron last season was one of the deadliest winger in the prem. 

But there is no "Wilson minus injuries" is there? Almiron had a six month purple patch and has now reverted back to type.

53 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I don’t think Miggy is keen on Saudi like, he could have went in the summer. I honestly think he’ll go back to the MLS.

I'm not so sure. For someone who grew up with the poverty he did, the thought of personal financial security a move to Saudi could bring as well as what he could do with some of that money in Peru would be hard to say no to.

He could easily do 2 years in Saudi still close out his career in the US.

38 minutes ago, Geordie_once_removed said:

I'm not so sure. For someone who grew up with the poverty he did, the thought of personal financial security a move to Saudi could bring as well as what he could do with some of that money in Peru would be hard to say no to.

He could easily do 2 years in Saudi still close out his career in the US.

Did he actually grow up in poverty? Or just a casual bit of racism? :lol: 

And he's from Paraguay, not Peru.

Edited by cubaricho

Just now, cubaricho said:

Did he actually grow up in poverty? Or just a casual bit of racism? :lol: 

And he's from Paraguay, not Peru.

Based on my vague recollection of an Athletic article I read ages ago he did. But then I did just (briefly - it was just a brain fart, honest) confuse his nationality with Nobby :buck2:.

15 hours ago, Jack27 said:

Nobody in the MLS will pay what we’d want for him

Doesn't he only have a year left on his contract after the summer? He could just run it down and leave for nothing.

I'd be happy if he just get 20-30 at the end of the game for the remainder of the season, think he will still bag a few. He's still a good player, he just cant play more than 90 minutes a week, and to be fair he should never have been put in that position.

5 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

Gone down in the pecking order whilst out injured.

Not really, still very much the second striker. Certainly wouldn't be starting Gordon up front ahead of him for instance.

Ooh, we could have three players in double figures again. Wilson needs three more. He goes in the shop window too, if the idea is to replace him.

Being able to get Isak off and rested for the last 15/20 mins of games will really be a big help as he’s constantly knackered by that point.

Off the top of my head I can’t remember him scoring from open play in the last 20 mins of a game he’s started in.