Callum Wilson

Strawberry

14 hours ago, Nucasol said:

Knowing Chelsea they’ll try and go balls deep on Osimhen.

Update on this will be Osimhen looking for a way out of Napoli. It’s all blown up after the horrendous video of him they’ve put on TikTok. 

7 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

No reasonable amount of money makes sense for Wilson. £50m would be great, but no club apart from Chelsea would pay that. And that £50m wouldn't guarantee his goals are replaced for us. SO then is it £60m? £70m?

And at £50m+ clubs might as well go for Ivan Toney.

Supposedly Arsenal are going to be attempting to sign Toney for £60m but they need to sell first.

For us it's a moot point. Wilson has signed a contract extension so him being guaranteed goals for the next two years is worth more than £50m to us.

8 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

No reasonable amount of money makes sense for Wilson. £50m would be great, but no club apart from Chelsea would pay that. And that £50m wouldn't guarantee his goals are replaced for us. SO then is it £60m? £70m?

And at £50m+ clubs might as well go for Ivan Toney.

Doesnt 50M mean we can spend 150M.  I'd do that.

43 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

Doesnt 50M mean we can spend 150M.  I'd do that.

Depends on his wages - the fees, wages and length of contract for other signings.

Reliable goalscorers are like gold dust. A striker that consistently gets you 12-15 up top by himself is so hard to find + some type of all-round game.

1 hour ago, TRon said:

Supposedly Arsenal are going to be attempting to sign Toney for £60m but they need to sell first.

For us it's a moot point. Wilson has signed a contract extension so him being guaranteed goals for the next two years is worth more than £50m to us.

Arsenal have an endless money pit. They'll need to sell Eddie Nketiah to make that work FFP wise. 

Shame we haven't got a young 3rd choice striker for when Isak, Wilson or both pick up any knocks. 

It's a long season with many competitions to be going with just two.

I know Gordon played there for England U21's but he's been so good from the left I wouldn't wana move him. 

On the flip side. Very few teams have two strikers of the quality of Isak and Wilson.

• 2 weeks later...

Hope he's back on the bench tomorrow. Was just looking at his fbref profile 'cause I'm sad and:

image.thumb.png.4d0dcdbd7d75ab02e8e160a1540894c8.png

Literally the best striker in Europe across the last 365 days for g/a per 90 :lol: 

• 2 weeks later...