Callum Wilson: back in full training

Strawberry

I'd play Joelinton ahead of Gayle with the new setup upfront.  Gayle is totally anoymous if you don't give him chances.

He is but surely Gayle would work harder and close down more than big Joe!?

Joelington offers absolutely nothing full stop. The bloke is an absolute joke of a footballer.

I’d just use Fraser there. Last few games Wilson’s been used as a ‘wide striker’. Keep ASM & Almiron where they were on Saturday, hope Fraser can offer a threat down the right and pray Willock becomes Rob Lee & Frank Lampard rolled into one arriving in the box like against Bournemouth.

How did Spurs do it when they didn’t play a striker for those spells without Kane? Do similar, huge drop in quality between Wilson and the other three and at least Fraser can do it at this level.

I’d just use Fraser there. Last few games Wilson’s been used as a ‘wide striker’. Keep ASM & Almiron where they were on Saturday, hope Fraser can offer a threat down the right and pray Willock becomes Rob Lee & Frank Lampard rolled into one arriving in the box like against Bournemouth.

How did Spurs do it when they didn’t play a striker for those spells without Kane? Do similar, huge drop in quality between Wilson and the other three and at least Fraser can do it at this level.

I quite like that idea.

I can't see it tbh. There's nobody to hold onto the ball or play off. Not that Joelinton/Gayle/Carroll are particularly useful options either, mind :lol:.

Not that big a blow as we have nothing left to play for really but it’s just a shame this happened just as we actually started pressing up the pitch, looking good to watch and scoring goals.

Also a shame it will be big joe coming in, surely it has to be Gayle though if we want to keep up this new way of playing. If it is Joelinton strolling about I feel we will just revert back to type.

Far too early for that talk IMO, we're just like 3/1 at some bookies to go down, not 33/1.

We have Chelsea and Man Utd in our 3 remaining Feb games, Fulham have Sheff Utd, Burnley, and Palace in their 4 Feb matches (covering their game in hand) - that 10 point gap could be reduced significantly in that period, if Fulham can turn some of their improved performances into wins over the next 3 weeks. If that 10 point gap is 6 by the end of Feb, so within 2 matches, and we still have to go to Craven Cottage, things will start to get twitchy again.

Well this is a mess ...

I guess if Joe is ever to make anything of himself here this is going to be his last chance, with him getting a run in this new setup.

If he looks bad with us lined up the way we have recently then that will all be down to him, as the setup should put him in the best position to be more productive.

Well this is a mess ...

I guess if Joe is ever to make anything of himself here this is going to be his last chance, with him getting a run in this new setup.

If he looks bad with us lined up the way we have recently then that will all be down to him, as the setup should put him in the best position to be more productive.

I agree but he doesn’t even have the application or desire to do well

Well this is a mess ...

I agree but he doesn’t even have the application or desire to do well

Well it's going to be his last chance really and it's all down to him.

Everyone has looked better in the recent setup and particularly the players further up the pitch, and so he just has to produce much better performances.

If he doesn't then it will be 100% clear that he has to be moved on once the season is up.

Best thing we can do with joelinton is loan him out every season hoping someone will cover his wages and maybe pay a fee in hope he clicks somewhere and his value increases.

Turkey or China, maybe Holland but they don't tend to habe the funds for him.